JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm totally an unapologetic corporate shill, but there is a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany as well. I know we're not an LGS, and we often refer people to LGS's for services we don't provide, but we also don't get shut down by the ATF.
Yeah I have given a lot of my business to them. I don't mind. Couple of guys I get along with. From time to time they have sales that a LGS can't beat.

Does Sportsman's Warehouse do private party/person to person FFL transfers?
That is one of the things we refer to LGS's. It varies depending on which SW location but we do try to keep an up to date list of nearby stores that do private/3rd party transfers, and how much they charge.

I'm totally an unapologetic corporate shill, but there is a Sportsman's Warehouse in Albany as well. I know we're not an LGS, and we often refer people to LGS's for services we don't provide, but we also don't get shut down by the ATF.
Yeah, but the Albany store has that 19 year old kid that lies like no tomorrow. Steens bighorn sheep tag, hunting out of a Neon, and dropping rocks on the heads of smaller rams to scare the big ones out so he could shoot. Or the other guy at the gun counter that says he has his FFL, that Sportsmans has to use..... I cant take these guys BS.

Just heard that the guy for Albany guns and coin has been under watch for the last two years and high possibility is being checked out for allowing a straw purchase. according to a friend of a friend and a co-worker who was texting them this morning.

As always.. take everything with a grain of salt.. its word of mouth.. must always wait for the full facts to come to light.. sometimes if they ever do.

Sooooooooo, funny story on that...:confused:

Well I "know a guy" that went to the Albany gun store a number of months ago, and Bought a M&P 9c. There was a long wait for BG checks to come back (something to do with the fed system) is what "the guy" was told. Nearing the end of that show a few hours later, and the "guy" wanted to leave. He asked what the deal was and if his dad (that lives very close, and has the same name) could pick up the gun when the BG check came back, Because he lives two hours away and works the next day. The lady they asked walked the two ("guy" and dad) over to the "Owner" (grey haired guy). Pay for it now, and I'll just let you take it. If there are any issues I'll call you. He says, after hearing the explanation and thinking 10 seconds. The "guy" pays and walks away with his gun and a business card in case he had any questions. Fast forward 3 months... He got a call from an Albany number, Ignored it. Listened to the message. "hey this is so and so from albany guns and coin, your BG came back find and you're good to go. :eek: DAFUQ!?!?!

Well I "know a guy" that went to the Albany gun store a number of months ago, and Bought a M&P 9c. There was a long wait for BG checks to come back (something to do with the fed system) is what "the guy" was told. Nearing the end of that show a few hours later, and the "guy" wanted to leave. He asked what the deal was and if his dad (that lives very close, and has the same name) could pick up the gun when the BG check came back, Because he lives two hours away and works the next day. The lady they asked walked the two ("guy" and dad) over to the "Owner" (grey haired guy). Pay for it now, and I'll just let you take it. If there are any issues I'll call you. He says, after hearing the explanation and thinking 10 seconds. The "guy" pays and walks away with his gun and a business card in case he had any questions. Fast forward 3 months... He got a call from an Albany number, Ignored it. Listened to the message. "hey this is so and so from albany guns and coin, your BG came back find and you're good to go. :eek: DAFUQ!?!?!

I have been informed, but I don't have any linkable proof that if your background check goes past 3 days in the state of Oregon that the dealer can give you the weapon..

I have been informed, but I don't have any linkable proof that if your background check goes past 3 days in the state of Oregon that the dealer can give you the weapon..
It's actually 5 days total. The day of the check doesn't count, and you must wait 3 full days. So Day 1 is check, Day 2, 3, and 4 are waiting period, Day 5 the gun can be turned over. Of course, the BATFE and OSP are not big fans of this and let their displeasure with turning over the firearm without an approved background check very well known to dealers.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top