JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would rank Arsenal Inc. (based in Las Vegas) as one of the best and most expensive. Vector Arms are also top shelf. The Yugo's are solid and ranked mid tier for me. Worst, WASR-10.

Joey,I bought a IO AK47C with plastic furniture when I was working in Colorado last year and I have to say I love it aside from the plastic but they do sell a wood setup I understand that I will look into soon.Like I said I really like the gun have had no problems with it at all.

Nobody's mentioned the Saiga yet? They're made alongside Russian military AK's at Izmash; they just arrived in neutered form (with ten-round magazines and no pistol grip) due to our import regulations. You can get them for $350 or less and do a basic conversion back to pistol grip configuration for under $100, or spend a lot more tricking them out. Arsenal offers converted Saigas dressed up to look just like 100-series Kalashnikovs as their SGL series.

I'm totally with you on the Saiga suggestion. Most AK's, apparently including the "American-made" kind (such as IO) as I've learned from this forum, are cobbled together from US-made and used surplus parts. Saiga's come new in box, with everything fitting together as it should, as opposed to many Century-assembled guns. If you wanna convert then new, quality parts are easy to find.

That tends to vary. If you simply want a Saiga that allows you to legally use a 30-rd mag, it requires nothing more than changing the handguard and making sure that mag you use is US made. In any case, it's not so much the new US-made parts of the cobbled-together rifle that I'd be concerned about, but the used surplus parts. Seems like you can't ever be sure where they came from, and how high a quality of parts they actually are, or sometimes just how used they really are.

Nobody's mentioned the Saiga yet? They're made alongside Russian military AK's at Izmash
+1 on that. Made by the company that originally made the AK so they tend to know a thing or 2 about building them! Great prices too (although the days of $275 Saigas are probably gone).

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top