JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Folks really have no idea how much Oregon boondogles cost us taxpayers. If you want to know why the schools are not guarded look at government waste. It cost a million per mile to pave your highways, Oregon spent over 300 million to pave 5 miles on highway 20.

If the school district can find the money to install artificial turf surfaces on the football field, they can find the money to install security measures.
*Musclebound Retard Jock Voice* How DARE you place ANYTHING more important than the Jocksniffing Retards' holy Temples of Athletic Godhood, you HEATHEN! You musta been a beta-male nerd when you were in school who's just still p*ssed off you had to take the swirlies and shoves-into-lockers because you couldn't fight back like a MAN...

:p

(The bullying stopped when the balls-kicking started...)

well, looks like majority will be lost somewhere in 2018... Then 2020 will go to the dems.

then its on.

until then, state level is going to be where we are going to lose out.

we need to take take the narrative back, we need to be organized.
unfortunately I don't see it happening. The 'nobody needs an AR15' sentiment is too strong...
especially now that anti-gun movement is now at one with the anti-trump movement... It's going to be even harder to stop.

I think we're truly bubblegumed by the next election

I think we're truly bubblegumed by the next election
You are likely right since we may soon learn we now live in a "democracy" (spit) where the most numerous mob rules.

We were supposed to be a constitutional republic. As Jefferson said "In questions of powers, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
It looks like the "chains" of our constitution may be very thin and elastic, easily stretched or broken.

IF we LET them.

I am a Citizen and REFUSE to become a Subject. Citizens give permission to their Government to do things. Subjects GET permission from their Governments. There are no rights, only Government granted privileges that can be taken away at a moments notice.

The attack on the Second Amendment is preparation for removing the last vestiges of Americans as Citizens. Fvck Salem, Brownstain, and the corrupt pay for play Bloomberg bought and sold legislature, especially turncoat Republicans. I will NOT COMPLY and I refuse to take a single breath as a Subject. I will not dishonor our Founders and give away their magnificent accomplishment, unique in the history of Mankind, meekly as a timid mouse.

I am a Citizen and REFUSE to become a Subject. Citizens give permission to their Government to do things. Subjects GET permission from their Governments. There are no rights, only Government granted privileges that can be taken away at a moments notice.

The attack on the Second Amendment is preparation for removing the last vestiges of Americans as Citizens. Fvck Salem, Brownstain, and the corrupt pay for play Bloomberg bought and sold legislature, especially turncoat Republicans. I will NOT COMPLY and I refuse to take a single breath as a Subject. I will not dishonor our Founders and give away their magnificent accomplishment, unique in the history of Mankind, meekly as a timid mouse.
Can I get an amen! Well said good sir, and you bring up an excellent point about a citizen vs a subject! Time to Water the Tree of Liberty with the blood of tyrants and traitors!!!

We were supposed to be a constitutional republic. As Jefferson said "In questions of powers, then, let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
It looks like the "chains" of our constitution may be very thin and elastic, easily stretched or broken.

IF we LET them.
Maybe it's time to replace those "chains" with a "blade at the throat." Maybe switch to Life Terms for officeholders, but make them not subject to Homicide Statute protections so they can be Rooftop Recalled anytime. When they retire they become human beings protected by Rule of Law again and "season is closed."

With all respect, I will counter that a semi auto rifle is a function rather than cosmetics, so they are all the same. A lion, tiger or panther end up in your back yard, is there any difference? While I completely understand your point, the anti view will call it a loophole. Take his too.

Actually your not countering anything. I have nothing against any legal firearm if the guy next to me is into Black rifles AK's or what ever thats fine with me. I on the other hand am not into those types of firearms any more then I am into Black powder pepper boxes or European Drillings. They just aren't my thing. I have been buying and collecting the kinds of firearms that turn my crank for over 46 years now having gotten my first .22 (which I still have at age 14) I have even gone so far as to testify in front of a State Senate Hearing on a Bill in the early 90's that would have restricted Class III what we now refer to as NFA firearms. But they just aren't my thing.

WnYmMS9.jpg

Jjv9XF2.png

I have no intention of voluntarily giving up anything I have. If I can't be grandfathered, then I guess they are going to have to come and get my rifles. I will remain a law abiding citizen right up until that happens.

So, in the highly likely event that OR/WA go all California on us and ban "assault weapons" and mags over 10rnds.... What guns will you be looking at?

Assuming there is no grandfathering.... What will you be shooting?

Aside from the tragic canoe incident.... Let's assume that even if you don't turn them in, you aren't likely to go plinking with it

Fewer rounds = bigger bullets?
Get into revolvers instead of autos?

Outside of my ARs, Im not interested in 556... I might look into an M1a
I have a Garand ... Who knows

A solemn topic, but realistically... If such a bill gets on the governors desk, its getting signed... If its on the ballot, more likely than not, its passing.

So, what do you think?

My choice is a stick! A big stick of course because we all know that sticks are like bullet calibers. The bigger the caliber the better it is. I was going to say a knife but then I remembered if I hold my knife vertically the handle will look like a pistol grip so someone will come try to take it away. But not if I have a big stick. Heh!! It's all in the logic!!

If I had to choose a set of guns under these circumstances, I would go with the following:

-Snub nosed .38 or .357 for personal carry (Ruger SP101)
-.44 mag for bear and close range game (Ruger Super Blackhawk)
-.44 mag carbine for deer sized game (Winchester Trapper)
-.30-06 for moose and bear (Ruger M77)
-.22lr revolver for plinking (Ruger Bearcat)
-.22lr rifle for plinking (Ruger 10/22)

...I like Rugers, and with the superfluous safeties and low capacity they'll be sure to survive any assault bans.

From your, uhm, keyboard to God's ears! However, any assault weapon ban would likely be statewide or nationwide. Grandfather clause will have a sunset provision or be changed after the next incident. Then we be told to turn em in.
One small problem they will have to deal with: With an AR the "firearm" part is the easily separated lower portion. That's all that would have to be presented in order to "turn it in". The rest isn't really a firearm. The lower is a relatively small item. Easy to lose in that canoeing accident? Many possibilities to think about here.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top