JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, in the highly likely event that OR/WA go all California on us and ban "assault weapons" and mags over 10rnds.... What guns will you be looking at?

Assuming there is no grandfathering.... What will you be shooting?

Aside from the tragic canoe incident.... Let's assume that even if you don't turn them in, you aren't likely to go plinking with it

Fewer rounds = bigger bullets?
Get into revolvers instead of autos?

Outside of my ARs, Im not interested in 556... I might look into an M1a
I have a Garand ... Who knows

A solemn topic, but realistically... If such a bill gets on the governors desk, its getting signed... If its on the ballot, more likely than not, its passing.

So, what do you think?

I have plenty of standard capacity mags and rifles to put them in. I will not turn anything I own into the government or otherwise.

What guns?

That being said, nobody has yet banned large bore lever actions. I will just have to tacti-cool out my 45-70 and make it big and scary, then open carry with it.

Assuming revolvers and bolt actions that could utilize AR mags were still around.. Id probably get really into both of those.

More 357, 45LC, 44mag
Bolt action wise, Id probably pick up a Ruger American that uses AR mags or the one that uses Mini 30 mags for 7.62x39.

Still good cheap fun.

Hopefully it wont come to that. But as an ammo sexual, I can gravitate toward any type of firearm in a time of need.

yeah. I get all of that.

but most of us can't move...
most of us wont go out in a blaze of glory on the front lawn either...
99.9999999 percent of us will simply have to comply or at least if we don't, won't risk imprisonment to go out and shoot them.

but we will have to shoot something.

I was only wondering what guns you would consider buying at that time, that you wouldn't currently.

So, in the highly likely event that OR/WA go all California on us and ban "assault weapons" and mags over 10rnds.... What guns will you be looking at?

Assuming there is no grandfathering.... What will you be shooting?

Aside from the tragic canoe incident.... Let's assume that even if you don't turn them in, you aren't likely to go plinking with it

Fewer rounds = bigger bullets?
Get into revolvers instead of autos?

Outside of my ARs, Im not interested in 556... I might look into an M1a
I have a Garand ... Who knows

A solemn topic, but realistically... If such a bill gets on the governors desk, its getting signed... If its on the ballot, more likely than not, its passing.

So, what do you think?
But yes, the stated goal of the left is to turn WA/OR/CA into the "big blue wall". OR is largely the remaining piece of that puzzle.

yeah. I get all of that.

but most of us can't move...
most of us wont go out in a blaze of glory on the front lawn either...
99.9999999 percent of us will simply have to comply or at least if we don't, won't risk imprisonment to go out and shoot them.

but we will have to shoot something.

I was only wondering what guns you would consider buying at that time, that you wouldn't currently.

So you don't have a choice? :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
Plenty of options, heck the first winchester that came out tube fed were used to tame the west. Remington made a model 66 with 15 in the tube and mossberg made bolt actions that had 22 rounds of 22lr. If it's tools a man wants then there are plenty out there.

Last Edited:
I am already considering the U-Haul idea.... The problem with that approach of course is that is in any war (and don't fool yourselves; this is a culture war on our 2A rights) retreat is not a great option... unless of course its the middle of winter, your in Russia, and the Germans aren't outfitted for winter weather and you can string them out along miles of nothing and wait for them to freeze. :p

I am considering my options, but one thing I do know is I won't be turning anything in. You want em? Come get em. I don't know that "going out in a blaze of glory on the front lawn" is exactly my plan, but I am not one to just roll over and show my tummy either.

In this day and age of "profiling" and everyone screaming about how evil it is to profile, whether it's because you're Muslim or Black or whatever... How come it is that no one is screaming about the "profiling" that is going on when the random madman shoots up a public location and they come after law abiding gun owners?

So you don't have a choice? :rolleyes:

Not after the fact, no.

I do everything possible now to advocate 2A rights... To destigmatize guns, ccw, 'assault rifles'... I introduce new shooters to the sport, I write politicians,etc.

but that falls on deaf ears in this part of the country... If they feel froggy, they can jump whenever they please.

so, after the fact what options are there?

absent a wider armed conflict in the country, what benefit will there be for me to give them up bullets first?
so my wife and kids can watch me die in vain?

you think anyone is going to portray me as a sympathetic figure in the media? Bravely dying for my rights? Making a dramatic last stand in a house full of scary looking guns and boxes of ammo

So getting into a shootout isn't an option, neither is an assassination campaign against those who voted for it.....

Moving will require thousands of dollars and a lengthy court battle to retain my full custody.....

In reality, I see three choices.

Fight, Flight or Acceptance.

Do you see another path that I do not?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR