JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One small problem they will have to deal with: With an AR the "firearm" part is the easily separated lower portion. That's all that would have to be presented in order to "turn it in". The rest isn't really a firearm. The lower is a relatively small item. Easy to lose in that canoeing accident? Many possibilities to think about here.

Give me a month and I won't own any more AR's ;) I love my jig it was worth every penny:)

So, in the highly likely event that OR/WA go all California on us and ban "assault weapons" and mags over 10rnds.... What guns will you be looking at?

Assuming there is no grandfathering.... What will you be shooting?

Aside from the tragic canoe incident.... Let's assume that even if you don't turn them in, you aren't likely to go plinking with it

Fewer rounds = bigger bullets?
Get into revolvers instead of autos?

Outside of my ARs, Im not interested in 556... I might look into an M1a
I have a Garand ... Who knows

A solemn topic, but realistically... If such a bill gets on the governors desk, its getting signed... If its on the ballot, more likely than not, its passing.

So, what do you think?
I already thought about that and it is in the works.
For me, the AR and AK style rifles have never been real comfortable to shoot. I have owned both. Already sold the AK, and will probably be selling the AR next. They are fine for gaming and for putting a lot of lead down range real fast, but I am now 70 years old and I just cannot seem to miss those targets fast enough to get a good score, so I am shooting more precision bolt action rifles. Currently I can maintain 1.5 minute of angle out to 600 yards. That is where I can comfortably say my rifles are primarily for hunting and I shoot well enough to hunt with them. Even if they are too heavy for me to carry very far, I will just let the bullets do the walking for me. If it is close enough for me to see it is close enough for me to shoot. Besides that, I do not and never intend to use any of my firearms for any illegal purpose.

Oregon doesn't spend money on school security because they don't care.

not from a lack of funds.

Oregons dear leaders want gun control, not school safety

Been to an Oregon school lately? They can barely keep the lights on and give books to all the students. Forget about A/C on a 115 degree day. Its a lack of funds. Thats the biggest reason I moved out of Oregon. Funny thing is before we moved to Oregon on of my friends from Oregon told me" Man, you don't want to move down there...the schools truly suck." Of course I didnt listen to him. I was wrong and again should have listened to someone who knew what they were talking about but I didn't. Yep, the schools suck.. The $6500 a year I was paying in Property tax and the $12K in Oregon income tax was just disappearing into Kate Browns cooz.

I am 75 years old, so I truly remember what freedom was as a kid. I have had guns since I was 15 or so, and never misused them.
So if anyone comes to take my guns, they are coming not because I broke a law but to be thieves, and deserve whatever happens. whether crooked politicians make up a law out of thin air or whatever.
And I have written two books on building firearms, hopefully someone does read them.

I think if the hammer does come down it will be on all semi auto's . They learned the name and feature game didnt work the last ban .

Problem is that when people start talking about "Bans" its always hard to nail them down on what they mean by "ban". Does that mean confiscation, feature restriction etc? New manufacture doesnt mean much when the laws are so poorly written that companies figure out a way to comply the law while still producing basically the same gun.

Here is NY's definition of an "assault weapon":

N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(22) 22. "Assault weapon" means:

1. (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

1. (i) a folding or telescoping stock;
      (ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
      (iii) a thumbhole stock;
      (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
      (v) a bayonet mount;
      (vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or muzzle compensator;
      (vii) a grenade launcher; or
    (b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;
      (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
      (iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds;
      (v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
    (c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;
      (iii) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
      (iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
      (v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
      (vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
      (vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; or
      (viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm; or
    (d) a revolving cylinder shotgun;

Here is NY's definition of an "assault weapon":

N.Y. Penal Law § 265.00(22) 22. "Assault weapon" means:

1. (a) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
      (iii) a thumbhole stock;
      (iv) a second handgrip or a protruding grip that can be held by the non-trigger hand;
      (v) a bayonet mount;
      (vi) a flash suppressor, muzzle break, muzzle compensator, or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor, muzzle break, or muzzle compensator;
      (vii) a grenade launcher; or
    (b) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;
      (iv) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of seven rounds;
      (v) an ability to accept a detachable magazine; or
    (c) a semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least one of the following characteristics:

(ii) a thumbhole stock;
      (iv) capacity to accept an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;
      (v) a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip, or silencer;
      (vi) a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and that permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the non-trigger hand without being burned;
      (vii) a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; or
      (viii) a semiautomatic version of an automatic rifle, shotgun or firearm; or
    (d) a revolving cylinder shotgun;

Welcome to our future boys... I feel safer already...

4731615_01_romanian_par_1_pump_ak_47__640.jpg

You guys may or may not be surprised, but a majority of LE are very pro second amendment and would not enforce a gun ban or confiscation. A Felon/DV Abuser/Mentally Ill individual or other person who should not be allowed to posses firearms is different than being a decent citizen who should have the constitutional right to bear arms in self defense. So rest a little easier. That's all I will say.

If death comes... it will be by a thousand cuts: banning online sales to Oregon of certain firearms and hi-capacity magazines, limiting and taxing ammunition sales, open/concealed carry being banned in certain places, etc. Basically choking off the ability to buy the actual firearm and the supply of ammunition itself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top