JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
by reading all of that. it sounds like the whole joke about keeping the last round for yourself is true. I sure as hell don't want to be eaten by a bear. From what I understand they begin to eat you while your still alive.

I'll be hiking 5-8 miles in and and will be out for days so I prefer to keep weight below the weight of my 8 LB home defense 870...

(The 2nd one up)
Penny wise and pound foolish :eek:

Be sure to file down the front sight on your pop gun. That way it won't hurt as much when the grizzly shoves it up yer bum :oops:

12 gauge, man! I think a healthy fellow could carry a shotgun and pack for 5-8 miles. No pistol or revolver will ever match a shotgun for making a grizzly sad!

Bear skull plenty thick - hollow points explode on impact and never get through to do the bear harm. Hardcast has a better chance of getting through one side and then will spin around inside the skull like a .22 does in humans chewing up vital matter.
Trouble is that a bear's brain isn't big so a .44 hardcast bullet whizzing around inside his skull might just make him feel kinda' dizzy while he claws and knaws your scrawny self. He'll ignore your screams.

Me? I don't worry about the inconvenience of carrying a shotgun with hard rifled slugs. If I need to limit weight them my camera, my propane burner, my spare undies go out, but the gun stays and I'll hump it no matter what.

The OP no longer needs any advice on this matter, as he already took this trip last month.

Plus he has not posted in this thread for over 5 months now.

Perhaps he will give a trip report and let people know what he finally ended up taking with him.

Maybe there's a good reason we haven't heard from him :eek:

A .25 auto worked for one gal...When a giant Grizzly came out of the bushes she
just knee capped her hiking partner and was able to escape at a brisk walk.:eek:

I'm sorry...The Devil made me say that.:(

Jack...:cool:

Yep you just have to be able to walk faster than the next guy.

The OP already took his trip last month. So at this point in time he is either safely back home, or has been pooped out the butt of some Grizzly.

Either way, I don't believe that he needs any further advice at this point in time.

Just because he made his decision doesn't mean others don't like to discuss the possibilities.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top