JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In situations like this there always seems to be a lot of speculation, and what almost looks like hope with many that the person was shot by a 'good guy with a gun'

Personally I believe the important thing is the shooter is dead and that by his own hand and because of this no one has to endure the possibility of any lingering emotional problems, or potential civil legal issues brought on by the dead guys family.

Seems like some men are rotting, mentally and spiritually without a significant sense of meaning and "quest" to achieve.

The egalitarian society that has been achieved by previous generations blood, sweat and tears has given rise to some people whose lives are so comfortable and easy that they despair in that experience that previous generations longed for.
Well said. I would also add that children are raised to believe that the past is a lie. By the time they are adults, they live in a state of nihilism. There is nothing to bind them to previous generations. No moral or cultural center to rely on in hard times. Just big pharma and counseling.

...They have thrown off "the oppressor" and now what? We have an aimless and shiftless society, where people can no longer tell right from wrong. This was a long-term plan that took shape slowly over decades. It was a deliberate attempt to usurp power and weaken the United States.

By the way I believe that kid in Bend worked at Safeway. I don't believe this was a random act of violence as they want us to believe.

Last Edited:
By the way I believe that kid in Bend worked at Safeway. I don't believe this was a random act of violence as they want us to believe.
From his blog, I don't think he worked there, at the time, but did in the past and he did shop there. There were a couple entries of his explaining while shopping his fantasy to just murder them all (in graphic detail). Not being able to wait for school to start it seems his next fantasy target (Safeway) took hold.

From his blog, I don't think he worked there, at the time, but might have in the past and he did shop there. There were a couple entries of his explaining while shopping his fantasy to just murder them all (in graphic detail). Not being able to wait for school to start it seems his next fantasy target (Safeway) took hold.
Thomas recalled running into the shooter in 2020 in the parking lot of the Safeway, where the gunman was gathering up carts as part of his job. He recognized him and threatened him again, although several years had gone by, Thomas said.

"It was kind of crazy when I heard about it," he said of the shooting.
"But it makes sense that he chose Safeway, because he worked there and he knew the layout."

Interesting followup story:
In that article I don't really buy "he was a nice guy". His blog made it clear he was intentionally "putting on a mask" to throw off any suspicion and he thought it was entertaining that he was able to fool everyone around him so easily. It was intentional misdirection.

The guy from his high school days is likely more accurate. Being easy to anger and throwing out red flags of his true nature, like "I'll kill you".

Thomas recalled running into the shooter in 2020 in the parking lot of the Safeway, where the gunman was gathering up carts as part of his job. He recognized him and threatened him again, although several years had gone by, Thomas said.

"It was kind of crazy when I heard about it," he said of the shooting.
"But it makes sense that he chose Safeway, because he worked there and he knew the layout."
Both of which indicate he HAD worked there but do not state he was working there leading up to the shooting. His blog contained many notations about what his duties where at his current job and how much he hated it.

It may be wrong, but I tend to believe the first person account from the shooter himself than a media reports implied meaning. ;)

Both of which indicate he HAD worked there but do not state he was working there leading up to the shooting. His blog contained many notations about what his duties where at his current job and how much he hated it.

It may be wrong, but I tend to believe the first person account from the shooter himself than a media reports implied meaning. ;)
The important takeaway here is I have the largest penis.

@Yarome my point is it wasn't random. Worked/Works/Working at Safeway he knew the store and likely had a grudge against his co-workers, as he was known to harbor grudges.
@Aero Denezol That's exactly what I said too. It was his go to shopping location leading up to the attack and he had written in his blog fantasizing about wanting to murder all the fellow shoppers around him on at least a couple of occassions.

It makes perfect sense that would be his Plan B target once he decided he couldn't wait for the H.S. year to begin.

The guy from his high school days is likely more accurate. Being easy to anger and throwing out red flags of his true nature, like "I'll kill you
I think the natural, resting state of most people is a-hole. That old classmate is clearly an a-hole, and part of the history that shaped the killer into an a-hole. From the last linked article:

"He also expressed his issues with work, society, rage, loneliness and love."

This should be the focus of the outraged, not guns. They want to make a real difference? Stop being an a-hole and treating people like crap.

Don't believe this line of thinking? Think about the meteoric rise in road rage incidents. It's not the car that got things to this point.

I think the natural, resting state of most people is a-hole. That old classmate is clearly an a-hole, and part of the history that shaped the killer into an a-hole. From the last linked article:

"He also expressed his issues with work, society, rage, loneliness and love."

This should be the focus of the outraged, not guns. They want to make a real difference? Stop being an a-hole and treating people like crap.

Don't believe this line of thinking? Think about the meteoric rise in road rage incidents. It's not the car that got things to this point.
I don't disagree. 20 year-olds live online, and online social networking platforms are set up to benefit the few. I've said this before in other threads, but in Japan there are huge numbers of virgin men in their 20s running around depressed. The Japanese were early adopters of these technologies and the problem is well documented. This is probably happening here too.

I did not read every post and this question may need it's own thread, but, I'd like an opinion why so many shooters bring multiple firearms, and pounds of ammo only too leave most of it behind in the majority of times. So called planning (fantasy) and within minutes of their objective, dump it in the restroom.

It's almost as if they never carried the weight with their skinny arms prior to the event. Beyond the weight is, why multiple weapons? Obviously I'm glad this usually hampers their success but it seems like a trend that ends up in failure the keeps being repeated.

Why not, one firearm that works? Not taking a fantasy amount of ammo? Why not dress so not to attract attention? Instead we get a template of a decades worth of copycat killers that normally end up with them dead. Why copy a failed formula?

I did not read every post and this question may need it's own thread, but, I'd like an opinion why so many shooters bring multiple firearms, and pounds of ammo only too leave most of it behind in the majority of times. So called planning (fantasy) and within minutes of their objective, dump it in the restroom.

It's almost as if they never carried the weight with their skinny arms prior to the event. Beyond the weight is, why multiple weapons? Obviously I'm glad this usually hampers their success but it seems like a trend that ends up in failure the keeps being repeated.

Why not, one firearm that works? Not taking a fantasy amount of ammo? Why not dress so not to attract attention? Instead we get a template of a decades worth of copycat killers that normally end up with them dead. Why copy a failed formula?
That illustrates the difference between actions based upon emotion vs logic.

I like to think the more stuff brought, the higher the emotion behind the act. Stuff gets left behind as reality starts to take shape. Just my opinion, since you asked for that.

Oh, yeah: Never grocery shop when your hungry...

I don't disagree. 20 year-olds live online, and online social networking platforms are set up to benefit the few. I've said this before in other threads, but in Japan there are huge numbers of virgin men in their 20s running around depressed. The Japanese were early adopters of these technologies and the problem is well documented. This is probably happening here too.
The trend, so to speak, started before the advent of online tech. AFAIK, it is related to Japanese tradition and culture making things difficult for the modern worker. FYI, women are committing suicide same as men. There are good documentaries out there on this.

That said, social media probably has made it much worse!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top