JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sure I wanna know what use of oxygen at waist level activity you're eluding to.....

;)
There's a magnitude of people on this earth who fit that category. If I had my choice they would walk around with a potted tree to replace the oxygen they waste (not waist…. Haha. Good catch though) simply by existing.

Don't forget all the suicides from 3 years of forced lock downs.
I don't want to sound cold, but for those chosing suicide... if it wasn't forced lock downs... they would have found some other excuse to give up and not be responsible for their own lives and choices.

I'm not saying we should ignore or not provide assistance to those in crisis, however, the misconception that a less than ideal situation can be blamed or force you to act in a certain way is false. It's always a choice. Ask a holocaust survivor.;)

There's a magnitude of people on this earth who fit that category. If I had my choice they would walk around with a potted tree to replace the oxygen they waste (not waist…. Haha. Good catch though) simply by existing.
I can't argue that... and composting is great for the environment... don't forget. (I don't mean the potted tree) :s0140:

I don't want to sound cold, but for those chosing suicide... if it wasn't forced lock downs... they would have found some other excuse to give up and not be responsible for their own lives and choices.

I'm not saying we should ignore or not provide assistance to those in crisis, however, the misconception that a less than ideal situation can be blamed or force you to act in a certain way is false. It's always a choice. Ask a holocaust survivor.;)
You've obviously have never been in a position/dealt with demons where suicide seems to be the only logical way out….. You're lucky to have never dealt with that. I'd never wish that on anyone. Yes there are always choices but for some it's simply not that simple. Add substance abuse and the lines become even more blurred.

You've obviously have never been in a position/dealt with demons where suicide seems to be the only logical way out…..
You assume incorrectly... and that's all I have to say on that.👍

Going back to the OP though, it's still amazing that with all the current social awareness that this duly departeds blog, with nearly 200k views before the actual incident, wasn't investigated. You have to think that within those viewer numbers there had to be at least a couple of people that would have reported it to authorities(?)

Something is definately broken if nearly 2 months warning of an impending mass murder doesn't spark some type of intervention.

Last Edited:
You've obviously have never been in a position/dealt with demons where suicide seems to be the only logical way out….. You're lucky to have never dealt with that. I'd never wish that on anyone. Yes there are always choices but for some it's simply not that simple. Add substance abuse and the lines become even more blurred.
Life is all about choices. Sometime's we're dealt some pretty bad cards, but in most cases, it's our own choices that end up defining things.

Life is all about choices. Sometime's we're dealt some pretty bad cards, but in most cases, it's our own choices that end up defining things.
I agree. But I know from personal experience what it's like to be there. So I have compassion for those who also find themselves there. Pull yourself up by your bootstraps just simply doesn't work for some individuals. People need help. That is if they want and will receive the help. If they refuse there isn't much you can do.

You assume incorrectly... and that's all I have to say on that.👍

Going back to the OP though, it's still amazing that with all the current social awareness that this duly departeds blog, with nearly 200k views before the actual incident, wasn't investigated. You have to think that within those viewer numbers there had to be at least a couple of people that would have reported it to authorities(?)

Something is definately broken if nearly 2 months warning of an impending mass murder doesn't spark some type of intervention.
We don't prosecute for crimes that have yet to be committed in America. This isn't the minority report. So are you for red flag laws? Where do we as a society draw the line? Cause in one moment the 2A community rages against the idea of red flag laws and the next they are basically stating that they should have been implemented before the individual bought the gun and committed the act. So which one is it? Cause we as a community can't have both….. And words are just words until action is introduced.

We don't prosecute for crimes that have yet to be committed in America. This isn't the minority report. So are you for red flag laws? Where do we as a society draw the line? Cause in one moment the 2A community rages against the idea of red flag laws and the next they are basically stating that they should have been implemented before the individual bought the gun and committed the act. So which one is it? Cause we as a community can't have both….. And words are just words until action is introduced.
What side are you on? I didn't look into this story very deep but sounds like the shooter stated he would do this. If that's not a sign then I don't know what is. But, if he hadn't stated that he'd do it and didn't have a record, what's a society to do? Where do you stand? The two of you are literally on the same side but you seem to keep poking the other. Maybe I'm missing something, as I usually do, ask my wife, LOL.

You ARE aware, are you not, that there are other laws on the books where LE may intervene against "imminent threat" cases, correct? It is not limited to prosecution after the commission of a crime... OR.... reg flag laws without due process as the only 2 options. That is the main argument against red flag laws. We already have laws to accomplish the same thing that don't ignore due process and step all over a persons civil rights.

In that waistoids case, he was admittedly abusing marijuana and alcohol. That alone would have allowed LE to confiscate his firearms... and if that wasnt enough... he obviously lied on his 4473's which could have drawn a federal charge and was illegally in possession of the firearms to begin with.

It was also clear by admission that he was in posession of home made explosive devices. There's another no no that could have been ample cause for LE action.

Oh yeah. AND a sawed off 870 shotgun purchased and modified in early July.

At the very least, his blog could have been used for cause to detain him on a 5150 hold and would have lost his firearm rights for a period of time that way.

Pick your poison. 👍

Last Edited:
What side are you on? I didn't look into this story very deep but sounds like the shooter stated he would do this. If that's not a sign then I don't know what is. But, if he hadn't stated that he'd do it and didn't have a record, what's a society to do? Where do you stand? The two of you are literally on the same side but you seem to keep poking the other. Maybe I'm missing something, as I usually do, ask my wife, LOL.
I also may be missing something. Lol. But I have read others on this forum talking about murder and burying bodies etc. is that not the same? One has just acted on his words/thoughts and the other hasn't. Before action is taken how do we know when to interject LEO and potentially strip someone of their rights? I guess that is more my question. I know I personally have said/wrote things that could be misconstrued or taken as a violent threat to another (in no way am I proud of my past actions). With that being said if parents were actually involved in their childrens lives and positive male role models were present these violent actions would happen at an extremely decreased rate.

For the record I am 100% against red flag laws. I also could care less about words/verbal threats until one acts upon them. At which point they should be dealt with accordingly.

I'm sure we are both on the same page and are just going in circles for the fun of it. That's the joy of conversing over the internet where an idea/point can be misconstrued accidentally. Haha.

No harm. No foul.

Last Edited:
You ARE aware, are you not, that there are other laws on the books where LE may intervene against "imminent threat" cases, correct? It is not limited to prosecution after the commission of a crime... OR.... reg flag laws without due process as the only 2 options. That is the main argument against red flag laws. We already have laws to accomplish the same thing that don't ignore due process and step all over a persons civil rights.

In that waistoids case, he was admittedly abusing marijuana and alcohol. That alone would have allowed LE to confiscate his firearms... and if that wasnt enough... he obviously lied on his 4473's which could have drawn a federal charge and was illegally in possession of the firearms to begin with.

It was also clear by admission that he was in posession of home made explosive devices. There's another no no that could have been ample cause for LE action.

Oh yeah. AND a sawed off 870 shotgun.

At the very least, his blog could have been used for cause to detain him on a 5150 hold and would have lost his firearm rights for a period of time that way.

Pick your poison. 👍
If that's the case I'm sure plenty of individuals fall into that category. I know plenty of lawful and respected gun owners who consume alcohol and cannabis….. some of whom have done more high speed sh!t than the majority of us can imagine and continue to train others to be proficient in firearm use. They have came out publicly to promote the health benefits of cannabis and have admitted to consuming it. Should their rights be stripped? If we are honest we all more than likely have done something that could get our rights stripped. The difference is we were just better at hiding it…..

And we dont go out and commit murder.

Last Edited:
With that being said if parents were actually involved in their childrens lives and positive male role models were present these violent actions would happen at an extremely decreased rate.

For the record I am 100% against red flag laws. I also could care less about words/verbal threats until one acts upon them. At which point they should be dealt with accordingly.
Truth!

Blowing off a little steam and letting the power of the blab run a bit wild, I get it.

In this guys case it went WAY beyond just a casual slip of the tongue for effect in the middle of otherwise sensible communication. If any part of it had even been lightly investigated it would have been simple enough to verify. Yup! This guy DID in fact purchase an 870 on the day he said he did. Maybe the other stuff might be true too.(?)

Truth!

Blowing off a little steam and letting the power of the blab run a bit wild, I get it.

In this guys case it went WAY beyond just a casual slip of the tongue for effect in the middle of otherwise sensible communication. If any part of it had even been lightly investigated it would have been simple enough to verify. Yup! This guy DID in fact purchase an 870 on the day he said he did. Maybe the other stuff might be true too.(?)
True. If only the government was that organized and resourceful (they're not). I think they are more concerned with arming IRS agents to come collect funds then they are looking out for potential lunatic 20 year old active shooters. Money outweighs life in the eyes of a politician.

Last Edited:
If that's the case I'm sure plenty of individuals fall into that category. I know plenty of lawful and respected gun owners who consume alcohol and cannabis….. some of whom have done more high speed sh!t than the majority of us can imagine and continue to train others to be proficient in firearm use. They have came out publicly to promote the health benefits of cannabis and have admitted to consuming it. Should their rights be stripped? If we are honest we all more than likely have done something that could get our rights stripped. The difference is we were just better at hiding it…..
I won't get into debate about gray areas of consumption, however, I will say, to me.... there is a difference between the occasonal herb use in moderation and social alcohol consumption vs. someone who is, admittedly, partaking of herb and alcohol on a daily basis with the intention of reaching "blackout" as an escape from reality.

If we are honest we all more than likely have done something that could get our rights stripped.
I dunno about that, but something that might get a guy into a litte hot water... I can't disagree.

My friend.... he believes if a building doesn't have a metal detector at the door... they were just joking about the "no guns allowed" sign.

I getcha. ;)

I dunno about that, but something that might get a guy into a litte hot water... I can't disagree.

My friend.... he believes if a building doesn't have a metal detector at the door... they were just joking about the "no guns allowed" sign.

I getcha. ;)
I'm right there with ya. Haha

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top