JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Enjoy the site. Read through it pretty much every day. Exclusively a mobile user. One small quirk ive noticed is when you press your avatar on mobile the drop down menu will freeze in its position and you cant scroll through itView attachment 548322
The fix to this is to press menu the go into general discussion(or wherever) and reloading it will allow you to access the menu in full and scroll through it. I dont know if this has been brought up before but if it has, is that being adressed in the coming change?

The entire menu system has been rewritten, so the answer is likely yes :)

For some reason didn't see this until just now.
makes a lot of sense.

The design of the website, seems consistent with many forums using the same software. I do like some of the add-ons like the new item tab, and the updates on the right side help to navigate pretty quickly what's going on in the website.
as I'll already mentioned @Joe Link, the political aspects have become overwhelming on this website. To the point it feels sometimes like CNN or Fox news as opposed to a firearm website. And to be completely honest,it feels very toxic having so many political aspects thrown at us from all over. Why that's important when the results are from a firearms resource. Many times other politics squeeze in and overtake a discussion direction. In fact that seems to happen pretty frequently. The fact that we have new mods means that things will be watched a little bit more carefully, and keeping things in the right direction.

The overall structure of the website, has always been good even in the very beginning it seemed pretty friendly to use.
About a year or so ago, on my own in this website I tried to have open discussions, but was shut down pretty quickly doing so. By no fault of the website or the staff, it showed how hard it would be with such a limited staff to change direction. Fast forwarding two years later and we still have the same difficulty trying to keep up with this so the changes are really good to see.

Like many others I do not like change, as sometimes it's not a good thing. But it appears by the explanations that were given, this is going to tighten the site up in a friendly way, and keeping things more in tune with the friendly sides and enjoyable sides of firearm ownership. While not ignoring that we have firearm rights to contend with, But not letting them overwhelm the website either.

I for one am very encouraged to see this change take place I think it will be for the better. Like some of us here that the longer other websites, we have watched them also implode with difficulties similar to what we have here. So the fact that our leaders are taking that by the wing, means a lot to see that they're aware of the conditions we all face each day.

Kudos to the team for sure well done.

FYI-

I am NOT eccentric, nor do I (for the record) reside in the autism spectrum... I'm 99.8% deliberately in control of my faculties at all times (nobody is ever 100%).

I'm very much well aware of what I'm doing, while I'm doing it... ;)
With near 23,000 posts @2% that's still over 450 that are out of control. :eek:

That said... NEVER CHANGE!

Whoever the EFF you are:D

Think of it like a couple of folks leanin on the gun counter having a chat about this and that! We are at the shop owners invatation and welcome as long as we follow his rules! Same thing here!

107D91DD-07D3-4890-8492-0BA30A5B0B81.gif
Think of it like a couple of folks leanin on the gun counter having a chat about this and that! We are at the shop owners invatation and welcome as long as we follow his rules! Same thing here!

I love it when folks I've invited come over to my home. Now if they came over and dumped garbage in my living-room we'd have a problem.

Is it just me or is it the fact that some of us use anonymous names and feel that we can berate & name call each other on forums such as these? Have you not seen other forum's die because these aren't kept in check?

Seriously, is it that damn challenging to behave yourself? Would you talk like that to someone if you we're in front of them, knew their real name, broke bread with them?

Be an adult and respect others on this forum, It gets beyond tiring seeing the same folks go full blast with other forum members...Rant Over.

I love it when folks I've invited come over to my home. Now if they came over and dumped garbage in my living-room we'd have a problem.
Is it just me or is it the fact that some of us use anonymous names and feel that we can berate & name call each other on forums such as these? Have you not seen other forum's die because these aren't kept in check?
Seriously, is it that damn challenging to behave yourself? Would you talk like that to someone if you we're in front of them, knew their real name, broke bread with them?
Be an adult and respect others on this forum, It gets beyond tiring seeing the same folks go full blast with other forum members...Rant Over.

If someone came over my house an acted like I see here, Id throw them out head first.
I think some one grows a pair when they think they will never bump into that person as you mentioned.

Actually I disagree on one point.
I am watching a forum die right now, that was one of the busiest I knew and a near as busy as it is here.
I took sometime away because it became toxic, came back and its like a ghost town nearly. I shared this with Joe Link.
You would be surprised how many websites go under due to poor management and and children for members.

Third, LOL, have I have zero problem ever saying in person what I say on the phone, here etc.
I don't always get along with people in my personal life and same on here. I'm a what you see is what you get
person. And I hate B.S. and can smell it a mile a way. Smelled to much here and hope these mods help.

I hope these changes are good, I do know one thing leaving things as they are, it will get worse.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top