JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know! I just had lunch with the AG in Washington and he has some great ideas!

Let's require a background check and training class to be a member! In addition, you will need to keep your keyboard locked up and separate from the computer so no assault language can take place. If you type faster than 10 words per minute, you will be banned, and subject to having man bits removed. :eek::rolleyes:

I know! I just had lunch with the AG in Washington and he has some great ideas!

Let's require a background check and training class to be a member! In addition, you will need to keep your keyboard locked up and separate from the computer so no assault language can take place. If you type faster than 10 words per minute, you will be banned, and subject to having man bits removed. :eek::rolleyes:
Nah it's more like we make you an offer you can't refuse (follow the rules). If you do not take it, we quietly make you disappear.....

I am very much encouraged by the stated goal of this forum, which is to grow and evolve upon the principles it was founded. t

I find it discouraging to see the divisive actions by many in society who seek to completely destroy someone or something simply because they don't agree with other perspectives. They are so eager to attack and are unable to abide an attack in return. So much yelling, so much anger, so many tantrums. Reminds me of the kid at the grocery store end cap who kicks and screams until they get what they want because Mom or Dad are either too embarassed to let them continue or are afraid disciplining their child in public will put them in jeopardy from the actions of the misguided.

There are so-called firearms focused forums out there where this behavior is ignored, even encouraged and as a result have devolved into a chaotic, no-holds barred cesspool of anarchy.

The lack of childish behavior, personal attacks and the single minded focus on relevant, respectful and honorable discussion are what makes NWFA so appealing to me. The discourse amongst members, the content posted and the actions taken by staff here keep the site true to its principles which is a refreshing counterpoint to the craziness out there.

I'm in, Joe. This is a great place to be and I am very happy to have found NWFA.

I know a number of the mods also, most of them are more along the lines of
BD29420A-39D3-4892-8F75-EC26027894A3.jpeg

I kid, I kid :D:)

There is a thread here that asks, "what have you learned on this forum", but I think I'll put this here:

What this Forum has taught me is;
To state my opinion and try my best to just leave it at that...no arguing or attacking no coming back again and again, just state the opinion and read the opinions of others. Sometimes it's not easy, but I try hard to stick to my personal rule...and yes, I sometimes have my mind changed by another's opinion. Especially if it is given with good humor and a feeling of genuine fellowship among "gun folks".

This place is different from most, in that it hasn't devolved into the "knife-fight-in-a-crowded-elevator" format that so many have (and some seem to encourage).

While it is difficult to pull off, as well as difficult to adhere to sometimes, these guidelines and @Joe Link's demands that we follow them are what has kept this forum thriving while others fall by the wayside. I love this place. Well done, Joe.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top