JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting thread!

There are ways around it.

Not legal ways, but OMFGSHTFINEEDAGUN ways around it.

Here's my take on it.

- Is an oil filter from a car a registered firearm component? (Answer: No)
- Can an oil filter from a car be screwed onto a modified threaded barrel and used as a silencer? (Answer: Yes)
- Can you own a rifle and an oil filter? (Answer: Yes)

They get you with a threaded barrel if I remember correctly, so having an oil filter, a barrel and a tool to thread the barrel all sitting in the same case is not a crime, but it is a solution if the need ever arose.

So if you had 4 parts that were not created and advertised as a firearm, you are legal.

If you can assemble 3 of those parts and STILL not have a firearm, you are legal.

Having all 4 parts available doesn't make a firearm, but it could be in dire emergencies.

In their regular state they could be a Mop handle, a doorknob, a crutch and hydraulic floor jack.

Interesting thread! There are ways around it. Not legal ways, but OMFGSHTFINEEDAGUN ways around it. Here's my take on it.

- Is an oil filter from a car a registered firearm component? (Answer: No)
- Can an oil filter from a car be screwed onto a modified threaded barrel and used as a silencer? (Answer: Yes)
- Can you own a rifle and an oil filter? (Answer: Yes)

They get you with a threaded barrel if I remember correctly, so having an oil filter, a barrel and a tool to thread the barrel all sitting in the same case is not a crime, but it is a solution if the need ever arose.

So if you had 4 parts that were not created and advertised as a firearm, you are legal. If you can assemble 3 of those parts and STILL not have a firearm, you are legal. Having all 4 parts available doesn't make a firearm, but it could be in dire emergencies.

In their regular state they could be a Mop handle, a doorknob, a crutch and hydraulic floor jack.

See? Now thats thinking! I was also considering from a legal perspective if you were developing a firearm for the military (if you had a business license- thats how Olympic Arms is able to make fully automatic/select fire M4's) OR if I remember right, each person is allowed to make one firearm for their own use per year.

Yes if you have the proper licenses you can make whatever you like.

If you want to make guns for yourself that is also legal but you still have to follow the laws. You can build as many as you like, not just one. You can not build a firearm, that would otherwise be illegal, even if it for yourself. If you build NFA items you sill have to fill out the proper forms, submit them and wait for them to come back approved. There is no legal way to make a full auto for privates sales/use.

Yes if you have the proper licenses you can make whatever you like.

If you want to make guns for yourself that is also legal but you still have to follow the laws. You can build as many as you like, not just one. You can not build a firearm, that would otherwise be illegal, even if it for yourself. If you build NFA items you sill have to fill out the proper forms, submit them and wait for them to come back approved. There is no legal way to make a full auto for privates sales/use.

Oh I quite agree- to do so illegally would be to invite personal disaster and it would make law abiding citizens no more than intelligent thugs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top