JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Man, I've got a brick wall here at home that you can come beat your head against if you want. It's as entertaining as "debating" someone who CONSTANTLY rails against the federal government and how evil they are, but the only thing he's ever done about it was wave a Ron Paul sign at someone..... He is a non-stop anachronism; he's got GREAT Google-fu though, so he can dazzle you with his awesomeness!

Please explain how criticizing the federal government and being a Ron Paul supporter is a contradiction in any way.

But hey, at least I'm not taking taxpayer money to kill people. :s0155:

Please explain how criticizing the federal government and being a Ron Paul supporter is a contradiction in any way.

But hey, at least I'm not taking taxpayer money to kill people. :s0155:

What is wrong with killing people that are trying to kill you?

Plus your last statement proves your stupidity and ignorance. I hope we never meet.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

I didn't know all those Vietnamese, Grenadians, Panamanians, Iraqis and Afghans were attacking American soil. Thanks for the update!

Kettle, meet pot.

If I remember correctly a bomb just went off in some city and blew apart some kids and left many amputees and dead in the streets. But i could be wrong and maybe it was propaganda like 9/11?

If I remember correctly a bomb just went off in some city and blew apart some kids and left many amputees and dead in the streets. But i could be wrong and maybe it was propaganda like 9/11?

I didn't know Chechnya declared war on America. What the hell are we waiting for? :huh:

I will buy you a ticket to there since you obviously think that my USA sucks. Take your self and leave. I will pay and a lot of others will too.

I will buy you a ticket to there since you obviously think that my USA sucks. Take your self and leave. I will pay and a lot of others will too.

Why should I leave? I'm not the one working for the gangster government that's terrorizing the American people.

Why should I leave? I'm not the one working for the gangster government that's terrorizing the American people.

No your not working for them but you donate money to them to help the military kill people. So your the problem. Thanks for the donations.

No your not working for them but you donate money to them to help the military kill people. So your the problem. Thanks for the donations.

Donations are voluntary, taxes are coercive. There's a difference.

And you should leave because you hate the military and country. We had this discussion before.

Ah, patriotism, the last refuge of scoundrels. Gotta love how you militarist cultists go against every principle of this country was founded on even as you bloviate about how anyone who disagrees with government murder is a traitor.

I believe a lot of people on this board are intelligent, articulate, and base their arguments on facts. Unfortunately in this post, I have see a whole bunch of uninformed/uneducated opinions being thrown about. You are entitled to your opinion and beliefs, but I ask that you do not pretend to know exactly why someone enlisted, what they did, and who they did it for.

I did not enlist in the Army to kill people, to do the bidding of the government, nor for glory, or fame. I signed the dotted line because I wanted to protect my friends, family, and brothers in arms. I have a strong belief that it is the responsibility of every American to give something to support what our founding fathers fought for...Freedom. You don't have to serve in the military to give back, there are many ways, but if you have not, you do not know and will never understand what it means to be part of the military.

With that said, let's Return to the OP. This guy, for whatever reason, decided he wanted to enlist. From what I have gathered, he said he signed up to provide for his family. Okay, that's an honorable reason, but here's my problem. Now things may have changed from when I enlisted, but at MEPS (Military Entry Processing Station) I believe they ask you several times and have you sign a document that states you are NOT a conscientious objector. They also have you take an oath and give your word to do your duty. He signs the dotted line and is put into the DEP (Delayed Entry Program) until they are ready to ship him out. After he ships out, he would arrive at the Reception holdover to confirm all his info from MEPS, get his shots, and wait to start with the next class. Next he goes through basic training where he was given a little taste of the Army and they teach him the basics of how to kill. Then AIT (Advanced Individual Training) where he will be trained for his specific MOS (Military Occupation Specialty), he chose a 25 series MOS which I believe is Signal Corps.

So at no time during MEPS, DEP, Reception holdover, Basic training, AIT, or for two months at his duty station did he decide this wasn't right for him and claim CO. But two weeks before his unit is scheduled to deploy, which they are given months of notification, have several briefings, field training, and fill out lots of paperwork for, he decides that he is now a CO. Why now?

I can not tell you for sure what made him change his mind. Maybe it had to do with leaving his wife for a long time, or he was too afraid of going, or perhaps the Easter bunny told him to. As of the beginning of this month, I heard a decision was made by his chain of command to reassign him to the rear detachment of his unit, which is not being deployed, and he will remain stationed at Ft. Hood until they decide the outcome. He was given orders to report, with his gear, for deployment. He did report as ordered, but did not bring any of his gear, at that point is when the chain of command made the decision not to reassign him. It is my opinion that he is trying to get an other than honorable discharge from the military.

I personally think he is a S-bag, deserves a dishonorable discharge, a large fine, and to spend the rest of his contracted time in a cell. I am happy he is not being deployed, because he would be a cancer to his deployed unit, and I am sure no other deployed soldier would want this Blue Falcon around them.

It's funny, I actually kinda feel sorry for him. Everyone now knows what kind of character he has, or lack thereof. He probably lost all of his friends, being associated with him would bring all sorts of headaches. What private company, with prior knowledge of this guys work ethic, would want to hire and pay to train a person that could at any point decide he doesn't like the job and sham out of the work or just leave. What kind of example is he setting for his kid? When things get hard, Quit. Or when you give your word, just back out when you feel like it. How can his wife want to be seen with a person like this? If the marriage gets tough, he may just leave. Also now that his story is known nation wide, where ever he or his family goes, they are going to face ridicule because of this decision. I think things are not going to go well for the Munoz family.

^^^ I also feel for this fellows family, but about employment and social situations he probably won't have too many issues. I am sure that many liberal business owners are just salivating to hire a famous CO. What a coup, bragging rights as long as he is employed there! Similarly, as long as the CO sticks to that social/political crowd he will never have to buy his own martini again.
BTW, I'm using the term CO here advisedly. Sounds like a cowardly little B.....to me!

I believe a lot of people on this board are intelligent, articulate, and base their arguments on facts. Unfortunately in this post, I have see a whole bunch of uninformed/uneducated opinions being thrown about. You are entitled to your opinion and beliefs, but I ask that you do not pretend to know exactly why someone enlisted, what they did, and who they did it for.

Nice strawman. Nobody claims to know why people enlist. I'm sure most people think it's the honorable thing to do.

Too bad the actual reality is that the armed services do not protect the freedom of the American people and have not done so for a very long time. One does not need to work for the gangster government to see that fact.

But hey, people are free to hold any opinion, it's just too bad when the facts and evidence don't line up with said opinions.

Burt, maybe he just should not have joined the Army during war time. If he was so against the war in question, as you speculate.

Good comment. I missed whether or not he had been previously deployed to Afghanistan or not. If so, maybe he saw first hand what we have done to the people there, why we are really there, etc. I don't know this guy's heart. Perhaps he is just some punk that signed up for a free ride, but it seems unlikely since he did it during war time. Not enough details. You know a lot of these dumb kids play COD eight hours a day and then believe that real life war would be even more exciting - and FUN!

I just don't know why someone would want to sign up to go fight in Afghanistan (or any other of our occupations) in the first place. It isn't to defend freedoms. It isn't heroic. Sorry, I know that is unpopular to say in the Empire but how is oppressing a foreign people and killing innocents heroic? Just because of some fake, expired cover story? I must be missing that logic somewhere. You earn a peg leg while helping billionaires enrich themselves further? - sounds terrific.

We are there to do bad things, just exactly like the USSR did it in the 80s, same reasons. Strategic land, oil pipelines to the Caspian Sea, Lithium, Opium, etc. When they did it they were BAD and EVIL, when we are doing it we are the good guys.

I remember how our gov/media would portray the USSR as monsters for going in to kill off the wonderful, peaceful people of Afghanistan who were bravely trying to defend themselves from an overwhelming force. Even Rambo did a movie making them out as underdog heros. The boob tube news constantly said everyone should be inspired by the Afghan people's stand against the USSR and its expanding blood lust and tyranny. Pray for these heroes was what the POTUS would say.

Now look. Same crap, just a different flag. National false pride, again, us vs them, those are our boys, they are good, the other team is bad. People are so simple to program and manipulate. It starts almost from birth. How about being a thinking individual first, and placing your birth lottery (what nation and 'belief' you were assigned due to your birthplace on the planet) second. Of course the last thing that the manipulators want is thinking individuals, they want drones within the collective hive; and boy do they have it.

Good comment. I missed whether or not he had been previously deployed to Afghanistan or not. If so, maybe he saw first hand what we have done to the people there, why we are really there, etc. I don't know this guy's heart. Perhaps he is just some punk that signed up for a free ride, but it seems unlikely since he did it during war time. Not enough details. You know a lot of these dumb kids play COD eight hours a day and then believe that real life war would be even more exciting - and FUN!

I just don't know why someone would want to sign up to go fight in Afghanistan (or any other of our occupations) in the first place. It isn't to defend freedoms. It isn't heroic. Sorry, I know that is unpopular to say in the Empire but how is oppressing a foreign people and killing innocents heroic? Just because of some fake, expired cover story? I must be missing that logic somewhere. You earn a peg leg while helping billionaires enrich themselves further? - sounds terrific.

We are there to do bad things, just exactly like the USSR did it in the 80s, same reasons. Strategic land, oil pipelines to the Caspian Sea, Lithium, Opium, etc. When they did it they were BAD and EVIL, when we are doing it we are the good guys.

I remember how our fake media would portray the USSR as monsters for going in to kill off the wonderful, peaceful people of Afghanistan who were bravely trying to defend themselves from an overwhelming force. Even Rambo did a movie making them out as underdog heros. The boob tube news constantly said everyone should be inspired by the Afghan people's stand against the USSR and its expanding blood lust and tyranny.

Now look. Same crap, just a different flag. National false pride, again, us vs them, those are our boys, they are good, the other team is bad. People are so simple to program and manipulate. It starts almost from birth.

Burt,

You should take a trip to the middle East or Africa and see what those people do to their own. I would bet you would want it to stop.

I have seen many things and in Somalia the drug lords killed their own people over food. I could go on.

You are far off base and watch to much you tube.

The only way to understand is go there and see for yourself.

Plus the Taliban always allowed drugs because it supplied them with tons of many.

@ dmancornell

I need to clarify something from your last post.
You feel the armed services does nothing for freedom and that people who enlisted are/were just a bunch of thugs doing the deeds of a gangster government, is that correct?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top