JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not going yeah or neah on the story as I didn't read much but, google "contentious objector, world war II", or something like that. It was quite the program and the US put those objectors to work supporting the war effort in other ways. It was my 88 year old mother that first told me of the program.

Mike

Maybe he grew a heart, a brain, or watched Rambo III. Or maybe he just got sick of killing to enrich the global bankers and realized our whole reason for being there is a fraud. Who knows?; don't know the guy.

It could be just because he is lazy. Many soldiers have woke up to how the architects of war really think about them. "Military men are dumb, stupid animals" - Henry Kissinger Now if my bosses felt that way about me I wouldn't be bouncing out of bed in the morning to go to work either.

He could be just like this guy, or not, but we don't know how informed he is or what is in his heart. "Some people realize now they have more in common with the Iraqi/Afghan people than the billionaires who send us to war (for their profits)"

Last edited by a moderator:
I respect your opinion, but deciding not to kill for a bank supercedes the VA loan/other stuff, he should just forfeit those. If soldiers and cops as individuals want to stop acting like bullies, killers and automatons in favor of thinking, I must say I am all for it. War is the greatest tool our owners have for social control and profit and they will do anything to defend it. Refusing to swallow their propaganda and racist hatemongering is like kicking them in the balls.

We complain about seeing cops treating us like vermin or soldiers shooting civilians, but when one says enough is enough, we call him a coward or a loser. I personally wish the guy well. I am no coward but knowing what I know I couldn't fight in one of these banker for-profit wars even if they pinned 100 metals on me and paid me $1k per day. But that is just me. I knew the whole 'fighting for freedoms' thing was BS years ago as is the whole orchestrated and fake war on terror nonsense.

Someday in the not too distant future the target might be you, not some poor cab driver or goat herder 7450 miles away. Then you might hope that the person coming up your stairs develops a little humanity, thinks for himself, and isn't an automaton who sees your wife and kids as simple target practice because he was told you are the enemy.

Maybe he grew a heart, a brain, or watched Rambo III. Or maybe he just got sick of killing to enrich the global bankers and realized our whole reason for being there is a fraud. Who knows?; don't know the guy.

It could be just because he is lazy. Many soldiers have woke up to how the architects of war really think about them. "Military men are dumb, stupid animals" - Henry Kissinger Now if my bosses felt that way about me I wouldn't be bouncing out of bed in the morning to go to work either.

He could be just like this guy, or not, but we don't know how informed he is or what is in his heart. "Some people realize now they have more in common with the Iraqi/Afghan people than the billionaires who send us to war (for their profits)"

As the saying goes " A man is only as good as hie word " he gave his word when he raised his right hand and took the oath.
We all see what his word is worth.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK my last comment on this; about the oath part. That works both ways. Like a contract. Well in this case 'Party A' lied, cheated, framed, use every disgusting tactic to get soldiers to kill in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya, etc, etc. Nothing is as it seems. I believe if an entity expects you to kill for it that you are morally and ethically obliged to be 100% honest about why you are killing. Once a soldier comes to understand that the reason they are killing is BS (9/11 false story, etc) that contract is void. How can a moral person want to keep killing an 'enemy' that never attacked us or did anything to justify their death/occupation? Answer - many years of racist programming - watch the film Reel Bad Arabs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdRc8c8jhU8&list=PL5885FD84F42C6BE4

Ask the average idiot American why we are in Afghanistan and they can't even tell you. Well, it is strategic land, oil pipelines, and the drug trade/opium which funds the CIA/black ops. Soldiers are guarding farmers, assisting them as they grow their opium. I mean, it is so sad. If I am a soldier I am supposed to be ok dying for drug dealers and opium growers? US Soldiers guarding opium in Afghanistan - YouTube (change quality to 480p) The Taliban virtually wiped out the poppy fields and cost us billions of dollars per month. One of the first orders of business after our invasion was to restore the drug trade.

In the summer of 2001 we wanted the Taliban's ok to lay pipelines, they said FU, so we framed them into the fake 9.11 story as a pretense to invade and do it anyway. We installed an ex-Unocal Exec as President there LOL, I mean there are 100s of facts that are so comically sad. So if a soldier stops and thinks, learns these things, learns that he was 100% lied to, and does not feel motivated to fire on people that never attacked us or did us harm he is a coward. I guess I just don't understand. What I am saying is an oath is two-way. I agree to kill and follow orders. You agree that what I am doing is in the defense of my country, no lies no BS.

I wish more people would have a heart. If every single vet fighting in Iraq and Afghanistan said F-it I am done do people really believe that would be bad for the US? No, it would be bad for the global bankers that got us into this quagmire in the first place. We could stop being the conquering Empire and start being a producing, caring nation of informed individuals, not just mindless programmed drones. What am I saying? - just stupid to even bother, will never happen. We are a morally and economically bankrupt ignorant nation lashing out before we expire. It is just awful to watch as a helpless slave on the sidelines. Sorry folks, war is a racket to benefit the .001% just in case you never got that memo.

I am done discussing this subject as it brings nothing but frustration to see otherwise good people support tyranny and oppression and disallow an individual the chance to THINK.

It is a simple case of breaking his word. There is no way did he ot know what he was going into when he started. He was playing the numbers game that his unit would not be called up for the sandbox tour. He lost and now suddenly he is saying i have grown a pair and am not going. What a punk.

Respect for refusing to murder for the government.

There is no way did he ot know what he was going into when he started.

Considering how the state recruits suckers with grotesque lies, bribes and propaganda (a global force for good, lol seriously?), I'd say there is a damn good chance he had no idea what he was getting into.

I know full & well how they git ya to sign I was to be a diesel mechanic & wound up being a glorified grease monkey. Think I had reservations? My family is military lifers through and through but I opted to only serve 3 years and I felt like I let them all down.

He is a p<ussy. I hope I never meet anyone like him.

He deserves a court martial and loss of all benefits and then brig time, then be dishonorable discharged.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

LOL @ "dishonorable discharge". The state has no honor and no morality, who are they to judge someone?

Just more government newspeak, like "military justice" or "department of defense".

Respect for refusing to murder for the government.

Considering how the state recruits suckers with grotesque lies, bribes and propaganda (a global force for good, lol seriously?), I'd say there is a damn good chance he had no idea what he was getting into.

guess it pays to do your homework before jumping into your new adventure. otherwise your an idiot for going forth blindly.

He is a p<ussy. I hope I never meet anyone like him.

He deserves a court martial and loss of all benefits and then brig time, then be dishonorable discharged.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

He's a POS and he should be hung. On another note though,I think they need to test the water in Portland,someone must have put some LSD in the system.

Wow, some people have graduated from the shovel to the 966 Loader! I can see them now, running them puppies full bore from the operator's station, in full tin-foil regalia!

Hand him his conditional discharge papers and send him down the road, he's an idiot that will let his comrades down at a critical moment if deployed to combat.

A true Conscientious Objector doesn't join first and develop a conscience later.
They know it from the start.

And FWIW, I knew someone that was a C.O. during WWII. We had many conversations about his decision during the Muhammed Ali fiasco, when he claimed to be a C.O.

It wasn't that this man wouldn't fight, he said he'd have been easily able to shoot at anyone that was shooting at him.
He avoided the duty because he was afraid someone would tell him to shoot a German soldier that was on a smoke break, or out taking a pee, or otherwise minding his own business, not hitler's.
He said that was something he would not be able to do.

So, he found a job the government deemed "critical," working in a highly skilled position building fighters for an aircraft manufacturer.
They wouldn't draft him after that, and he was drafted and deployed to Europe post war.
As a result, I believe he did double duty.
YMMV

A true Conscientious Objector doesn't join first and develop a conscience later.
They know it from the start.
Unfortunately some forget that little detail (along with many others) when they enlist. I dealt with this when I was in the Oregon AGR during Desert Storm, specifically with several Medical Officers who were as happy as a pig in poop putting band aids on troops boo boos during drill weekend or summer camp (and for big bucks) - until DS hit and they were the first ones pulled out of their units and attached to active medical components to be deployed overseas. I never heard so many excuses, and "Well I never thought" etc. My answers were easy when I kept a copy of the standard contract on hand with the clauses that referenced 'deployment' and the 'needs of the military' highlighted for their reading enjoyment.

It is a simple case of breaking his word. There is no way did he ot know what he was going into when he started. He was playing the numbers game that his unit would not be called up for the sandbox tour. He lost and now suddenly he is saying i have grown a pair and am not going. What a punk.

Yes, he took an oath...its not like he joined up a week before Pearl Harbor. You'd have to live in a cave for the last 25 years not to think you'd be going overseas if you join Army or the Corps. If he didn't want to get shot at very much he shoulda become a Coastie :rolleyes:

Most people think about the possibilities when they take that oath. I did. Man up, dude and do your duty as an American fighting man.

Brutus Out

This forum is sure a nice place. We can disagree on a sensitive topic and most of the time respect another's opinions and not resort to hurt feelings or name calling.

For instance, I like Salted Weapon. He adds so much, very smart guy on so many levels. We are polar opposites on this topic, but I still like the guy.

I don't mean that to be condescending at all. From the heart. As much as I think I know, in reality, there is so much I don't know, but I am open minded and always ready to reason things out and see things from other points of view. I just no longer want to be TOLD what to think by anyone, especially the media/gov (same).

I was the guy with the "Rush Rules" bumper sticker who asked the airline flight attendant just ten years ago to sit me up front in case anyone tried anything LOL. Damn, if I can progress, change and become more aware of things anyone can.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top