JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It really reinforced by belief in hi-cap automatics for handguns. Law enforcement, the military etc. have all moved that way. He likes Glocks which are cheap, light weight, but go bang.

He likes 9mm as do I. My choice in SHTF calibers has been NATO all along. 5.56/223 and 9mm. If there's any ammo left around after a battle, it will be those. If there are any guns to be had, it will be those. Guns and ammo might be as good as gold for bartering, but a gun is no good without ammo.

I also like them because the guns will hold more rounds and the ammo is lighter weight to carry - more rounds per pound and more rounds per mag.

A very good read indeed. I found that a few thing he mentioned are already close to reality here. This one struck me immediately:
Someone once asked me, "How is it that you cant shoot a criminal 200 meters away, but police don't do anything to stop them?".
And while this one is already happening on a small scale, how much longer until it's widespread?
SHTF, whatever type of crisis it may be, isn't fair. It will be absolutely unfair.
You'll have good, honest people starving, while corrupt ones make profit, you wont have a cop to protect you but they sure will come after you when a criminal presses false charges against you. That's the way it works.

Definitely something to ponder.

One thing that is hitting me hard is the kidnappings that could start to happen here so easy, with more unemployment and the fact that in some regards we have a 3rd world inside a 1st world here with all the illegals, but I have a 5year old and a hot wife so I worry.

Point to make is we are a nation that is armed. Bad guys will have to pick their targets with care, don't fit the victim profile.

jj

I've seen this before - seems like some good, practical advice.

I concur - his comments about hi-cap guns stuck with me. Also, his comments about having a good home entertainment system (so you don't have to go out as much) also made sense.

Randini, great link. One of the better reads I've had in a while. Never heard his story. I admit to ignorance. I didn't know it had collapsed to that degree. Interesting how a huge number must not have thought it would happen by their lack of preparedness. Similar to our country?

Thank's Randini, I remember this going down from the outside through the news casts. It's a hole different story from the inside from a person that has been living it.

Randini, great link. One of the better reads I've had in a while. Never heard his story. I admit to ignorance. I didn't know it had collapsed to that degree. Interesting how a huge number must not have thought it would happen by their lack of preparedness. Similar to our country?

Argentina collapsed economically from within by running huge deficits and printing money to the point it was worthless. It wasn't a coup or a war or even a government attempt at rounding up people with guns etc.

Our government has been doing the same thing. Some of our states are even worse (Kalifornia) but thankfully they can't print money.

Argentina collapsed economically from within by running huge deficits and printing money to the point it was worthless. It wasn't a coup or a war or even a government attempt at rounding up people with guns etc.

Our government has been doing the same thing. Some of our states are even worse (Kalifornia) but thankfully they can't print money.

Well said, I look at the way our goverment is running things and it really does scare me, I'd like to buy this guys book and read his whole story but 24.95 for a paperback? I'll just keep an eye out for a used one.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top