Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

A survival story

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by Randini, Oct 29, 2009.

1. Randini

Randini Salem Member

2. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

I go to that site on occasion. That guy has been there and done that! We need to listen to him.

3. Gunner3456

Gunner3456 Salem Well-Known Member

Thanks for the link. It's about an hour read, but worth every minute. I learned a lot.

4. Randini

Randini Salem Member

I gotta say after I read this I'am rethinking a few things, like dario541 says this guy went through a SHTF and knows.

5. Gunner3456

It really reinforced by belief in hi-cap automatics for handguns. Law enforcement, the military etc. have all moved that way. He likes Glocks which are cheap, light weight, but go bang.

He likes 9mm as do I. My choice in SHTF calibers has been NATO all along. 5.56/223 and 9mm. If there's any ammo left around after a battle, it will be those. If there are any guns to be had, it will be those. Guns and ammo might be as good as gold for bartering, but a gun is no good without ammo.

I also like them because the guns will hold more rounds and the ammo is lighter weight to carry - more rounds per pound and more rounds per mag.

6. Jamie6.5

Jamie6.5 Western OR Well-Known Member

A very good read indeed. I found that a few thing he mentioned are already close to reality here. This one struck me immediately:
    And while this one is already happening on a small scale, how much longer until it's widespread?
    Definitely something to ponder.

7. powersbj

powersbj Seattle Area Active Member

Lots of eye openers... His description kinda reminds me of that short lived TV show. Dark Angel.

8. dario541

dario541 medford, or 97504 Member

He seems to know his SHTF! we ought to listen!

9. Randini

Randini Salem Member

One thing that is hitting me hard is the kidnappings that could start to happen here so easy, with more unemployment and the fact that in some regards we have a 3rd world inside a 1st world here with all the illegals, but I have a 5year old and a hot wife so I worry.

10. Gunner3456

We have third world zones in our inner big cities, imho. Tens of millions of people. Welfare, food stamps, filth, crime...

11. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Point to make is we are a nation that is armed. Bad guys will have to pick their targets with care, don't fit the victim profile.

jj

12. torpedoman

torpedoman land of corrupt politicians Member

It just may be worse here READ THIS it will contradict a lot of what you KNOW

13. Gunner3456

Read what? The posted article in the OP? ??

14. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I've seen this before - seems like some good, practical advice.

I concur - his comments about hi-cap guns stuck with me. Also, his comments about having a good home entertainment system (so you don't have to go out as much) also made sense.

15. powersbj

powersbj Seattle Area Active Member

And former good guys will have lots of guns too.... Figure a bad situation will turn otherwise good people into desperate people...

16. wawaverider

wawaverider PDX, OR Member

Randini, great link. One of the better reads I've had in a while. Never heard his story. I admit to ignorance. I didn't know it had collapsed to that degree. Interesting how a huge number must not have thought it would happen by their lack of preparedness. Similar to our country?

17. swoop

swoop Milwaukie, Oregon Well-Known Member

Thank's Randini, I remember this going down from the outside through the news casts. It's a hole different story from the inside from a person that has been living it.

18. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Thanks for posting, Ive never seen this before. Awesome read.

19. Gunner3456

Argentina collapsed economically from within by running huge deficits and printing money to the point it was worthless. It wasn't a coup or a war or even a government attempt at rounding up people with guns etc.

Our government has been doing the same thing. Some of our states are even worse (Kalifornia) but thankfully they can't print money.

20. Randini

Randini Salem Member

Well said, I look at the way our goverment is running things and it really does scare me, I'd like to buy this guys book and read his whole story but 24.95 for a paperback? I'll just keep an eye out for a used one.