JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ( had a few nice pieces before that boat accident) have, its not the price sometimes.
I found sometimes getting what I wanted also meant I wouldn't part with it.
There is a 586 that I wouldn't trade for most anything, not because its priceless, but because its perfection in my view
of what a Pistol should be. Also there was this Rem 740 with near spotless rails looks like new and why they are not worth
allot I wouldn't trade it. Couple others like a Police Issue Pre-ban Sig P229 40SW. Of course all these were lost in a boat accident
which ironically happened right when Obummer took office. :rolleyes:
Some people get it, that its not a firearm, its a life style.

Holy Camoles! After a 20 minute wait on the phone I was connected with "James" at S&W.
I was told that the first ones began in Feb of 1964, and the Highway Patrol was the common one for this finish. Apparently it's bead blasted. He said there were a very small number of the one I have that were bead blasted but not as a production model. He's not sure how I got a hold of it, but he's sent me to their History Tracking Center with the serial number and detailed photos to be sent along with $5.oo

I suppose this might take a while but now....... my interest is definitely piqued! As Arnold is wont to say....... I'll be back.

First off the gun has a pined barrel on it so its older then 1982 and not a gun sold in 1987 new. Second the light bead blast finish that they put on the model 28 highway patrolman was a semi gloss finish and not a dull bead blast finish like on modern guns. You should have the original box so just look at the product code on the sticker and google it.

Which he may not have kept. In retrospect, it's a who cares - the revolver in question is beautiful.
@Pierre, thank you for sharing your tale.
Many, many moons ago, I was visiting a friend in Missoula when I saw an ad for a CZ75 in 40S&W. I contacted the seller, he said he was in Arlee. Drove up, turned out to be the sheriff.
Took a look, smiled, and handed him his asking price. Then asked, is there somewhere we can go to make this legal? He says, "son, this is Montana. If you're going to shoot that, please go outside of town, on the other side of the highway there."
My kinda place. :)

LOL! I missed this one yesterday! Funny and classic response from a Montana Sheriff! We have a truly great one here in Flathead County. I met him when he was a rookie officer and watched him progress right up to being Sheriff.

Ok, Gents. KKG, a member of the S&W Historical Society has the required photos and info for research. I'm sure he'll post the results here.
Are you waiting with baited breath? Go fishing! LOL

P

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews