JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Riddle me this.

Was loading tonight and my eye caught a speck of color in the powder. Closer examination shows 2 granules stuck together that are very different color.

Of course this is not normal, but my question is if the container is bad?

Im roughly halfway thru the container, haven't seen anything or had any pressure issues. Probably just random and ignore?

H4350

1683175417286.png

1683175463253.png

Oxidized for sure. Pickem out and put them in your houseplant. Don't want to leave them to be a catalyst. Or use... A few .05 grains don't matter.

Oxidized for sure. Pickem out and put them in your houseplant. Don't want to leave them to be a catalyst. Or use... A few .05 grains don't matter.
I picked them out, Its not a storage issue ?
I keep the containers sealed and stored in my garage. This stuff is new as of January....

I picked them out, Its not a storage issue ?
I keep the containers sealed and stored in my garage. This stuff is new as of January....
The thing to keep in mind is that powders are made,packed,repacked,repackage again and than repacked again in commercial 1, 4 and 8lb bottles.
From what I've noticed is that the miss color can also be from the beginning or end of a powder batch run. You shouldn't notice any difference in usage unless you have a couple gains worth of it in a single charge, a few pellets won't make a difference.
I use H4350 as well for my 300WM and I've had a few pellets discolored but not enough to impact my load. If you start seeing several grains worth in a new bottle than that be of wroth contacting Hodgdon about it.
So have to ask as well, is the garage climate controlled? If not that could have an effect depending on how there stored, opened or not.

A ok to go. Oxidation happens and this stuff is packed with oxygen so…

1683184935902.png

Riddle me this.

Was loading tonight and my eye caught a speck of color in the powder. Closer examination shows 2 granules stuck together that are very different color.

Of course this is not normal, but my question is if the container is bad?

Im roughly halfway thru the container, haven't seen anything or had any pressure issues. Probably just random and ignore?

H4350

View attachment 1416334

View attachment 1416335
Golden Ticket granules, now you and Uncle Charlie get to tour the powder plant.

So have to ask as well, is the garage climate controlled? If not that could have an effect depending on how there stored, opened or not.
Small 1car but finished (insulated). Not otherwise controlled beyond a space heater when i reload in winter....

Taggants?

Awwwww.......Come On Man.
Impossible, he probably bought the powder before I became President.

Is that you Brandon?

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top