JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, crap.

Though we never met, we did share similar viewpoints and I enjoyed hanging with him here. I genuinely liked the Sarge and I can't say that about too many humans.
Though not on this plane anymore, he did cut a wide swath on this world and touched many in a positive way, and so will live on in those who were fortunate enough to know him.

Shall be missed.

Aweful news; he will truly be missed.

Steve was an honorable and dignified man.

My hope is that appreciation for the blessing of his brotherhood, his mentorship, his examples, and his friendship, will someday overshaddow the grief of our loss.

SYOTOS

I have a rendezvous with Death
At some disputed barricade,
When Spring comes back with rustling shade
And apple-blossoms fill the air—
When Spring brings back blue days and fair.

It may be he shall take my hand
And lead me into his dark land
And close my eyes and quench my breath—
It may be I shall pass him still.
On some scarred slope of battered hill,
When Spring comes round again this year
And the first meadow-flowers appear.

God knows 'twere better to be deep
Pillowed in silk and scented down,
Where love throbs out in blissful sleep,
Pulse nigh to pulse, and breath to breath,
Where hushed awakenings are dear...
But I've a rendezvous with Death
At midnight in some flaming town,
When Spring trips north again this year,
And I to my pledged word am true,
I shall not fail that rendezvous.

Alan Seeger, 1916

Is there a button to like all posts to this thread?

I don't want to read them all but I know they're all tops. Testament to what a great dude he was. He will not be forgotten anytime soon.

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his loved ones receive the consolation of Your Spirit in this, their time of sorrow. Amen.

I was doing so well until I saw Steve holding the twins. I knew he had a damn good reason to hold on as long as he did. Bless you.
RIP my brother, may we all have your courage when we are faced with inconceivable odds.
:s0042::s0042::s0042::s0042::s0042:

I'm shocked, saddened and stunned. There's a hole in each of our lives now due to Steve's passing. I was honored to be able to meet him, to converse with him and to have the honor to stand in the gap on his behalf.

Father is merciful and just in His timing, calling His servents Home once their work is completed. He blessed Steve with the opportunity to hold his grand babies and to leave behind a legacy for them.

Now Steve has been called home by Father, so sit at the table. Though he will be sadly missed by those he leaves behind, Father now has him in His care. May Fathers blessings be upon Steve's loved ones, bring them peace in their moment of loss. Turning that loss into the celebration of this wonderful life Steve had. May his legacy be passed down to his grand babies and may the Lord strengthen them at this time.

Godspeed Steve, blessing upon your family and friends. May Fathers love and peace abound.

Glory be to God! Amen...

I'm shocked, saddened and stunned. There's a hole in each of our lives now due to Steve's passing. I was honored to be able to meet him, to converse with him and to have the honor to stand in the gap on his behalf.

Father is merciful and just in His timing, calling His servents Home once their work is completed. He blessed Steve with the opportunity to hold his grand babies and to leave behind a legacy for them.

Now Steve has been called home by Father, so sit at the table. Though he will be sadly missed by those he leaves behind, Father now has him in His care. May Fathers blessings be upon Steve's loved ones, bring them peace in their moment of loss. Turning that loss into the celebration of this wonderful life Steve had. May his legacy be passed down to his grand babies and may the Lord strengthen them at this time.

Godspeed Steve, blessing upon your family and friends. May Fathers love and peace abound.

Glory be to God! Amen...

Affirming that praise To God's glory and may Steve bask in the glow of the resurrected Christ.

To God be the everlasting praise and glory for all eternity!

We need a Memorial Thread. There have been a few prominent members that left us far too soon over the last few years or so. SgtNambu, and another member that passed recently, suddenly of a heart attack. Then there was a member, from Idaho or Utah I think, that was very active on the site that passed a few years ago. And what ever happened to Knucklehead?

It would be nice if there was a place here that honors those lost, our brothers-in-arms.

I think I will go watch my grandson play T-Ball tomorrow and cherish every minute of it.

Man..... I have no words. I met Steve once and it was enough to leave an impression. He was an amazing guy, and I'm envious of those who had the chance to call him a friend.

Earth may be a lesser place without him, but Heaven just gained another Angel.

Godspeed Brother. Rest in peace.

I pray your family can find some peace.

The forum will not be the same without you.

And that photo of him and the twins almost made me lose it. Thank God he got to meet them.

I'm grateful to have met him. He was as genuine in person as he was big on the forum. It has indeed been an honor to walk this earth with him. My sincerest prayers to his dear family.​

Man..... I have no words. I met Steve once and it was enough to leave an impression. He was an amazing guy, and I'm envious of those who had the chance to call him a friend.

Earth may be a lesser place without him, but Heaven just gained another Angel.

Godspeed Brother. Rest in peace.

I pray your family can find some peace.

The forum will not be the same without you.

And that photo of him and the twins almost made me lose it. Thank God he got to meet them.

It did it for me, I couldn't even see the smilies well enough to find the crybaby (which was me).:s0058::s0058::s0058::s0058: There it is...:(
Tears for a friend is the joy the departed sends back to us.:cool:

The first time I met Steve face to face was in Salem at a rally for gun rights. We stood on the capital steps all day in the cold rain with Taku, @Caveman Jim , and Kirk. Steve was a fighter and quietly fought each day like he fought for our rights that day.

I hope that I somehow make it across the pearly gates so we can bs about knives and guns. Those times will be as good as this day has become very hard.

RIP my friend.

That was quite a trip for me, it was like a road trip of days gone by (without the booze) dropping off, picking up trades & a was bonus to meet you guys and to attend the rally that lesser men stayed home that day. ;)

Last Edited:
@Ura-Ki I know that it could not have been easy to break this news to us. Bless your heart brother!

Thank you Brother, it's been a tough thing!
I'm honored that Steve's friendship with me has carried over to the family who have entrusted me ( and @Caveman Jim ) with sharing this sad news, and to keep you informed of his memorial as the details are set! :(:(:( the wife and I are still in shock and disbelief, we thought he had beaten this, but the good Lord has called him home! God needs another good Sargent to keep heaven working properly, he has one in SgtNambu!:)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top