JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Steve was a hell of a guy and I am overwhelmed with sadness that this is how he left this world, but glad I was honored to have met him and shared conversations on this site with him. He was a core member for sure.

Thank-You, for the gift of friendship Steve and prayers to your family and friends to get them thru a hard time.

You will never be forgotten.

It is my sorrowful duty to pass on the news that our good friend SgtNambu has lost his battle with cancer and has passed away! Steve was a good friend to many here, we have shared many laughs and always enjoyed Steve's sense of humor, and wisdom, he will be missed greatly!
I knew Steve personally, he was a wonderful friend who was always kind and generous with his time, his sense of giving, and his infectious laugh, if you didn't leave with a smile on your face, something was wrong. Steve had been facing this battle for almost a year, yet he had the strength and courage to share his journey with all of us, and we in turn shared hope and prayers with him, something he was very proud of and would share all that with any who would listen, it couldn't have been an easy thing for him to open up about his battle, but he did! There is such a feeling of family here on NWFA, and we all will be feeling sad at the loss of such a friend. This family has lost one of its greats, and I am deeply saddened by his passing, but I know that SgtNambu is standing before our Lord and will soon pass through the gates of Heaven!

God Speed my friend, death isn't the end, only the beginning of the next journey!
Amen

Final details of arrangements for Steve will follow!

So the thread was started in July. He said he had Grandkids coming in 7 months. He lived to see em right!?

Here they are

A7E45BC4-4D6F-437E-BD27-516CE277DA37.jpeg

There are no words that can convey the major loss of a dear person, friend and mentor. He is one of the most humble, honest and loving people I have ever met!

NWFA will not be the same with out his humor. RIP sarge you will be deeply missed!! :(

I believe that he was prepared to meet Jesus. This is all that matters. Our time on earth is transient at most. How we love our God and one another is what gives our life meaning.

Even now, I raise my eyes to the heavens and praise God For His gift of men like Steve. His pain is over and he awaits the resurrection.

PRAISE GOD IN ALL THINGS!

Sarge was too squared away not to have his house in order. We sorrow but not as those that have no hope. Until that day, mon Capitan.

I hope that if I ever have to fight the battle that he did over the last year that I could do it with the same courage and fortitude (and humor) that he did. NWFA is a lesser place without him.
RIP Sarge and you will be missed.

Although I didn't know Steve that long he and I shared at least one thing in common, we both were battling cancer. We traded "horror stories" and a few laughs thru PM about our experiences. I feel fortunate enough to have met him at the February get together and honored that he thought enough of me to suggest that I would benefit from the rifle was being built and that members generously donated parts, money and time to build.

He had to see them and hold them. This was his gift.

I've posted this before but I think when it's my time to go someone might read this for me.

Fear no more the heat o' the sun,
Nor the furious winter's rages;
Thou thy worldly task hast done,
Home art gone, and ta'en thy wages:
Golden lads and girls all must,
As chimney-sweepers, come to dust.

Fear no more the frown o' the great;
Thou art past the tyrant's stroke;
Care no more to clothe and eat;
To thee the reed is as the oak:
The scepter, learning, physic, must
All follow this, and come to dust.

Fear no more the lightning flash,
Nor the all-dreaded thunder stone;
Fear not slander, censure rash;
Thou hast finished joy and moan:
All lovers young, all lovers must
Consign to thee, and come to dust.

No exorciser harm thee!
Nor no witchcraft charm thee!
Ghost unlaid forbear thee!
Nothing ill come near thee!
Quiet consummation have;
And renownèd be thy grave!

I will miss you Sarge.

The first time I met Steve face to face was in Salem at a rally for gun rights. We stood on the capital steps all day in the cold rain with Taku, @Caveman Jim , and Kirk. Steve was a fighter and quietly fought each day like he fought for our rights that day.

I hope that I somehow make it across the pearly gates so we can bs about knives and guns. Those times will be as good as this day has become very hard.

RIP my friend.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads