JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Stap me if I'm being dumb here, but remember that over here in UK suppressors are not only legal, but often required in some locations, and they are pretty much old news here. But I've NEVER seen ANY kind of rifle that has a suppressor fitted OVER the flash hider.

They ALL screw directly onto a BARE muzzle.

It makes this whole exercise pretty dumb to me. :cool:

tac

Stap me if I'm being dumb here, but remember that over here in UK suppressors are not only legal, but often required in some locations, and they are pretty much old news here. But I've NEVER seen ANY kind of rifle that has a suppressor fitted OVER the flash hider.

They ALL screw directly onto a BARE muzzle.

It makes this whole exercise pretty dumb to me. :cool:

tac

Are flash suppressors legal over there?

Are flash suppressors legal over there?

My 1986 Krico 650S has one, and so do many other guns, and I've never heard anything to the contrary. All they do is to, uh, suppress the flash. 'snot like they are going to make a gun quieter, like a suppressor does.

upload_2017-9-25_16-44-51.png

It looks spiffy, but does bugger-all, as far as I can detect. It's also a RPITA to clean, especially after shooting reloads with N140.

tac

A muzzle brake has been found to lessen the erosion of the first baffle cone inside of a suppressor, as compared to just a flash hider.

That was a cool video, I love seeing how stuff like that works in such detail. His videos really are fun. If you haven't seen them, check out the various videos he's done on Prince Rupert's drops.

My 1986 Krico 650S has one, and so do many other guns, and I've never heard anything to the contrary. All they do is to, uh, suppress the flash. 'snot like they are going to make a gun quieter, like a suppressor does.

View attachment 393464

It looks spiffy, but does bugger-all, as far as I can detect. It's also a RPITA to clean, especially after shooting reloads with N140.

tac

Basically what they did was just put threads on a flash suppressor so you don't have to take the flash hider off to put your suppressor off you don't save time. I like the idea.;)

The flash suppressor is enough of a RPITA to clean when it's NOT enclosed, so all that 'time' saved by by not taking it off is taken up gouging the crud off it afterwards....

Especially the way you guys over there run through a thousand rounds or so in a session with your semi-autos.........

tac

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads