JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off, thanks for any advise you can give. I did a bunch of searching before asking and could not find the answer to my problem. I am not new to building AR's, but have not built any in 9mm or any pistol caliber before. I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on my first one, because I am not sure I will even like them (never shot one). My plan is to build a 9mm lower using a TorkMag G-Block and then just buy a cheap complete 9mm upper with a Glock feed ramp. PSA has them on sale right now for like $250, but PSA says you must use their lowers. Is this really true or do they just want you to buy their lowers? If it is true, then where can I buy a complete 9mm upper with BCG for under $300 or so. I know BCA also has their line of 9mm that they just released not long ago, but again will those feed with a G-block assembled lower or even fire. I know that there is always a chance of feeding problems. That's not a problem, I just don't want a lower and upper that straight out don't work together. I know the other things needed like heavy buffer, springs, etc.. Thanks again!

If you read the PSA reviews from their product pages for lowers, several buyer/owners mated other 3rd party uppers to their PSA lowers.

Thank you! I went through and read as many reviews as I could find. I did find some information that seemed helpful. Looks like most of the lowers and upper work well together.

The billet AR9 glock lowers will work with other uppers.
I bought the stripped AR9 lower and built up a phase 5 stripped upper into a pistol setup and it worked awesome. I actually have it posted for sale since i converted my ar9 to 16" carbine.

WTS/WTT WA - AR9 upper/AR pistol brace parts

I saw your ad. It's tempting for that price. If it had the BCG I would have jumped on it. I think the real question is will the TorkMag G-Block work and function well. I am going to try some youtube for the TorkMag and see what others are saying.

I have dedicated Colt mag lowers, Lowers with mag blocks and several brands of Glock mag lowers.... All work just fine and I really prefer the Colt SMG mag (but mostly because I can then swap mags between my AR9's and Tavor while futzing around ) But the Glock guns run fine too. I even have a lower that takes M&P mags since I don't carry a Glock pistol.

The PSA Hybrid upper will run just fine on any lower that will feed 9MM (or at least that has been my experience)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top