JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
First off, thanks for any advise you can give. I did a bunch of searching before asking and could not find the answer to my problem. I am not new to building AR's, but have not built any in 9mm or any pistol caliber before. I don't want to spend a bunch of cash on my first one, because I am not sure I will even like them (never shot one). My plan is to build a 9mm lower using a TorkMag G-Block and then just buy a cheap complete 9mm upper with a Glock feed ramp. PSA has them on sale right now for like $250, but PSA says you must use their lowers. Is this really true or do they just want you to buy their lowers? If it is true, then where can I buy a complete 9mm upper with BCG for under $300 or so. I know BCA also has their line of 9mm that they just released not long ago, but again will those feed with a G-block assembled lower or even fire. I know that there is always a chance of feeding problems. That's not a problem, I just don't want a lower and upper that straight out don't work together. I know the other things needed like heavy buffer, springs, etc.. Thanks again!

If you read the PSA reviews from their product pages for lowers, several buyer/owners mated other 3rd party uppers to their PSA lowers.

Thank you! I went through and read as many reviews as I could find. I did find some information that seemed helpful. Looks like most of the lowers and upper work well together.

The billet AR9 glock lowers will work with other uppers.
I bought the stripped AR9 lower and built up a phase 5 stripped upper into a pistol setup and it worked awesome. I actually have it posted for sale since i converted my ar9 to 16" carbine.

WTS/WTT WA - AR9 upper/AR pistol brace parts

I saw your ad. It's tempting for that price. If it had the BCG I would have jumped on it. I think the real question is will the TorkMag G-Block work and function well. I am going to try some youtube for the TorkMag and see what others are saying.

I have dedicated Colt mag lowers, Lowers with mag blocks and several brands of Glock mag lowers.... All work just fine and I really prefer the Colt SMG mag (but mostly because I can then swap mags between my AR9's and Tavor while futzing around ) But the Glock guns run fine too. I even have a lower that takes M&P mags since I don't carry a Glock pistol.

The PSA Hybrid upper will run just fine on any lower that will feed 9MM (or at least that has been my experience)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top