Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

83 US statistics from 2013 about the state of America and it's people

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by erudne, Dec 17, 2013.

1. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

83 Numbers From 2013 That Are Almost Too Crazy To Believe

#80 Violent crime in the United States was up 15 percent last year.

#79 53 percent of all Americans do not have a 3 day supply of nonperishable food and water in their homes.

#76 At this point, the U.S. already has more government debt per capita than Greece, Portugal, Italy, Ireland or Spain.

#41 At this moment, there are 6 million Americans in the 16 to 24-year-old age group that are neither in school or working.

2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Wow! All bad! #75 really pizzed me off!!! Thanks erudne!

Taku, Caveman Jim, Dunerunner and 3 others like this.
  3. knuckle Head

knuckle Head southeast Well-Known Member

We are fast becoming what people in other countries think we are.

Fat, dumb, lazy and ran by a bunch selfish self indulged scum bags

4. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Dunerunner and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Dunerunner

Dunerunner You'll Never Know Well-Known Member

It will take some work, but Americans can turn this around starting with the mid-term elections!!

6. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

Frankly, I don't buy all the hype. I work my tookis off on a daily basis, if someone else who I don't know thinks I'm lazy, selfish, indulgent scum, there is really precious little I can do to convince them otherwise, as I'm too busy working. Even then, I don't care what other people think, they really don't do it very often.

At the same time, that kind of negativity and the selection bias a lot of "preppers" and collapse fanatics engage in really isn't all that helpful. There are tons of people out there who want to do something yet are ignorant of what they actually can do, or all the tasks given to them are complex and beyond their ability. You can either go with the masses, against the masses, or somewhere the else, whichever you choose, putting one foot in front of the other is more important than the choice you make.

That said:

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damn lies and statistics"
    -Benjamin Desreali

7. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Yeah we have to do it this time.

As for that list, I just thought it would be easier to have here instead of bouncing back to the link to see what folks referred to.
    It is interesting.

8. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Let's adjust those numbers for inflation and see how it really turns out.
    If someone works 40 the value if a dollar is not even remotely what it was back then.

The real travesty is that the private Federal Reserve in collusion with the federal government is purposely creating inflation. The Federal Reserve even has a target inflationary rate that they try to achieve.
    In plain a simple language what they are doing is counterfeiting and screwing all the holders of dollars and dollar denominated assets.
    Even if you are able to take your federal reserve note (fake US Dollars) and invest them in something that keeps pace with inflation the federal government and in most of the US also the state government will expect you to pay capital gains takes on the difference between what you sell the asset for and what you have paid for it, where in real term you have made absolutely nothing.
    It is another form of taxation and a really disgusting one.

9. Grunwald

Grunwald Out of that nut job colony of Seattle, WA Well-Known Member

Yet most of these geniuses will vote the same politicians back into office.