JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not THEIR feelings I'm concerned about, but the p*ssweasels in the local Prosecutor's Office. Let me ask you one question: how far do YOU trust Mark Roe, Dan Satterberg, Mark Lindquist or Jon Tunheim not to string any or all of us here up by any hook-or-crook means available if given the chance?

Caveman Jim knows the rules of engagement quite well. He is not going to go sniper on a trespasser. The sign merely establishes that is where a crazy old man lives like the rest of us. Proceed at your own risk. Come into his / my house / shop while he / I am there it is a different story.

Caveman Jim knows the rules of engagement quite well. He is not going to go sniper on a trespasser. The sign merely establishes that is where a crazy old man lives like the rest of us. Proceed at your own risk. Come into his / my house / shop while he / I am there it is a different story.
You know that and I know that :) --I'm just saying prosecutors are known to twist things entirely out of context and present a benign warning as a malicious threat.

Lawyers Suck, 'nuff said. :(

I have a sign that says "Never mind the dog, beware of owner" with a picture of the business end of a revolver. Just haven't put it on the door of the shop yet.

Believe it or not there are animal rights nut jobs out there that think that all animals should have the same rights as humans and that killing an animal is the same as murder. In this case I would say honestly they are not that far off. I think this sort of crime should warrant about half the sentence of a murder charge say 10 years in prison?

I have zero tolerance for this kind of crap. As far as I'm concerned they should all be shot because they will most likely do it again in the future.

Our land is posted. I very seldom hunt it myself. I do my best to manage the critters here so that they thrive and are here if my family ever truly needs them. Everyone in this area knows that I'm the kind of guy to help most anyone I can, has a dozer and loves guns, builds guns, shoots guns and will use guns on anyone found on this ground period. That's just the way it is. The local sheriff shares coffee and talks guns with us. I have no trespass issues here..

The 4 landowner kills is a normal year. This is a very sustainable herd. Elk can wreck havoc on winter wheat fields, and these new hazelnut trees. They haze them off, but you have to be careful hazing elk, because the entire herd will stampede and wipe out your entire field. They try and keep them on the west side of that road and it is all good. But this and several other herds right on the edge of farm ground love the grass and wheat fields.

The way I heard it was the 3 illegal kills were animals that had been hazed off another property by trespassing hunters who moved them to a field where they killed them. While killing them in the field itself was not illegal, the hazing and trespass was and therefore the kills themselves became illegal at that point in time. There were likely more people involved in the hazing and that is still under investigation from what I understand. I want to find out more if firearms / vehicles were seized before I post that. I would expect a press release tomorrow or Monday by OSP.
That is a better explanation than the tone of the first posting. So, it sounds like removing them from the heard wasn't the problem (it was a legal hunting season) it is the way it was done. Sort of like a process crime.

Last Edited:
I hope they LOOSE everything and get a hell of a fine, people like this make all hunters look bad , I hate poachers and would turn em in in a minute if I seen one .let's hope they get the book thrown at them !!!!!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top