JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I routinely find evidence of such trespass; signs shot or torn down, brush/trees trampled, garbage dumped, food packages littered about, clothing articles left behind, spent shell casings, pics of various jackasses caught on game cams, etc. :mad:
This is why when I dream of owning acreage, the first thing that goes up even BEFORE any housebuilding is a full perimeter fence built to stand up to a p*ssed-off tyrannosaur... :( And not just multiple cameras, but an alert system that cues me of any intrusion and gets both perps and vehicles on camera for forwarding to LE.

People suck.

We watch the road "hunters" on the pavement from our land; glassing private property; near houses and outbuildings.

There is definitely a lack of morality in the field when so many people are being caught; stopping at almost nothing to kill that elk.

My back door.

Two devastating injuries came here: The first is that of reputation of hunting.

The second is to the herd. "Healthy". Yes. BEFORE the shooting. 3 Branches killed, 4 spikes. By close-hand account, the rest of the herd scattered, cows and calves taking refuge near the dairy farm shelter nearby. Bologists will easily inform us (if we don't already know), that this removal will detrimentally affect this herd for at least 10 years.

Put a penalty on that.

My back door.

Two devastating injuries came here: The first is that of reputation of hunting.

The second is to the herd. "Healthy". Yes. BEFORE the shooting. 3 Branches killed, 4 spikes. By close-hand account, the rest of the herd scattered, cows and calves taking refuge near the dairy farm shelter nearby. Bologists will easily inform us (if we don't already know), that this removal will detrimentally affect this herd for at least 10 years.

Put a penalty on that.

Like the kid that lit up the Gorge, you really can't. It's done, it's over, you can't get it back.

Unlike the gorge, these aren't kids and all should face some serious restitution.

I wonder how much it would cost to relocate a few bulls?

The other thing that pizzes me off - these "hunters" are the epitome of laziness. My bro lives less than four miles away off Thatcher.
Imagine: Wake up Sunday, go to the Starbucks on Pacific, grab a donut or two at Safeway, head out 5 miles, trespass, kill an elk. Done by 9.
grrrr. :mad:

The thing I love most about hunting is getting out into the wilderness.

The other thing that pizzes me off - these "hunters" are the epitome of laziness. My bro lives less than four miles away off Thatcher.
Imagine: Wake up Sunday, go to the Starbucks on Pacific, grab a donut or two at Safeway, head out 5 miles, trespass, kill an elk. Done by 9.

The thing I love most about hunting is getting out into the wilderness.

They did not even have to go 3 miles out of town on this one. My daughter takes that road every day taking the kids to school and they see the herd almost every day this time of year. The kids love seeing the big bulls and guessing where they will see them. I did not know they were all bulls taken yesterday, that is a huge loss.

Pardon the rant: This crap burns me up. Both the poaching and trespassing. We own/live on rural acreage. I have no problem with people hunting on said if they get permission and I'm reasonably sure they'll be safe and obey the law. I have a big f-ing problem with people coming on said without permission and fricking up the place. I routinely find evidence of such trespass; signs shot or torn down, brush/trees trampled, garbage dumped, food packages littered about, clothing articles left behind, spent shell casings, pics of various jackasses caught on game cams, etc. :mad:

I see it too - fortunately most of it is out on the public road, and fortunately most hunting here is locals. I am just close enough in that most people don't think to hunt here.

Also fortunate to live on a private road so my land is surrounded by private property and abuts no public road - I have seen no trespassers yet. Just the same, someone did drive to the end of the private road and dump sacks of garbage on his property.

They were caught red handed since the location is pretty close to town and there is a lot of LEO in the area. The direct perps were caught but I think there is more to come yet.
Good work, CR57 !
This is another "pasture ambush" that the local road hunters are known to do on each side of the coast range.
Watch 'em all summer long and then gun 'em in the pasture in between the cows and homesteads.
Sounds like they picked the wrong pasture.

The other thing that pizzes me off - these "hunters" are the epitome of laziness.

That's not "hunting".

I realize there are necessary damage control hunts, I've applied for one or two, never successful, but I also never considered it as "hunting". Just a meat harvest. Sheesh much more work than going to the store!!!

Addendum to my prior, I'd be tempted to post "DANGER: Rifle Range" signs around the entire perimeter. If you trespass on an area where you're clearly warned that lead may be flying...

I suspect it's as simple as these a**sholes just get off on pooping in everybody else's Cocoa Puffs.

Addendum to my prior, I'd be tempted to post "DANGER: Rifle Range" signs around the entire perimeter. If you trespass on an area where you're clearly warned that lead may be flying...

I suspect it's as simple as these a**sholes just get off on pooping in everybody else's Cocoa Puffs.

Like my signs?
IMG_5012.jpg

I like it, but would never put something so aggressively worded up. More "Trespass At Own Risk" might be viable, or "DANGER - Rifle Range - No Trespassing - SURVIVORS Will Be Prosecuted"

I am not worried about hurting said trespassers feelings, it gives them the option to cease and desist or to continue with their lawless actions. I will deal with the latter.

I am not worried about hurting said trespassers feelings, it gives them the option to cease and desist or to continue with their lawless actions. I will deal with the latter.
It's not THEIR feelings I'm concerned about, but the p*ssweasels in the local Prosecutor's Office. Let me ask you one question: how far do YOU trust Mark Roe, Dan Satterberg, Mark Lindquist or Jon Tunheim not to string any or all of us here up by any hook-or-crook means available if given the chance?

It's not THEIR feelings I'm concerned about, but the p*ssweasels in the local Prosecutor's Office. Let me ask you one question: how far do YOU trust Mark Roe, Dan Satterberg, Mark Lindquist or Jon Tunheim not to string any or all of us here up by any hook-or-crook means available if given the chance?

I don't trust anyone who wears a suit and draws a GOV paycheck but am not worried about a trivial sign.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top