JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A proper fitting and styled holster , along with a sturdy gun belt , goes a long way with ease of carrying handguns.
That said...you will go through a lot of holsters and belts , till you find the combination that works for you.
Andy

That's been my experience with all handguns! Can't tell you how many holsters I've bought and sold over the years...

It sounds like one of your 6 inchers is a GP 100, so what is the other and which do you THINK you would sell?

(Still kicking around the idea of a 6" .357!)

1984 Ruger Security Six, Blue, 6" barrel. VERY good condition for it's age (some indication of carry but very little drag line on cylinder). I was thinking of selling this one, but then started thinking about selling the 1991 Ruger GP100, Stainless Steel, 6" full lug barrel.

Carrying isn't the problem, sitting is.
Exactly. I could carry a 6" .357 or .44 in a slide holster but not a traditional holster because the slide put the cylinder at belt level. So with jeans that put the belt at my actual waist (not below), the gun not only conformed to my female shape, but rode high enough so that I could sit. Not so with low riding jeans. Also not so with traditional holsters that carry the gun below the belt. Also not so with a 7 1/2" Redhawk.

I have one and wanted to hear from other owners if I'm crazy to get rid of mine. So far I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, with a few maybes.
It all boils down to ones' shooting interests and environment.

I have only owned one 6" .357 (many 4") but there are times when a 6" would be something I would like to shoot purely 'sportingly' and with the the right holster I would carry regularly while hiking, etc.

All of my shooting takes place in the woods so carry is a partial issue, but offhand target shooting, along with chasing jack rabbits might very well be a something a 6" gun could result in becoming a new 'favorite' of mine!

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews