JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am seriously considering buying a 400 corbon barrel for my budget ATI GI full size 1911.

This is the model I have:

Here is a link to the barrel:

I will also need to purchase a link and a pin. Any advice on how to select and install links and pins? I am hoping the factory bushing will suffice.

I have never done any work to a 1911 before.

Well, having recently set myself up to fit 1911 barrels....I think it sounds like getting in way over your head.
If yer courageous and determined, I would suggest Knowing what I Learned. Understand that I have quite a bit of experience in making parts and repairing.
I had not done barrel work on a 1911 until this year.
So....read. The Kuhnhausen books have great info!
Learn, and actually KNOW how the barell/link system is SUPPOSED to work.
Jump in with both feet, have FUN, do yer best.
Good luck!

Joe

I dunno. I wanted the same barrel cuz I like oddball cartridges. Fitting the barrel is fitting the barrel.
It's the chamber I'd be more interested in! Similar to reloading for 357 Sig, you hafta headspace right (hint: it is NOT the case mouth).
Getting it to run might be just recoil springing, but getting into mainsprings and hammer ramp angles would be fun!

Joe

When I did a 400 conversion I got a drop in barrel that had its link already attached. And it was a true drop in. It's been a few years , it may have also come with a recoil spring. I reload and was able to tune the ammo to the gun. At the time I also had several 40 cal guns so I had lots of bullets.
Now I'm shooting mostly 45, so the 400 has mostly gotten shelved.
Good Luck DR

When I did a 400 conversion I got a drop in barrel that had its link already attached. And it was a true drop in. It's been a few years , it may have also come with a recoil spring. I reload and was able to tune the ammo to the gun. At the time I also had several 40 cal guns so I had lots of bullets.
Now I'm shooting mostly 45, so the 400 has mostly gotten shelved.
Good Luck DR

Sell him the 400 already.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top