JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I picked up some of Berry's double end wad cutters for my 357 mag loads. But I can't seem to find OAL info for them. So what do I set it at? Any help would be appreciated.

I'd seat them such that a slight/normal crimp will follow the profile/radius of the bullet. The bullet will be flush or slightly sub-flush in this case..
If they're super powderpuff, you don't have to crimp at all and then have more flexibility as to length.

Berry's website says 1.590 which is what I seat my normal 357s at I always thought they would be more flush
I hear you. I wouldn't bother with a measuring stick if you're going to "crimp" those.. there's no need to as seating depth is self explanatory in this case

I'll try it out this weekend
IMG_20170328_124330529.jpg

Here's how .38 wadcutters are generally seated, especially if there is no crimp groove.. if there is, the goove is usually about 1/16" below the face of the bullet.

maxresdefault.jpg

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews