JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I reload 9mm and 45 ACP for pistol and use Bullseye. I like it. I can usually find it. The loads are all more accurate than I am. I think it's a little dirty but it is reliable and easy to find.

For rifles I use H4895 for 223 and 204. I love it and get <.25" groups regularly.

For my 6mmbr I use varget and it is consistently 1/2 MOA or better.

A load of friends use H4350 for targets and even bench rest

Good luck and try a bunch

I understand you guys don't liking the old men that are just getting into reloading
We are probably who's making you overpay for components
I've got the best tip ever, to help you figure out what powders will be suitable for you needs.

First get TWO loading books. And a third source is the Hodgdon Reloading Data Center:

And then, a MUST, on every ones loading area is a powder burn rate chart:
1700415435296.png

1700415487338.png

Keep a couple of different ones handy. If you can't find the powder on the shelves you want to try, a powder with a similar burn rate will likely have data out there somewhere.

Hello folk I'm new to the group & brand new to reloading . 99% of my bullets are shot at steel or paper. I am looking for a versatile powder that I can the most calibers with in pistol I shoot 9mm, 38 special, 357 Mag, 44 special, and 44 Mag

In rifle I shoot 223 cal both at and bolt guns
5.56. 222 rem bolt, 243 , 6mm arc, 270, 270 WSM , 308, 300 Win mag & 300 WSM

I shoot the pistols pretty often , The small caliber rifles warm up pretty good when the coyotes start moving anything above the 6mm only dispatch 5 - 6 rounds a year if that

I've bought and read several manuals I've bough several pounds of Tite group, W231,
H- 110 and a few more

I have pulled a handle on a press yet but I'm dang close
Thanks in advance
It's that 1% of your bullets NOT fired at steel or paper that I'm wondering about…..

:eek:

:s0112:

No problem, if you've got specific or even general questions just ask, there is a lot of knowledge here. Some times you will have to separate wheat from the chafe so to speak but that's kind of anywhere now days.
Yes sir , there are people out there that make you feel like you ask them to change the time
On your coffee pot

Thanks again
Jerry
For my own needs, I can pare it down to Unique for pistol and 4895 for rifle in the military rounds I shoot.. there ARE others but I COULD get by if necessary with those two.

Nice I'm trying to get down to a few powders and then get several lbs of available

Thanks again

If you just want one pistol powder, try Unique. Great recommendations from members above. Different rifles require different powders. Study your manuals. Work loads up from minimums. Shoot more.
So, is Montana where the Unique Powder went? Because I haven't seen Unique anywhere for several years! Not a Unique guy myself. Tried it at first, didn't care for it in rounds that could utilize W231/HP-38. Kinda dirty and the flakes are crunchy in the powder thrower.

Hello folk I'm new to the group & brand new to reloading . 99% of my bullets are shot at steel or paper. I am looking for a versatile powder that I can the most calibers with in pistol I shoot 9mm, 38 special, 357 Mag, 44 special, and 44 Mag

In rifle I shoot 223 cal both at and bolt guns
5.56. 222 rem bolt, 243 , 6mm arc, 270, 270 WSM , 308, 300 Win mag & 300 WSM

I shoot the pistols pretty often , The small caliber rifles warm up pretty good when the coyotes start moving anything above the 6mm only dispatch 5 - 6 rounds a year if that

I've bought and read several manuals I've bough several pounds of Tite group, W231,
H- 110 and a few more

I have pulled a handle on a press yet but I'm dang close
Thanks in advance
It sounds like your a hunter. You could find one powder for all your calibers and if your a fast learner can probably get decent hunting accuracy from it but the trade off would probably be sub par velocity in some or most of the hunting calibers, especially the larger ones Im guess are for big game like deer or elk where terminal velocity is more important. In your rifle caliber selection it would be worth at least considering two poweder choices to stock one more ideal for smaller lighter calibers and one ideal for larger magnum calibers.

It's that 1% of your bullets NOT fired at steel or paper that I'm wondering about…..

:eek:

Yes sir I shoot my 9's the most and try to shoot every day and get the other hand guns out a few weekends a month
I go coyote hunting as Much as I can but hunt with a good sized group so if I shoot 10 or 15 dogs I'm pretty lucky
When I deer hunt it is a meat hunt so I rarely go more than a couple sets , So I'm guessing but would guess 1% hoping to change that we are talking about a prairie dog hunt next May

Thanks Jerry

It sounds like your a hunter. You could find one powder for all your calibers and if your a fast learner can probably get decent hunting accuracy from it but the trade off would probably be sub par velocity in some or most of the hunting calibers, especially the larger ones Im guess are for big game like deer or elk where terminal velocity is more important. In your rifle caliber selection it would be worth at least considering two poweder choices to stock one more ideal for smaller lighter calibers and one ideal for larger magnum calibers.
Thank you Sir, You make great sense to me

You need to buy one pound batches of numerous powders and then figure out what your guns shoot best with. If you're willing to accept the potential for mediocre accuracy from most or all of your firearms then picking one powder for long guns and one for handguns is your path forward.

Hey @Nosferatu !?
Where did you find your 777? Did they have that at Machine Guns?
That is a great idea, I just want to stock as few as possible. I'm sure I'll end up with quite a few but just saying I'd rather have a few 8lb jugs than 6 or 7 different powders

My own favorites for handguns is Tite Group or Unique. I can make a god shooting load for any handgun from them. I get more specialized for rifle ammo. [ they operate at very different speeds]. DR

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top