JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it's the same stuff Cascade made in the 1990s then they are light target loads, but be forewarned that whatever powder they were using tends to leave the gun very VERY dirty after shooting.

If you're just punching paper, why not try a lighter bullet. :s0092:
I already got a box of the stuff picked up up for cheap. I have an old wheel gun, , a 1904 Colt DA, that will shoot 38 spl, and want to keep the loads light.

Company closed back in 2002. I have a box, but have no specs on it. I need something softer shooting.

White box, blue label.
Have you tried unloading one of the rounds and measuring the amount of powder contained therein?
Regardless of what powder was used, if its only in the range of 2 or 3 grains, that's a classic target load.
If it's closer to 3.5-4.5 grains, then it's probably in the range of a "standard velocity" round.
Any more than that, you're entering The +P Zone.
In a very general sense, it would give you some idea of what you're dealing with, anyway.

They closed in 2002. I got a box gifted to me, but not sure of the specs, and I have a Colt 1892 I want to use them in.
In that case, if its such a concern, I would unload all those rounds and reload for mild "target" specs.
That way you'd be SURE of what you're shooting in that gun.

In that case, if its such a concern, I would unload all those rounds and reload for mild "target" specs.
That way you'd be SURE of what you're shooting in that gun.
which is what I will likely do, but I asked first, in case someone knew.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top