JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@ CavVet.
Hmmmm. Perhaps, what you Army pukes don't realize, is that the senior service, my beloved Navy, did 7.62x51 conversions on tens of thousands of Garands during the 60's and 70's, working out the kinks and determining the best material and tools. These conversions make the (IMHO) Garand logistically usable for another 65 years. I trained with and carried the M14 in a wet humid environment for Uncle, lived through the forced switch to the Mattel mouse gun. To many of my Marines did not. I really like the M14 and is my clear second choice. Another factor I missed is the logistical advantage of the Garand clip over the box magazines. Losing a $1 clip is a lot easier to tolerate than losing a $30 box mag. As well, carrying spare empty clips is lot more doable than carrying spare empty box mags.

garand_clips.jpg

corpsman

Semper Fi

The Garand has advantages and disadvantages. I used to have a totally rebuilt Springfield 30-06 and I would never say it is not a fine war weapon

Blitzkrieg,next time I make the 120 mile journey to the south,I'll take you up on that.
And that will be either when it's sunny enough for the bike or I have something other than the truck that takes $4.20 a gallon waste fuel

And I know to save up and get the better one.Worst thing to do is buy a gun because it's "cheap".Usually is cheap for a reason.

Great info,thanks

How about the Century Arms R1A1? The local shop has one for $1k and I believe I want it for around $800
Gun Broker says $700-1100

What are they actually selling for around these parts?

Yeah I would say $700 or 800. No more than 900 for sure. But it should be perfect for that, and make sure it has dual feed grooves in the reciever below the barrel not a big single groove. The older recievers have the single groove, and many of them work just fine, but pay a lower price for that.

You sound generous.After I posted the question,I went on a hunt and people like the R1A1s for around the $600 range.
I found a lot of info finaly,and the double ramp and more are thing I need to check out.
The Imbus? and the Hesse? receivers?

Seems if I get it at the right price,I can make it a great shooter for a little more.Maybe just finding the right loads for the gun and setting the gas dealy right.

What? Isn't that what it's called?

I'm gunna talk turkey when my AR upper comes in and see what she's into it for.

Are the AR 10s way more accurate like the owners say?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top