JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Is this 'offer' still a thing?

I've not been public shooting since earlier this year, we cleared up several bags of crap, mostly spent hulls etc, but i like this move to help clear things up.

My favorite shooting spot is on public land and its only 30 mins from Portland. It took me a long time to find a spot with over 1000 yds. It also has a nice little handgun area where you can set up your own IDPA stage for practice. The state cop that patrols this area said they will keep it open as long as we keep it clean. Well it was looking really bad so I packed out 5 trash bags and some target backers and there was still more up there. These people that are leaving the mess don't know how good we got it. Where else you going to find 1000 yds on the West side of the Cascades that's open on the weekends?

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite shooting spot is on public land and its only 30 mins from Portland. It took me a long time to find a spot with over 1000 yds. It also has a nice little handgun area where you can set up your own IDPA stage for practice. The state cop that patrols this area said they will keep it open as long as we keep it clean. Well it was looking really bad so I packed out 5 trash bags and some target backers and there was still more up there. These people that are leaving the mess don't know how good we got it. Where else you going to find 1000 yds on the West side of the Cascades that's open on the weekends?
View attachment 72017
Kinda looks like my spot too!

One thing is for damn sure, don't buy those wretched trash bags from the Dollar Store! It takes about three of those to equal ONE decent Hefty bag. I took those along with me last time I went out shooting/trash collecting a couple weeks ago and they were worthless. I managed to pick up a total of about two full bags of trash from my usual outdoor spot.

In an effort to encourage everyone to leave our outdoor shooting areas cleaner than we find them, NWFA is giving any member who submits a photo of at least three full bags of trash a free one year Bronze Supporter membership. If an area is relatively clean you may also collect one or two bags of trash over two or three occasions, post photos of them when you get home, and once you collect your third we'll give you the membership.
Step 1: Take a photo of the trash you've collected with a piece of cardboard or something similar that has your NWFA username written on it.

Step 2: Post the photo in this thread.

Step 3: Send a Private Message to Joe Link.
A big thanks goes out to all of you who do this on a regular basis, keep up the great work!
In an effort to encourage everyone to leave our outdoor shooting areas cleaner than we find them, NWFA is giving any member who submits a photo of at least three full bags of trash a free one year Bronze Supporter membership. If an area is relatively clean you may also collect one or two bags of trash over two or three occasions, post photos of them when you get home, and once you collect your third we'll give you the membership.

Step 1: Take a photo of the trash you've collected with a piece of cardboard or something similar that has your NWFA username written on it.

A big thanks goes out to all of you who do this on a regular basis, keep up the great work!
I'm not sure if this is a PM but I wanted you to know I posted a pick of me and the trash I picked up.

2014-04-04 17.38.51.jpg

F41ACDB7-2A48-4EE2-B541-DC55546E985F_zpsd6gjfuxv.jpg

I was at the Memaloose road cleanup today with a few other members of this forum and quite a few forest service employees. I am a member at Douglas Ridge and I can shoot there or at home but I think it important to show the community at large that not all gun owners are like that. I hate to see public areas closed because of misuse.

I was at the Memloose Rd clean up today with a few members of this forum and quite a few forest service employees. Since I am a member at Douglas Ridge, I either shoot there or at home. I hate to see public areas closed because of misuse. I personally picked up 1,239,104 shot shells and 2,001,239 shot shell wads. Seriously, there was an appalling amount of trash. The wind blew quite a bit of the lighter things like plastic jugs over the hill where they were inaccessible.

The meth heads from Estacada had picked up most of the brass already but steel case and shot shells were plentiful. I know that clays are biodegradable but after this experience I wont be shooting at them anymore.

1F3D0B92-70F5-4059-850C-EFB3483E6411_zpsw1rj7qwr.jpg

A08926E1-FD64-432D-A088-25E32A822A74_zps0a3jncpl.jpg

Hellion pit "after"
F41ACDB7-2A48-4EE2-B541-DC55546E985F_zpsd6gjfuxv.jpg
77978AA6-6426-4674-81D8-59B0A3F6768C_zpspsqj3dcm.jpg

I appreciate all those who pick up after themselves and others for that matter!! Great idea and keep spreading the word.

I did one better than just trash bags :)

10253935_10201158515800012_4309557241213875368_n.jpg

Took a little time out of my day an ran the grader down there. Bermed and buried the shells, glass and stuff that littered the area. Opened it up a little so there is more room too.
It cleaned up really nice. Hopefully this will inspire others to keep it clean and we can continue to have it available for everyone to enjoy.
Bladed the ruts out of the road as I left too :)

Thanks for spreading the good word NWFA Forum!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top