JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have not seen a post about this so I hope it is not a double post. I know Moe the owner and I have been doing biz with him since back in the 90's. He has always treated me good. A group of 4 people smashed in a window in what is called the classroom. Then they made there way to the show room and smashed a display case and scooped up 28 hand guns. Then one or two of them decided they wanted 3 rifles. ATF has put up a $5,000.00 reward for the arrest of all four. It would be nice to have a list of what was taken so everybody knew what to look for. But I have a feeling that the guns are already in the Oakland area, maybe Chicago or on the way to our southern border. The volume of what was taken, it was for profit of course. Here is a report from the Tacoma News Tribune.

31 stolen guns plus 4 masked crooks equals $5,000 if you turn them in

I don't believe this happened, I594 was to stop all dangerous people from getting guns.

A side humorous note to smash and grabs. Back in many years ago I lived in Tucson. I used to buy and "go to look" at a couple pawn shops. Had bought from both over years. They were on different sides of town. I had no idea the same guy owned both. Ran one and paid others to work the other. One night someone does a smash and grab at one he paid others to run. He had to go in the middle of night to inventory and report. 5 hand guns were missing. By the time he gets to one he runs guy is waiting for him to open with back pack. Asked "you buy guns here ?" So guy pulls one out of pack and owner looks, it's one of his from robbery that morning. He acts real interested and asks "hey you have any more?". Dobad bends down to grab another out of his pack. When he stands back up he is staring into the wrong end of a 1911. Owner telling him "on the floor, hands where I can see them." I think this may have made it to the one gun rag that had a this months dumb crooks section every month. :D:D:D

A side humorous note to smash and grabs. Back in many years ago I lived in Tucson. I used to buy and "go to look" at a couple pawn shops. Had bought from both over years. They were on different sides of town. I had no idea the same guy owned both. Ran one and paid others to work the other. One night someone does a smash and grab at one he paid others to run. He had to go in the middle of night to inventory and report. 5 hand guns were missing. By the time he gets to one he runs guy is waiting for him to open with back pack. Asked "you buy guns here ?" So guy pulls one out of pack and owner looks, it's one of his from robbery that morning. He acts real interested and asks "hey you have any more?". Dobad bends down to grab another out of his pack. When he stands back up he is staring into the wrong end of a 1911. Owner telling him "on the floor, hands where I can see them." I think this may have made it to the one gun rag that had a this months dumb crooks section every month. :D:D:D

Similar story,

I purchased new in 1964-5 a light 12 browning shot gun, it caught fire in a gun case strapped to the side of my motorcycle about 1967-8.
After hours I rebuilt the stock and and re blued the shotgun in a gun shop I was working in, it was now somewhat a one off browning in appearance [due to the time spent it came out much better than expected]

Someone stole it, I was very upset but got over it.
Several years went by and I was looking into a private party purchase that had nothing to do with firearms.

But the topic came up and this young man, my age at the time and with so much pride! Wanted to show me his firearm.
He retrieved it and put it in my hands as I asked twice where did you get this shotgun?
Not yet knowing why he would not tell me. So I threw him down a flight of stairs took one leep hit the center of the stair carriage and leaped from there on to him in full flight to the lower landing. Then asked again where did you get this shotgun.
He gave me the name of my first Cousin. I handed him the fifty dollars he paid for it and left with the shot gun.
As big as NYC is this did happen and it was over a chance meeting.

I ran that shotgun harder than most from NY to OR thousands
  • <broken link removed>
of rounds of duck, Goose, phesants, grouse wood cock, Deer - slugging, trap and skeet.
In fact it was blued twice again from the salt of the inland bays and flooded valleys, lakes and just plain old rain here in the Pacific North West.
Wow fifty two years have come and gone since then and now.
Silver Hand

I almost forgot too. Anyone who has known this guy who owns that shop. Was he the one who a customer helped in a robbery, like around 92 or so? I remember back then there was a story in the local "news" rag here. Guy went to pawn shop with hand gun to pawn. Stumbles onto a guy who just robbed the place and holds him at gun point. When it was over he said he was there to pawn gun to pay his utility bill. The article said the owner told him to keep his gun, he would pay the bill. I have long forgotten name of pawn shop. Was it by chance this guy too? For some reason I keep thinking it was north of us like maybe Federal Way. This guy by chance start out that way, as a pawn shop?

I know he did pawn guns only when I went in there. Not sure if he started as a pawn shop though.
His neighbor was one of the best hole in the wall Mexican restaurants I've been to. Including those in socal.

I didn't see this on the news but I have a friend who lives close by he told me bout it on Friday I would ask Moe if he keeps video from week or so back because I would say those guys have been in the store before covered face and they new there was camera outside they covered license plate of car I'll bet they been there more than once before

Personally I would love to know who the thieves are, I'd turn them in for free!
Realistically I think $5,000 is hardly an incentive to turn in a group of thugs like this, there's always the concern of weather or not you'll remain anonymous, how far down the path of the investigation the Feds will drag you, Etc, Etc, & last but not least you won't see that money until they actually get a conviction! It could be months, maybe years before you even see the chump change they are offering. Just a thought-

I'm not condoning the actions of these punks & im not looking for an argument , I'm just thinking the reward for such a hefty crime seems a little on the light side.
Gee where is Mr Bloomberg money man now want guns off the street Mr billion dollar Bloomberg break out that check book OH YES YOU ONLY GO AFTER LEGAL GUN OWNERS F@#$%&+ CLOWN

I have not seen a post about this so I hope it is not a double post. I know Moe the owner and I have been doing biz with him since back in the 90's. He has always treated me good. A group of 4 people smashed in a window in what is called the classroom. Then they made there way to the show room and smashed a display case and scooped up 28 hand guns. Then one or two of them decided they wanted 3 rifles. ATF has put up a $5,000.00 reward for the arrest of all four. It would be nice to have a list of what was taken so everybody knew what to look for. But I have a feeling that the guns are already in the Oakland area, maybe Chicago or on the way to our southern border. The volume of what was taken, it was for profit of course. Here is a report from the Tacoma News Tribune.

31 stolen guns plus 4 masked crooks equals $5,000 if you turn them in

If the handguns were all Glocks, $5K reward sounds about right....:rolleyes:

Brutus Out

I'm just surprised that the inventory was left in a display case.
5k seems low for four people, especially when a stolen gun can realistically be assumed it will be used in another crime. More like 5k per crook, but I'd do it for free. I hope they get shot, before the guns are used to shoot anyone else.

I guess they will never be sold to an honest person, who takes the background check... probably good not to support business with thieves anyway.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top