JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I watch the UPS guy bring mine up he sure does not look like he enjoys lugging those boxes to the door If I did not think someone would steal it I have been tempted to leave a hand truck at the end of the drive for the guy. :D

I'll see your UPS guy bringing ammo to your porch, and raise you my USPS guy bringing TWO boxes of projectiles weighing 69# each to my porch! This last 2-box order, of 4,000 each in flat rate boxes, I was here and took the hand truck out to his truck and had him set them on the hand truck. I can't life those things, I can only slide them. They stayed there by the door, on the carpet, until I split them up.

Last Edited:
I'll see your UPS guy bringing ammo to you porch, and raise you my USPS guy bringing TWO boxes of projectiles weighing 69# each to my porch! This last 2-box order, of 4,000 each in flat rate boxes, I was here and took the hand truck out to his truck and had him set them on the hand truck. I can't life those things, I can only slide them. They stayed there by the door, on the carpet, until I split them up.
LOL, I had to go to the PO a couple times to pick up boxes from the old National Bullet that were shipped USPS. Couple times they did ask "what the hell is in these boxes?" :D

I bought another 1500 rounds of the Federal HP my Ruger 10-22 likes. It was still cheap so I said why not? I got caught in the Obama drought days, and that isn't happening again.

They deliver ammo now? Never thought they would? All I have ever seen is UPS and some times FedEx. I used to get swagged lead slugs by USPS but never saw them deliver live ammo since it's an ORM-D

Not sure. I don't pay attention anymore. I didn't see/hear the delivery. I seem to recall that the tracking info indicated that it would be Fed Ex ground and then the last mile would be USPS, but I could be wrong.

I've got the urge now, dammit! I feel I should order 1000 or 5. Where's a guy to look? I'll take look at ammoseek now.

I've got the urge now, dammit! I feel I should order 1000 or 5. Where's a guy to look? I'll take look at ammoseek now.

Ammoseek is good, but doesn't always catch some of the deals. Like they didn't get the deal I got from SMKW when I double checked there. They often don't catch Recoil Gunworks either (don't sell .22, just 9mm, 40 and .45)

I'll see your UPS guy bringing ammo to you porch, and raise you my USPS guy bringing TWO boxes of projectiles weighing 69# each to my porch! This last 2-box order, of 4,000 each in flat rate boxes, I was here and took the hand truck out to his truck and had him set them on the hand truck. I can't life those things, I can only slide them. They stayed there by the door, on the carpet, until I split them up.

I'm all in here...
Last week - 3 cases of 00 12 gauge - and - A CHEWEY dog and cat food order... 3 boxes of canned pet food. :rolleyes:

I'm all in here...
Last week - 3 cases of 00 12 gauge - and - A CHEWEY dog and cat food order... 3 boxes of canned pet food. :rolleyes:

You're gonna break your postman! My guy mentioned you pet food buyers as some of the worst deliveries...:s0140:

I call.

YfxKp9Du.jpeg

There is an economic dynamic involved in ammo production. The major manufacturers don't want to build or expand factories because historically they have experienced cyclical bursts of demand that then taper off. So a response of cyclical expansion would result in excess manufacturing capacity after the cycle runs down. They's seen it over and over again, often as a result of ramping up for war. But when it comes to consumer demand, they can respond to that as they wish. Which is to produce as much as they can within the limits of existing capacity.

Within these limits, they concentrate on what is in highest demand. Plain and simple. And, it's true they cannot dedicate a continued production run simultaneously to every item they sell. So some items they make in cycles. And if demand spikes in between cycles, all they have to sell is what was run during the last cycle. Until they change production to meet demand.

I'm familiar with the Sierra bullet factory. They are periodically changing production lines from one particular number item to the next as supply and demand dictate. To offset this, they make overruns that go into green 55 gal. barrels and are stored in the basement. These are their cushion against a burst of demand. They draw from these supplies until the next cycle begins for that product. But sometimes run out until the new cycle.

The guy in the video in the OP mentions the profit margin factor. Understandably, manufacturers are going to focus on products that generate more profit than low end items.

Looking over at cases of linked 7.62 and too much of almost everything else makes me super nerveous when the wife starts searching Zillow for a new house. Someone will have to move all that crap.

Anybody checked lately? Is there a shortage? Admittedly I haven't checked any of the regular places such as bi-mart.
Not anything like the years long one we just had. It is often spotty. Many places will have limits again. Many places do not have all the flavors yet. As ranges all start to come back on line and the people who refuse to pay attention head out to buy one box, see an empty shelf, then tell all to panic? It will cause another blip in the supply line. So again for anyone who simply refuses to learn from the past? Let they cry again I guess.

Bulk cheap ammo is getting harder to find that's true. Mid to higher grade match ammo is still there and can be found with no price increases, you just have to look. I know I've ordered 3 times once each in the last 3 months and got great deals. I've spoken to a few supply houses and they confirm the rush is what was the problem. Like previously it's not the supply or delivery, it's the panic buyers who get 1 box of 500 once a month running out and grabbing 10 boxes due to rumors causing a sudden glut. It's like a domino chain once started there's no stopping it. I just get my brick and move on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top