JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It seems like they are after banning all ammo. The are trying to ban lead as well as steel core.
Either way the threat came right as everyone is getting tax returns and now the shelves are clearing the timing seems strange since it was right around the same time last year that they were trying to ban rifles that shoot this ammo.

Just the dying gasps of a madman who has but a year left to scar, damage or destroy our constitution before he is a nobody, a bad taste left in our mouths....I am hopefully optimistic for 2016 if we can get our poop together and agree on a nominee other than Romney...o_O

Work hard to have Hillary win the Demokratik nomination. Then, as long as Palin is nowhere to be seen or heard, any candidate from the GOP has a strong chance of winning.

Just got my first AR. Guess I'm out of luck to shoot it until things calm down again. I guess I'll stick with 7.62 stuff for a while.

As for those blaming Rush and Fox (and don't get me wrong, I have no interest in really defending them), I would remind them that neither would have anything to blow up if the anti-gun politicians on the opposite side weren't going after us in the first place. So they may be stoking the fire, but they certainly didn't build it. Add to that the absolute ignorant stupidity of those that go into panic mode buying frenzies, and there are a LOT of people to blame here. Intelligent, calm and informed people should know better and shouldn't be easily moved into a feeding frenzy on the words of a talking head. I recommend we stop blaming just one particular person or news agency and work to educate people as best we can. It's an uphill battle to be sure, but perhaps we can prevent at least some of the craziness.

In the meantime, we've got to find better ways to stop these anti-gun zealots from constantly attacking our rights. And I'm still looking for a decent answer there.

Just got my first AR. Guess I'm out of luck to shoot it until things calm down again. I guess I'll stick with 7.62 stuff for a while.

As for those blaming Rush and Fox (and don't get me wrong, I have no interest in really defending them), I would remind them that neither would have anything to blow up if the anti-gun politicians on the opposite side weren't going after us in the first place. So they may be stoking the fire, but they certainly didn't build it. Add to that the absolute ignorant stupidity of those that go into panic mode buying frenzies, and there are a LOT of people to blame here. Intelligent, calm and informed people should know better and shouldn't be easily moved into a feeding frenzy on the words of a talking head. I recommend we stop blaming just one particular person or news agency and work to educate people as best we can. It's an uphill battle to be sure, but perhaps we can prevent at least some of the craziness.

In the meantime, we've got to find better ways to stop these anti-gun zealots from constantly attacking our rights. And I'm still looking for a decent answer there.

I am in no mood to buy any ones high priced ammo, it will come back down & that is the time to stock up.
I know just how to do that, DON'T VOTE FOR THE GUN HATING SIDE, no matter what!!!!
It's too bad it comes down to this but, it is what it is and they need stopped NOW.:mad:

As for those blaming Rush and Fox (and don't get me wrong, I have no interest in really defending them), I would remind them that neither would have anything to blow up if the anti-gun politicians on the opposite side weren't going after us in the first place. So they may be stoking the fire, but they certainly didn't build it.

Just got my first AR. Guess I'm out of luck to shoot it

You must not have heard his "All 556/223 ammo is getting banned" radio show aye? It shot panic to the stratosphere within hours. I happened to be in Cabela's right after the broadcast watching people literally hauling out full shopping carts of 223/556 and EVERYBODY talking about "THE ALL AMMO BAN"....

I was in another gun shop a couple hours later where they were laughing everytime the phone rang... "OOP, Someone else wanting a case of 223"....Sure enough. :rolleyes:

There is still 223 available for pretty cheep, Buy some and go shoot that new AR.
http://www.luckygunner.com/tula-223-ammo-for-sale-223rem55fmjtulablack-1000#rid=slickguns

You must not have heard his "All 556/223 ammo is getting banned" radio show aye? It shot panic to the stratosphere within hours. I happened to be in Cabela's right after the broadcast watching people literally hauling out full shopping carts of 223/556 and EVERYBODY talking about "THE ALL AMMO BAN"....

I was in another gun shop a couple hours later where they were laughing everytime the phone rang... "OOP, Someone else wanting a case of 223"....Sure enough. :rolleyes:

There is still 223 available for pretty cheep, Buy some and go shoot that new AR.
http://www.luckygunner.com/tula-223-ammo-for-sale-223rem55fmjtulablack-1000#rid=slickguns

Actually no, I didn't hear his broadcast on it. Even if I had heard it, it wouldn't have affected me because I already knew what was going on. Going back to what I was trying to say, I simply think it's too easy to lay the blame on folks like Rush, Fox News or any other talking head. In essence, those people are entertainers (even the news folks). They want ratings, and it's not beyond them to stir the pot to get people worked up so they'll watch. This goes not only for those mentioned, but the left media like ABC, CNN, NBC, CBS and their various talkshow folks do the same damn things. Neither side owns the market on using fear a panic for ratings

What gets me are how gullible so many average folks are. If you're the kind of person that takes the word of Rush, Fox News, MSNBC, Brian Williams, and you get worked up and react without doing some research, then you're as much part of the problem as they are. This ammo panic, like Sandy Hook, was initiated by certain folks, but the public bought into the panic and even today, we're still feeling the effects. If average Joe shooter wouldn't run out and buy up every single piece of ammo every time it's mentioned on the news, perhaps we wouldn't have these problems.

It was more of a tongue-in-cheek comment. I've got some ammo to get started, but I used my available money to buy the AR. I'm just hoping when I have some money set aside to buy a bigger amount of bulk ammo, the panic prices will be down a bit. But yes, I can shoot that new AR, I'll just not have to get crazy about it. And I've got a reasonable amount of 7.62 on hand, so I'll enjoy the others until I build up some .223/5.56 built up ;)

Your spot on. People are sheep. Even the good guys. I've watched it time and time again.

FWIW. I won't even buy the potential banned ammo. If I bought a bunch I wouldn't want to shoot it or turn a quick buck. I'd rather buy twice as much of another flavor and have double the fun.

Last Edited:
Your spot on. People are sheep. Even the good guys. I've watched it time and time again.

FWIW. I won't even buy the potential banned ammo. If I bought a bunch I would want to shoot it or turn a quick buck. I'd rather buy twice as much of another flavor and have double the fun.

I am pretty much refusing to buy ammo during a craze like this - did the same with .22lr. I'm not in a panic to get it, I don't mind waiting as I've got other guns to shoot in the meantime. When things settle down, I'll be happy to do my part for the economy :)

I have never, in all my 55 years, seen any administration do so much damage and remain "Teflon" clean before. Nixon was impeached, IMVHO for far less than this by the Demoncats and yet they turn a blind eye to all the criminal, blatant violations to our Constitutional laws. LAWS mind you. I am reminded of the proverbial frog in the pot of warm water....wake America, we're boiling here.
I agree, don't panic and cause yet another supply shortage-price hike for the rest of us. This too shall pass...
Now let's see what POTUS does to our Internet ....:eek:

Nope, 77 g works fine. The OAL is under the max and less powder is used on heavier bullets (has to do with less room inside the case so the pressure is higher).
1:7 twists love these as do the long range 223 shooters;)
I find that my 77 g rounds fit snug in usgi mags but with more clearance in pmags.

I have never, in all my 55 years, seen any administration do so much damage and remain "Teflon" clean before. Nixon was impeached, IMVHO for far less than this by the Demoncats and yet they turn a blind eye to all the criminal, blatant violations to our Constitutional laws. LAWS mind you. I am reminded of the proverbial frog in the pot of warm water....wake America, we're boiling here.
I agree, don't panic and cause yet another supply shortage-price hike for the rest of us. This too shall pass...
Now let's see what POTUS does to our Internet ....:eek:
Nixon was not impeached. He resigned rather then drag the country down. Not saying he wasn't a crook but give the guy a little credit for putting country before himself. Democrats have big hearts and good intentions, they also own the alphabet media. They will get a pass until the party faithful can't stand the smell.

Nixon was not impeached. He resigned rather then drag the country down. Not saying he wasn't a crook but give the guy a little credit for putting country before himself. Democrats have big hearts and good intentions, they also own the alphabet media. They will get a pass until the party faithful can't stand the smell.
You are of course, correct about Nixon and I thought him a decent President albeit an alcoholic. And I agree on the smell theory, look at our own Governor. Now we share something in common with Kalifornication, Browns in office. :confused:

went to sportsman's today not one box of 5.56/.223 unless you wanted the high dollar tap type stuff
is in not just ss109 that is on the hit list? guy at the counter said it was sold out and bare shelves this
weekend people saying Obama is is banning the 5.56/.223 ammo its just unbelievable how folks are acting
this is just getting old with folks panicking running around nuts "again is it not just the ss109 on the block"?
I guess the distrust is just getting deeper and deeper

Odd that I can find plenty of .223 at my local favorite pdx store. Went by two of them today. 100rnd box $39.95, 90rnd box $36.95 and 20rnd boxes on sale for $6.95 w/100rnd limit.

I believe our community suffers from a self induced mental disorder commonly known as fear. And the Obongos of the world probably laugh at us running around like scared sheep.

Howwwllll...err, I'm mean baaaa.:D

Not everyone can afford to buy 500, 1,000, 5,000, 10,000 rounds of ammunition for a rainy day/year. If you're on this board bubbleguming about how no one including your friends ever stock up for events like this, you know you're a gun nut and so do your friends. You're not the average shooter.

What do you expect people to do when the BATFE threatens to ban half of the ammo supply (M855) for a firearm that they like to shoot?

What if you like the way M855 ammunition shoots in your gun? You've just been told you may not be able to get any more. Ever. You expect everyone to just go "Oh well, I didn't like shooting that much anyway. I guess it's time to pick up crochetting like I've always wanted to."

What are the rest of them supposed to do when it dawns on them that while they don't really care about the M855 round, now all the people that were buying M855 are now stuck competing with them for the same supply of xM193 and v-max on the shelf? It doesn't take an economist to figure out how that's going to play out.

What do you expect people to think when they read the BATFE framework (have you?), that despite decades of being shot down by irate senators who remember full well that the GCA of 1968 never had anything to do with rifle ammunition, completely ignore the straightforward definition of "armor piercing" set before them and ban the import of steel core 7.62x39, 5.45x39, and now the manufacture and sale of M855 bullets and loaded ammunition?

We don't know what a post surplus 5.56 economy looks like. People are taking guesses. Some of them are pretty wild I'll admit.

When they said they'd be getting rid of incandescent lightbulbs in 2014, people bought lightbulbs in 2013.

Baa.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top