JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Don't forget Fox News. Had a friend call me yesterday because her mom heard that Obama was going to ban 556. I gave her the short answer of "your mom needs to stop watching so much Fox", and then the long answer of what is actually happening.

The long and short answer, this is the back door attempt at gun control. Obama told his supporters this was coming. This is right out of the progressive liberal playbook. Don't believe me, look what the liberals have done to demonize smoking. Who would have believed 30 years ago we would be dealing with designated smoking areas. Smoking is so bad for our health we have legalized more stuff to smoke, maryjane, go figure. Shame on you people that dare to listen to any news that isn't sanitized.

Just another attempt at chipping away at the 2A.

IF the green-tip 5.56 ban passes, the .223 will be next - because the are the exact same thing, right? :confused: The Libs will buy that without any problems.

Then what will it be? Hollow points? "High power" "Self Defense" rounds? Because no one needs those either....:eek:

Only the military needs bullets like that. Well, the military and the police. Only those two agencies would ever need anything like that.......o_O

Just another angle to try and ban/control.....

Here comes the huge scare and 223/556 will be what it was a year ago....

Good thing might be that folks will turn their attention away from of buying all of the 22. ;)

The price on good ammo is still the same. I saw 77gr CBC OTM for .58/rd which is a great price. anyone who wants some ball ammo hit me up, I would be happy to trade for some 77gr CBC :D

The other thing is I don't think much of that ammo is selling for those crazy prices. I put my offer to trade M855/SS109 for CBC 77gr up on armslist. I put up 5000 plus rounds at what equates to .58/rd which is far, far cheaper than most of the Armslist ads and I did not get a single response. Of course right in my add I put that you would have to be an idiot to trade my 62gr stuff for good 77gr ammo. That might of had some effect

Never wanted 855 anyway. Rush, Fox and all the bubble-heads can suck on my exhaust pipe.
I haven't seen any 223/5.56 for $5.00/20 since early '11. Back in early '10, I bought a s-load of components, and I think I'll still be loading for 13¢/each (including powder) well into 2016.

The other thing is I don't think much of that ammo is selling for those crazy prices. I put my offer to trade M855/SS109 for CBC 77gr up on armslist. I put up 5000 plus rounds at what equates to .58/rd which is far, far cheaper than most of the Armslist ads and I did not get a single response. Of course right in my add I put that you would have to be an idiot to trade my 62gr stuff for good 77gr ammo. That might of had some effect

Can you shoot 77 grain out of a standard AR platform rifle. I thought that was over the normal for magazine loading?

:(:(:(Don't care for 855/109 ammo either but it dies not matter. It us not a scare, it is real. Losing 855 from the market will drive the price of everything else up! Also, this is just the beginning of future bans.

Yet another sad day for America and law abiding gun owners!

Just the dying gasps of a madman who has but a year left to scar, damage or destroy our constitution before he is a nobody, a bad taste left in our mouths....I am hopefully optimistic for 2016 if we can get our poop together and agree on a nominee other than Romney...o_O

.. Seriously.. Why are folks panic buying other .223 and 5.56 that isnt being "banned"?

Everything is near sold out at my online shops that I buy from.. And prices have risen.. This is just insane. Those arent even under the scope!

Guess my AR and M85 range day will have to wait.

Big thanks to Rush Limbaugh and his hyperbole radio show.
I think the issue is they dont have any true pro firearm folks working for them:
Rush and Fox.
Had they had a few in house "experts" they would have put a better spin on it.
Most of the source gathering is from the interns and others. He was merely reporting it, he did give a nice rebuttle and say this was the first step in banning a few things and that he had got the story partially wrong.. But again its because they NEED a pro firearm person to work/report for them this is the 3rd or 4th time something like this has happened. Even Glen Beck had misreported a few times because they dont have anyone who is deeply involved in the firearms community working for them.

But it sure didnt help with as many folks only half listening.. They heard ALL .223 and 5.56 was getting banned and now we have another panic.
I for one am done with .223 AND 5.56 until this insanity dies down.

Back to AKs for me! ;)

Can you shoot 77 grain out of a standard AR platform rifle. I thought that was over the normal for magazine loading?

Nope, 77 g works fine. The OAL is under the max and less powder is used on heavier bullets (has to do with less room inside the case so the pressure is higher).
1:7 twists love these as do the long range 223 shooters;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top