JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I think they should charge each vehicle a fee, say $25 or so, when the studs are installed to pay for the damage they will do. If you live on a hill with some elevation black ice can be a problem on many mornings even in Seattle or Potland, so studs are the way to go.

And a $1000 fee for each truck because they have to replace the highway surface on the passes each year.

Oh wait, there is already a fee........

It's called Federal and State "Fuel tax" and it is all supposed to go to road maint but they spend it on beautification corridors and meetings in Hawaii!

Along with contacting your current representatives this is probably the best chance conservatives have to run for office. I haven't seen any conservative campaigning yet but I still get tons of daily emails from the dems from 12 yrs ago. I've sent donations to Republicans as well and get nothing.

The party of R just never seems to have it's scat together.

People say, well why don't you run. Simply, I still find hooker jokes hilarious. I can only hold my tongue minutes to hours at a time. And like the racing icon Kenny Roberts famously said to reporters, I don't answer stupid questions.

That's the reason I never went to Officer Candidate School. I had the grades, etc, but just wasn't a gentleman. Even tho I was seen at several "Gentleman's" Clubs in San Diego.

Any. movement on any of these bills out of committee? It doesn't seem like there is much traction considering covid taking priority and the short legislative session.
All of the bills listed in the OP are currently showing location "in committee".

Info from OFF 1/27:
Anti-rights extremist Floyd Prozanski has already announced an early hearing and work session for SB 554. He has been delayed by Senate President Peter Courtney so that the ruling party can move less contentious bills with little opposition and then get to gutting your rights with SB 554. (Just to start.)

When I lived in central OR the bi-annual pilgrimage to the tire store to swap the winter wheels and studs with the summer wheels and studs was a very common thing. I would guestimate that over half the residents had studs for winter.

I know what you mean. When we lived out in the middle of nowhere in eastern Oregon, studded tires were the norm, not the exception, during the winter months. Not that those in Salem give a damn about people living in those parts, because they don't.

^^^Seems like they wanna be able to disregard the rest of us "hicks" and enact guns bans in Portland. That's they way I read it, since it's obviously written for Portland's benefit.

^^^Seems like they wanna be able to disregard the rest of us "hicks" and enact guns bans in Portland. That's they way I read it, since it's obviously written for Portland's benefit.
Gun bans in Portland, BLM and Antifa running amuck, police being defunded...

Portland is just one of the massive cesspools on the west coast... Dumbazzes keep electing these jack wagons, well they're out to remove every voters civil rights. Imagine Oregon with a gutted constitution. Heck we already have the 800 number to report your neighbor for having family over for holidays. The fallout of this coming weekend and Super Bowl parties should be interesting.

Adolph would be proud and impressed with what ole Kate has been able to accomplish...

:s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054::s0054:

Last Edited:

State preemption is currently the only thing standing between locales enacting their own gun regulations. If 585 passes, it can almost be assured that anti-gunners will be pressuring the Portland City Council and Mayor to pass restrictions and bans on what can be owned or purchased. Personally, I don't plan on giving anything up no matter what. I'll just keep my mouth shut and my toys out of view unless I drive out of the county to enjoy them.

Last Edited:
You can thank the Rambo wanna be's strutting around carrying AR's for the coming regulations restricting our rights. Just because something is legal does not mean it is a smart thing to do. Public perception of these guys is going to hang us all.

You can thank the Rambo wanna be's strutting around carrying AR's for the coming regulations restricting our rights. Just because something is legal does not mean it is a smart thing to do. Public perception of these guys is going to hang us all.

True, to a small extent. But to be fair, the Antis were coming long before most of the voting population knew what an AR was.

With SB 585 having zero co-sponsors, I would guess there's not too much interest in it. Just a guess though. I would agree that it's one of this session's worst bills, and worth keeping on the radar.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top