JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
How can we take action when the legislature is stacked and the only people that are allowed to be heard are those that agree with them.

Write to R legislators and ask them to walk out again. That's if the Legislature doesn't change the quorum rules like they want.

The problem of legislators not being heard takes place when no debate is allowed before a vote is taken on a bill. Also, some legislators are locked out of hearings, and hearings are held w/o notice. And sometimes a bill is voted with no hearing at all, or hearings are held but the witness pool is stacked so that the opposition is not able to speak.

It sucks. But folks in the valley keep voting these jerks/commies into the legislature.

It looks like SB 502 is a good thing. Participants of the Address Confidentiality Program are victims of domestic violence, stalking, human trafficking, etc, and the program helps give them a legal way to hide their real address, even when filling out paperwork that legally requires an address. This would exempt them from background checks. Thumbs up from me for that one.

That's what I was thinking.

• SB 604 Requires person to obtain permit before purchasing or otherwise receiving firearm under circumstances requiring criminal background check.
  • HB 2543 Prohibits transfer of firearm by gun dealer or private party if Department of State Police is unable to determine whether recipient is qualified to receive firearm.

So if Joe and Ho were to enact a national mandatory "buy back" confiscation we could pull these on them and deny their demands if they don't have the required permit or cannot present proof of qualification from DSP.

Write to R legislators and ask them to walk out again. That's if the Legislature doesn't change the quorum rules like they want.

The problem of legislators not being heard takes place when no debate is allowed before a vote is taken on a bill. Also, some legislators are locked out of hearings, and hearings are held w/o notice. And sometimes a bill is voted with no hearing at all, or hearings are held but the witness pool is stacked so that the opposition is not able to speak.

It sucks. But folks in the valley keep voting these jerks/commies into the legislature.

The legisture is done on Skype or some nonsense similar to it . How can they walk out of a place they are not in ?

The legisture is done on Skype or some nonsense similar to it . How can they walk out of a place they are not in ?

Dang, they still doing that? Probably Zoom. I hate Zoom.

But don't they still need to have legislators sign in to have a quorum? If they don't take part, they are not "there" = no quorum.

Last Edited:
So Does that translate to you have to get a gun owners ID permission to buy a firearm approval like in the UK ?

Its a path to make firearm ownership near impossible. Like in Hawaii it currently takes over a year to just get the appointment to get the permit to purchase. Permit is only good for 1 year. You need a new permit for every handgun you want to purchase. You need a hunting class to get a handgun permit, the state has cancelled all hunting classes.

Just like that, 'legal' but impossible to buy a firearm.

But don't they still need to have legislators sign in to have a quorum. If they don't take part, they are "there" = no quorum.

But don't they still need to have legislators sign in to have a quorum. If they don't take part, they are "there" = no quorum.

I miss the nice state we were blessed with .and don't understand why anyone would want to intentionally flush it down the toilet.

Last Edited:
In every state that requires permit/license, citizens get refused, or even arrested if they move into the state with a firearm in their possession.
That's not true in CA - pass the test, pay the fee ($10 when I did it) and get the card. They also require the buyer demonstrate basic safe handling and ability to manipulate the firearm to the dealer. But the certificate is for transfers only, not possession. At least when I was last a resident in 2018.

Participation in the process, if the quorum rules don't change, they simply exit the on-line process, thus denying the quorum.

But the Marxists also want to financially penalize Republicans for any walkouts...

Hey dipweeds, how about you stop violating your oath of office....

:s0054:

That's not true in CA - pass the test, pay the fee ($10 when I did it) and get the card. They also require the buyer demonstrate basic safe handling and ability to manipulate the firearm to the dealer. But the certificate is for transfers only, not possession. At least when I was last a resident in 2018.
In CA it isn't a crime to move into the state with guns as long as they are not prohibited by state law generally, such as "assault weapons" or zip guns. The new resident has 60 days to either register them, sell them through an FFL, or turn them into the police. The state cannot prosecute you for exceeding the 60 days if the only reason they know you blew the 60 days is because you submitted the registration form.

Any govt restriction on the right to buy a firearm is an infringement, no matter how logical it seems. I'm not a fan of having to jump thru hoops. PITA!!

My range has just required that in order to buy a membership each year, ALL individuals must attend an orientation. Even those of us that have been members and using the range for 40yrs!!! JERKS!!!!!

• HB 2510 Requires owner or possessor of firearm to secure firearm with trigger or cable lock, in locked container or in gun room except in specified circumstances.
Because someone not breaking into your house just isn't enough.

My gun is mostly stored in cotton boxers. My wife controls access and rarely opens. I will certainly call LEO if it goes missing.

In CA it isn't a crime to move into the state with guns as long as they are not prohibited by state law generally, such as "assault weapons" or zip guns. The new resident has 60 days to either register them, sell them through an FFL, or turn them into the police. The state cannot prosecute you for exceeding the 60 days if the only reason they know you blew the 60 days is because you submitted the registration form.
Also true, last I knew.

Any govt restriction on the right to buy a firearm is an infringement, no matter how logical it seems. I'm not a fan of having to jump thru hoops.
I agree. As far as infringements go, having to demonstrate that the transferee can manipulate the device without shooting themselves in the bubblegum, and requiring that they take a test based on simple firearms safety rules and basic laws every 10 years seems like one I wouldn't get too up in arms about. What say we trade those for abolishing the NFA?

I'd go for that deal.

I agree. As far as infringements go, having to demonstrate that the transferee can manipulate the device without shooting themselves in the bubblegum, and requiring that they take a test based on simple firearms safety rules and basic laws every 10 years seems like one I wouldn't get too up in arms about. What say we trade those for abolishing the NFA?

I'd go for that deal.
While we all want the NFA abolished trading it for a subjective test is crazy. We all have different opinion on how to handle, carry and safely store a firearm let alone what big government thinks. And whos to say they don't make the test prohibitively hard or prohibitively expensive. Your right to own a gun starts a birth and is yours to lose based on your actions.

Still waiting for Oregon to propose legislation to require permits, background checks, and waiting periods et al before a person is allowed to attend a riot, err protest.

That was funny right there. Facebukakke? I choked on my coffee creamer and spit it all over my face...lol.
4088CFEB-43FE-4989-B006-2ABF6B3222FC.gif

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads