JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Submit your oppose vote and testimony here

554.jpg

SB 585 is the absolute worst bill yet: repealing state preemption.
SB 585 is scheduled for a hearing on Feb 24th in Senate Judiciary.

SB 585 should not be confused with SB 554 which is scheduled for a hearing on Feb 22nd with a "work session" scheduled for Feb 25th.

Unlike SB 554, which only places thousands of "public buildings," and airports off limits to gun owners, SB 585 will place entire cities and counties off limits to gun owners.

SB [585] repeals Oregon's "pre-emption" statute which limits the creation of anti-gun laws to the state legislature. Under SB [585], any locality will be able to write whatever gun laws they like.

Last Edited:
Info from OFF:
To up the ante on a complete elimination of your rights, Oregon's most rabid anti gun fanatic, Ginny Burdick, has added an amendment to SB 554 to include an "emergency clause." This is a legislative trick used to guarantee that really bad bills cannot be referred to a vote of the people.
What an absolute abuse of the emergency clause: 30 years of Oregon CHLs, 300,000 CHLs issued, zero problems.

Senator Kim Thatcher Home Page (oregonlegislature.gov)

It's not too late to send in a testimony. The opposition is not sitting and hoping things will turn out in their favor. Oregonians if you want to keep your rights this is a minimal step. When you leave it up to the politicians who only listen to the people contacting them and get mad when they ignore the silent majority, this is the reason why.

Don't be the smart guy at the dance sitting alone in the corner while the pretty girl dances with the bad boys. They asked. You sat there and pouted. Don't underwhelm Salem with in action. Chances are we won't get to speak because the other anti-gun activist have already filled out the spots for spoken testimony. Or they will find certain people having technical difficulties. Another reason to write one out and send it on. Thanks.

Last Edited:
Update from OFF:
If you attempted to sign up to testify AGAINST SB 585, you'll see you can't. That bill has been removed from the schedule. For NOW.

There is nothing that prevents it from coming back, but for today, our focus has to be on killing SB 554, a bill intended to make felons out of the most law abiding Oregonians ...

Pretty good so far. NOT! Public testimony is, so far, Multco county Sheriff Mike Reese. So much for "Public" testimony. :(
what a crap show this is destined to be.

Who will enforce abuse of public trust charges against Kate and Ginny and every one of their ilk, for using emergency clause where no emergency exists, for devious and evil personal purposes, against their oath of office and the constitution.

It comes to mind that, all these democritter's on this committee have college degrees. All the democritter's will listen to the testimony from the callers and STILL vote to pass this useless, unfair law. What this tells me is all these democritter's learned in those years of college is how to sit mostly still for hours listening to, and ignoring solid facts and statistics, and STILL vote the way they had previously decided anyway! But damn, they sure do a good job of sitting there for all that time! Just sitting there for that long with a normal look on my face would drive me nucking futs! But then I'm not college edumacated.

It comes to mind that, all these democritter's on this committee have college degrees. All the democritter's will listen to the testimony from the callers and STILL vote to pass this useless, unfair law. What this tells me is all these democritter's learned in those years of college is how to sit mostly still for hours listening to, and ignoring solid facts and statistics, and STILL vote the way they had previously decided anyway! But damn, they sure do a good job of sitting there for all that time! Just sitting there for that long with a normal look on my face would drive me nucking futs! But then I'm not college edumacated.
Trust me, you'd learn how to do it so you could line your pockets with millions... That's what it's all about, that's what it's always been about...

Another legislative season that the republicans will have to walk out of to deny a quorum. It's the only way to stop the Democrats supermajority...

Oregon politics is more corrupt than the Mafia influence politics of the east coast...

:s0054:

Trust me, you'd learn how to do it so you could line your pockets with millions... That's what it's all about, that's what it's always been about...

Another legislative season that the republicans will have to walk out of to deny a quorum. It's the only way to stop the Democrats supermajority...

Oregon politics is more corrupt than the Mafia influence politics of the east coast...

:s0054:

I hope they do walk out, but? Have you heard of their intent to do such? In the grand scheme of things this law seems less dangerous that the "Carbon Tax" law that literally affected EVERY citizen of the state. At some point in time repeated walk-outs could have some unseen at this time, undesirable effects.

Update from OFF on SB554:
The opponents of the bill vastly outnumbered those in support.
:
The bill is now fast tracked for a "work session" on Thursday Feb 25th at 8am ...
:
So now, unless Republican leadership makes some bold moves, this bill will be voted on and possibly amended in committee on Thursday in spite of overwhelming opposition. From there it will be sent to the Senate floor where the majority support it.
:
Now as we are getting close to the wire we ask that you call and email Courtney and demand he stop 554 and the demented damage it will do.

[email protected]

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads