JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My 2017 EDC Updated.

Here's my list (currently as it is always evolving). Keeping in mind this is just for Urban Vancouver/Portland - Rural or far away places get an extra set of stuff.

On me always:
3" folder - flavor doesn't matter
Bandana
EDC gun + at least 1 spare mag
iPhone
Wallet
Keys
Zippo

1 of 2 EDC Bag's - depends on the day:

EDC bag #1:
Maxpidition Fatboy - for when I don't want to carry my EDC gun OR if I only have a couple extra things to bring.
- Things that stay in the bag:
- Inhaler for asthma, pen, sharpie, Bic lighter & multiple lengths (3', 6' & 10') of 550 Para cord.

EDC bag #2:
Badlands Day Pack - for winter and when I need to haul a bit more then the MX Fatboy can carry.
- 50' 550 Para cord, 1 climbers carabeaner + 1x150lb cheapie, pen, sharpie, head lamp, zip ties, large black garbage bags, US Military neckerchief, bottle of water, inhaler for asthma, extra bandana, disposable wet lens cloths, 1st aid kit & Bic lighter.

**Not sure I've ever brought them both at the same time.

3 'Small Kits' move to whatever bag I'm carrying that day

-1. TP Needs:
Toilet Paper (not a huge wad but enough to get the job done twice in case I have to use it and forget to restock), portable pack of flushable wipes (found these are handy from what they are made for to wiping a seat in an emergency - don't knock it till you try it), few bounty kitchen paper towels & Hand Sanitizer.

-2. Electrical Needs:
A/C to USB adapter, 12v D/C to USB adapter (cigaret plug in), earbuds, cord for phone & cord for older iPods.

-3. Medical/Catch All bag:
Prescription Meds for 3 days, over the counter meds for myself and my 2 ladies (Advil, Tylenol, Excedrine Migraine, Sudafed, Benadryl and Midol), set of ear plugs, nitrate gloves x 2 sets, toothpicks with floss on them, single doses of Oragel topical anesthetic, 3xAAA batteries, 8 quarters and I think that's it without digging into it. (Used to keep a $10, $5 & 5x$1s but gave that up till I have extra income)

+
These items get moved back and forth to the bag I'm taking:
- prescription glasses JIC (not an item I wear except for very bad weather or sometimes night driving in unfamiliar areas & to the shooting range), leatherman Wave w/led 2xAAA mini mag in a pouch, extra set of keys, good tweezers, nail clippers, emery board for nails, small pad & pen combo.

None of the above is part of my GHB or Trunk Bag - that seemed like it needed its own thread...

Criticize or post your stuff - it's all good =).

My 2017 EDC Updated.

Here's my list (currently as it is always evolving). Keeping in mind this is just for Urban Vancouver/Portland - Rural or far away places get an extra set of stuff.

On me always:
3" folder - flavor doesn't matter
Bandana
EDC gun + at least 1 spare mag
iPhone
Wallet
Keys
Zippo

1 of 2 EDC Bag's - depends on the day:

EDC bag #1:
Maxpidition Fatboy - for when I don't want to carry my EDC gun OR if I only have a couple extra things to bring.
- Inhaler for asthma, pen, sharpie, Bic lighter & multiple lengths (3', 6' & 10') of 550 Para cord.

EDC bag #2:
Badlands Day Pack - for winter and when I need to haul a bit more then the MX Fatboy can carry.
- 50' 550 Para cord, 1 climbers carabeaner + 1x150lb cheapie, pen, sharpie, head lamp, zip ties, large black garbage bags, US Military neckerchief, bottle of water, inhaler for asthma, extra bandana, disposable wet lens cloths, 1st aid kit & Bic lighter.

**Not sure I've ever brought them both at the same time.

3 'Small Kits' move to whatever bag I'm carrying that day

-1. TP Needs:
Toilet Paper (not a huge wad but enough to get the job done twice in case I have to use it and forget to restock), portable pack of flushable wipes (found these are handy from what they are made for to wiping a seat in an emergency - don't knock it till you try it), few bounty kitchen paper towels & Hand Sanitizer.

-2. Electrical Needs:
A/C to USB adapter, 12v D/C to USB adapter (cigaret plug in), earbuds, cord for phone & cord for older iPods.

-3. Medical/Catch All bag:
Prescription Meds for 3 days, over the counter meds for myself and my 2 ladies (Advil, Tylenol, Excedrine Migraine, Sudafed, Benadryl and Midol), set of ear plugs, nitrate gloves x 2 sets, toothpicks with floss on them, single doses of Oragel topical anesthetic, 3xAAA batteries, 8 quarters and I think that's it without digging into it. (Used to keep a $10, $5 & 5x$1s but gave that up till I have extra income)

+
These items get moved back and forth to the bag I'm taking:
- prescription glasses JIC (not an item I wear except for very bad weather or sometimes night driving in unfamiliar areas & to the shooting range), leatherman Wave w/led 2xAAA mini mag in a pouch, extra set of keys, good tweezers, nail clippers, emery board for nails, small pad & pen combo.

None of the above is part of my GHB or Trunk Bag - that seemed like it needed its own thread...

Criticize or post your stuff - it's all good =).

You really are not playing around, well prepared.

I currently do not EDC my handgun as I'm waiting for my CCW permit to arrive and I don't feel like open carrying. I feel it would do more harm than good (making pedestrians uneasy, red flag for any potential threat, etc.)

BUT, when I do EDC, I will carry my Smith & Wesson M&P Shield 9mm Performance Center, and an extra mag inside my waistband.

I need to go through and update mine. I would really like a new sling bag for everyday use in my truck. small compact and easy to carry with all the essentials in it.

My problem is I can't find the one that I like. o_O

When you said sling bag I pictured. :)

images.jpg
62315826.jpg

Amazon.com: Red Rock Outdoor Gear Rambler Sling Pack, Acu: Sports & Outdoors

This is the little bit larger version. thought about getting small one for wife and this one for me.

I'd get anything but the camo for stealth personally. Love the used badlands bag I got cheap but sometimes hunter realtree camo stands out.

My bag has been discontinued, I just haven't spent the time and money to ship it too them for a replacement - but it will still be in a hunter camo color....

Nice load out Joe. Only thing I would suggest is add some fire cord.

Edc I don't carry much. Mostly my xds, flashlight, wallet, keys, and a knife.

In my truck I do keep my civilized pack. I call it that because it's not geared to bug out. Just get back home. It contains rain coat and rain pants, two MRE meals, a bunch of water, a fleece jacket, a blanket, work gloves, small med kit, extra ponchos. This bag is more because I transport my son and water, food, n warmth are top priority.

My bug out bag is always loaded but if I have to use it...Then that's bad. Lol. It's more for serious threats and having a cushion while in the woods for about a week. Less if my son is with me. I'm not gonna make a list. It's set up well in combination with my tomahawk and some gas mask on its outside. Its belt is set up for my AK mags.

My medical bag can stop mild bleeding, but is primarily for keeping people healthy and prevention of diseases.

Body armor and other gear are also on hand.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews