JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So it is looking more and more like any job I take will be based in OR no matter how much I want to stay in WA.

In the spirit of I will be employed someday, I have started to put some thought into a EDC/Bug Home Bag that I can take from the house to the car and then into work with me (all my backpacks are hunter camo'ed and I don't want the attention). Nor do I want to spend a fortune for another ultra comfy hiking/hunting bag so I found this on Amazon:

Exos Bravo Tactical Assault Backpack Rucksack. Great as a Bug Out Bag, Daypack, or Go Bag; for Hiking, or Camping. Molle equipped & hydration pack ready (Black) Amazon.com : Exos Bravo Tactical Assault Backpack Rucksack. Great as a Bug Out Bag, Daypack, or Go Bag; for Hiking, or Camping. Molle equipped & hydration pack ready (Black) : Sports & Outdoors

Best price to quality I can find as of now and it has 111 reviews, almost all positive.

I don't want anything bigger but not much smaller either if anyone knows of something. I like the idea of a sling bag but if I'm walking home I would rather have a full sized backpack - I haul a bunch of junk.

Gun compartments are not needed as I will be mounting a safe in the car because the places I've been applying aren't going to be happy with me taking a gun out of the car anyway.

Any ideas would be nice. I don't want to buy from china but can't afford a $150 pack for awhile.

(all my backpacks are hunter camo'ed and I don't want the attention).
You will draw attention with camo or a bag like you linked. A few years ago I was in the market for a new backpack. Being a "prepper" I was looking at a camo bag. The sales guy then told me that camo and tactical looking packs tend to draw the eyes of LEO's, security and people in general. I have an EDC and it is a bag that a typical soccer mom would carry. There is nothing in appearance that would make anyone think I have supplies and survival gear in there. The bag you linked says prepper to me. It tells me that you will have stuff in there that I would find useful if SHTF. I would not mug you but if I know then so will others.

You will draw attention with camo or a bag like you linked. A few years ago I was in the market for a new backpack. Being a "prepper" I was looking at a camo bag. The sales guy then told me that camo and tactical looking packs tend to draw the eyes of LEO's, security and people in general. I have an EDC and it is a bag that a typical soccer mom would carry. There is nothing in appearance that would make anyone think I have supplies and survival gear in there. The bag you linked says prepper to me. It tells me that you will have stuff in there that I would find useful if SHTF. I would not mug you but if I know then so will others.

Great point:cool:

My wife actually pointed that out as well oddly enough - she has zero interest in prepping but I have got her to get a plastic tub to at least have things in the car she may need during her days at work ok the outside chance she needs them. I'd elaborate but her job is unique and not something I can advertise.

Been looking thru my kids old school backpacks but almost all have pink or purple on them everywhere so that might look funny on me :D:D.

Most Leo's I have met and know don't care. It is usually the wanna be security guard that I watch out for. If a leo cares then chances are you are doing something wrong and illegal and shouldn't be doing it anyway.

As for the rest I agree. Being inconspicuous is a good thing.;)

You know its funny but ever since the first gulf war I associate tan with the military. I am guessing but I bet just your plain ordinary black would be the most inconspicuous.

You know its funny but ever since the first gulf war I associate tan with the military. I am guessing but I bet just your plain ordinary black would be the most inconspicuous.

If they offered that smaller one in black that would be my first choice. The Tan makes me think of Mil Issue too. Just not as much as the different camo. Wonder how hard it would be to die a tan one black?

Well if I'm Portland I suppose I could grab a bicycle helmet and I could wear a colorful bag and blend right in without issue:p

Haven't been in a while, but you might check if a local goodwill store might have anything of use. Used to be pennies in the retail value, selection varied (obviously), depending on donated items.

If they offered that smaller one in black that would be my first choice. The Tan makes me think of Mil Issue too. Just not as much as the different camo. Wonder how hard it would be to die a tan one black?

My guess is it wouldn't be worth the hassle. knowing my luck it would turn out looking like a tan and black camo :D

My 2017 EDC Updated.

Criticize or post your stuff - it's all good =).

I would add a few things to stop moderate to severe bleeding. A SWAT-T tourniquet is only $10 and the size of a small wallet. I always have one in my pants and several more in the cars. It is a wide rubber strip that you Stretch, Wrap And Tuck to cut off circulation or just wrap around a wound to act as a pressure bandage. Some Celox powder is also recommended for head gashes or smaller bleeding wounds. Finally you can never have enough gauze in your medical bags.

And flashlights. One on you, one in each car and one in each large bag.

Last Edited:
when you said "EDC" at first i thought you meant electric daisy carnival, lol!!

EDC Las Vegas | June 16–18, 2017 | Las Vegas Motor Speedway

c3549d16.gif

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews