JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Went deer hunting around Republic, WA - GMU's 204 and 101. Got skunked. Saw a whitetail running up the hillside, but didn't have a clear view of it, let alone a clear shot. Heard a cougar down in a draw I was hunting, but too stupid to realize what it was until I met my hunting partner afterward. Ran across a likely wolf (or coyote) kill - deer parts and poop all over the place.

Fun times, all the same.

Got a 4x5 a couple of weeks ago near Wenatchee.

deer.jpg

deer.jpg

Skunked! 4 days in a valley east of Wheeler (Or. coast) and on day 3 we realized we had a cougar very close by in the valley. Lots and lots of elk sign. But we found about 500 yards from camp: 1 deer kill 2 weeks old, 1 cow elk kill (fresh, patially eaten). Both kills only 100 ft apart. Buddy saw cougar run from the elk on last morning. Funny there was no small game in that valley... Also made me cringe thinking about the KFC bones that 'may' have been flung in the bushes that first night :huh: . If anyone wants a cat rug here's the google map co-ords and I can give more specifics if needed: N45 43.187 W123 42.844
Rich

I had the privileged of hunting with my busy adult kids this year. We only saw one buck, my daughter kicked him up and he ran my direction. She carried a hind quarter out in her cute little REI pack, it will never be the same. My boys were too far away on this 2 mile hunt through a road less section to help with the chores. Had a great time camping and hunting. I used a Kimber Montana in .308, she carries a Model 70 Featherweight in 6.5 Swede, both topped with Leupold.
2012MuleDeerwithAshley.jpg
BarkRiverHunstmanatwork.jpg
benchmadenimravusatwork.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the privileged of hunting with my busy adult kids this year. We only saw one buck, my daughter kicked him up and he ran my direction. She carried a hind quarter out in her cute little REI pack, it will never be the same. My boys were too far away on this 2 mile hunt through a road less section to help with the chores. Had a great time camping and hunting. I used a Kimber Montana in .308, she carries a Model 70 Featherweight in 6.5 Swede, both topped with Leupold.
2012MuleDeerwithAshley.jpg
BarkRiverHunstmanatwork.jpg
benchmadenimravusatwork.jpg

Looks tasty! Nice looking buck!

Last edited by a moderator:
now it is time to start getting excited about elk season! i seen about 10 of them last time i was out deer hunting, as far as i could tell they were all cows. not to mention all the other animals we saw during this deer season. 25+ deer the only other 2 bucks were on private property on our way up to our spot. also a few coyotes, a few porcupines, a bobcat and a grouse.
there are definately alot of animals out there if you are in the right spot.

I got skunked this year. I did have a chance at a little fork. He startled me as much as I startled him though. I did see a lot more rubs, trails, tracks and poo than I have other years. Unfortunately none of that tastes good on a dinner plate :D

Thanks Taprackngo... it has been good eating. I gave equal shares to all the kids and they have invited friends to dinner. Sharing the bounty here in Eugene.

All right I'll play I shot this doe opening morning first legal thing I seen 44 mag 1 shot at 40 yards hand cast bullet 310grn RNFP and hand loaded at 1300 fps w/ my scoped ruger redhawk only 1 mile from the truck

All right I'll play I shot this doe opening morning first legal thing I seen 44 mag 1 shot at 40 yards hand cast bullet 310grn RNFP and hand loaded at 1300 fps w/ my scoped ruger redhawk only 1 mile from the truck

Looks nice and tender. Way to go!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads