JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That was my son's first, on the mentored youth program to boot. He was thrilled to say the least. He gets his own tags next year, and I'm back to bowhunting for the next 6 years. My friend called me at 8:30 one night:
"What are you doing?"
"At archery practice."
"Remember that hole you showed me way up there?"
"Yes?"
"I'm in the bottom of it, trying to drag out a buck. Stepped into a rotten log and twisted my knee."
"See you in a half hour.."

Weighing in late here, but I popped a 2x3 point muley over on the Snake River breaks south of Pullman on Day 2 of the season. One shot, 350 yards (according to the range finder) across a canyon.
No good photos, alas.

Marlin .30-06 with 180-grain Nosler AccuTip bullet, handload over 57 grains of Hodgdon Hybrid 100V powder. Good eats.

This is my 2012 buck I lucked into. hunted hard. and with 1hr and 15min left on the last day of extended I found this fine fella

P1010381.jpg

P1010382.jpg

Not sure what he had been eating. but Im eating some of him right now. momma makes a real good deer meatloaf. The thing that gets me is Ive been hunting this area for years, and he looks pretty mature. so just how long has he been eluding me and everyone else? still think I got real lucky, but Ill take them as they come..

I got nothin on all you guys & gals, but my first blacktail was an early morning hunt on Sat 11-17-12 from Sequim, Wa. during the late modern firearms hunt.
I bumped him out of his bed around 7:45 am after walking about 400 yards into a 100 x 500 yard clearcut, it was a foggy, rainy, and windy morning.
I dropped him with a 280 Rem @ 60 yards with a 150 grn core lokt hand-load, then it was a 320 yard drag to the road right before mother nature let loose with a 20 minute cloudburst.
He was about 140-150 on the hoof, it was a great hunt and a satisfactory buck, a small 3x2.
FSCN0600.jpg

FSCN0600.jpg

Weighing in late here, but I popped a 2x3 point muley over on the Snake River breaks south of Pullman on Day 2 of the season. One shot, 350 yards (according to the range finder) across a canyon.
No good photos, alas.

Marlin .30-06 with 180-grain Nosler AccuTip bullet, handload over 57 grains of Hodgdon Hybrid 100V powder. Good eats.

Congrats, Dave!

I got nothin on all you guys & gals, but my first blacktail was an early morning hunt on Sat 11-17-12 from Sequim, Wa. during the late modern firearms hunt.
I bumped him out of his bed around 7:45 am after walking about 400 yards into a 100 x 500 yard clearcut, it was a foggy, rainy, and windy morning.
I dropped him with a 280 Rem @ 60 yards with a 150 grn core lokt hand-load, then it was a 320 yard drag to the road right before mother nature let loose with a 20 minute cloudburst.
He was about 140-150 on the hoof, it was a great hunt and a satisfactory buck, a small 3x2.
View attachment 49589

Not a bad first effort at all. He will taste much better than tree bark. I've gotten several that looked just like him over the years. :D

Here is my last day Missouri River Breaks Buck. He is not heavy or wide but very tall and symetrical. Overall it was very tough hunting with very few shooter bucks encountered. Under the circumstances I felt very lucky to harvest this buck. It was my first animal with my new Kimber Montana in 280 AI. I shot him at 413yds after waiting for him to stand up out of his bed. P.S. Those are all great deer fellas!
IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_1774.jpg

IMG_0402.JPG I am new to this site . Here is a pic of Mine. Steens!
We got 4 for 5 and hunted hard...for days. 300 wsm ...perfect! I hunted with some younger guys and I had a great hunt. The two deer in the pic were killed from the same thicket about 10 seconds apart. 2 hunters, 2 guys with spotting scopes. we were able to put the sneak on em from above.
Of course they were down in a hole. Great trip
IMG_0405.JPG

20121005_065529.jpg

IMG_0402.JPG

IMG_0405.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA