JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
what we choose to put into our bodies IS a right.. and NOWHERE is FedGov given any say so about that. Thus these two are pretty similar at root. With our guns, government are commanded to leave them along. WIth or food, they are never told to do anything, Thus the default is that it IS our right.
Great point!

If we go back and look at the original story, can't help but think about the grief and horror of the families. The woman that saw her husband murdered in front of her may well relive the scene in her mind until the end of her days.

And what of the friends and family members of the murderer? Certainly, they aren't responsible for his actions, but is there some greater responsibility to society to get these people off the streets when they exhibit dangerous behavior?

If one looks at county jail booking photo websites, I'm always struck how different those booked for Meth typically look. They generally look to be in absolutely horrible condition. And have either super sad expressions on their face, or a totally inappropriate weird expression, like this dude's booking pic below. While his physical condition does not appear to be that bad, can one really still argue that Meth has not totally messed him up?

methmana.jpg

methmana.jpg

Though this thread has done the Segue Two Step, from the original post, I would like to comment on Just one Thought that has been presented . . .

what we put in our bodies . . .
And now I will finish that Statement, in a Constitutional Method:

"Ends at the beginning of My Nose" . . . I have the Right to practice my Religion, the ~druggies~ It is said have a right to injest products . . . And ~that Right~ ends when they are incompetent in their affairs . . . Where as I can continue my Spiritual Beliefs, as they only bring about a better citizen.

If anyone ~Thinks~ it was all liberty when the Constitution was adopted (Remember we had a Federation before that) then they do not understand that some of the first uses of police force concept was due to out of control citizens, and so the Town Constable was created, along with his ability to select Citizens to Assist him, in bringing Back law & order,

Fast forward to Mayberry, and the town drunk . . .

All the discussions in the world about it being our Right to injest anything is a Moot Point when the Regular Results of injesting is Non-Acceptable behavior as seen by the Citizens, for their common good.

MJ, a ~seemingly harmless~ As stated so often, is Not the MJ of the 60's it has been changed through hybrid technology and is therefore much easier to become affected by it, and is ADDICTIVE with use, comes more use and MORE USE, etc.

First hand experience of being a caregiver to someone who felt the "need" for Medical MJ . . . I watched him go Downhill in his prognosis, and he soon realized I was not his Friend anymore, ONLY HE had changed, Not Me. He brought in fellow Pot Smokers, and I was gone . . . And I am glad to be away from the place, I only fear for the elementary aged school children brought into the house . . .

Yes, practice your ~Freedom~ but it ends at anyone Else's Nose, their "Zone" should never be Affected by Your Zone.

philip . . . Who laughed about that ~Edge~ and driving the race car . . . :eek: :confused: :oops: :rolleyes: :cool:

Phil, I'm not saying one is better or worse than the other when it comes to pot or drink-
Having partaking in both.
I personally am/was a one hit wonder what the heck, one hit and I'm wondering,, what the heck did I do that for?

But on the other hand, left to just these two vices, I believe alcohol is a far worse addiction/vice/problem than MJ

I've seen far to many family's torn asunder by alcoholic parents, siblings and partners than potheads.

Get whiskey drunk with 10 chaps and it's a guarantee that a brawl will transpire.
Whereas, get those same 10 chaps stoned and it turns into a situation where the worst that happens is you run out of chips or other munchies.

Well there you have it Phil, my personal take on pot, there for all my fellow members to ridicule, condone or other,,,
I could give two turds.

BUT, a meth head is the worst thing to hit the streets that I've ever personally seen in my short, but elustrious life.

Sorry to get on a soap box Phil, (and other members) but I've seen far more stupid in a drunk fool, than a stoned one.

This is just my humble opinion, but unless someone can show me actual facts and quote their source as far as domestic home violence, disorderly drinking conduct in public and death behind the wheel that it's worse than MJ, I'm sticking to it.

Well excuse me now while I retrieve another (Bub~wieser) from the fridge, damn I do love my beer though.

Earlier this week two homes in Veneta ( just west of Eugene ) were invaded by an armed intruder with a long history of alcohol and drug addiction at 5am in the morning. In the first home that was attacked, the couple living in the home managed to safely hide inside a bathroom, and thus escaped any harm. Apparently frustrated, the armed man then went to the house next door, and broke into it.

There, he confronted both the husband & wife living there, fatally shooting the husband, and inflicting serious, life-threatening gunshot wounds on his wife. The wife managed to escape and run outside while screaming for help, and collapsed on the front lawn. She was last reported to still be in serious condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Springfield, and is fortunately expected to survive. The exact extent of her injuries have not been reported.

For some unknown reason, the intruder gunmen apparently put his handgun to his head and committed suicide, shortly after shooting the couple.

The gunman is known to have been a long time alcoholic and drug addict. Although friends said that he was really not a bad person at all, and had only recently begun taking "bad" drugs. Previously, he had only abused alcohol and marijuana. He had not been able to hold any jobs, even being fired within a day or two of starting a job. There are claims that he made money dealing marijuana, although police could not verify that report.

The second household did have a marijuana grow in its backyard. And the gunman apparently did know the couple. Police believe that he was out to steal marijuana to sell. It is not known why he first went into the house next door, unless he perhaps was confused about the address, or confused by being drunk or high on drugs.

So the aftermath? One couple terrorized in fear of their life, and forced to hide in a bathroom. The other couple left with one dead, and the other severely injured. There is nothing in local news reports to indicate that either family owned firearms. Both families appear to have been unarmed, despite living in an area where police response is known for being very slow.

The Eugene Register Guard is a completely worthless rag. And people who do not have the courage or good sense to defend themselves these days, basically deserve what they get , pretty simple stuff ! Pretty obvious the police agencies cannot and do not defend anybody any longer or the courts for that matter in many cases. We are all on our own merits and demerits as the case may be going forward, and that has been true for a long while. Nut up or suffer !

Meanwhile, our local newspaper paints the gunman as being a "troubled" man. The killer leaves behind 4 children, from a number of different women.

Here is a link to the initial reporting about the home invasions:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...-condition-following-veneta-shooting.html.csp

Here is a link to the follow-up report about the murderer:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...-with-addiction-longtime-friend-says.html.csp

If you are BLOCKING certain members, if They Post FIRST, YOU will only see #2, or in my case, #3 as #'s 1 & 2, are still on my block list . . .

And Yes, I do Edit my BLOCK LIST, if I see changes in view points, or, Gee, it may Have Been a Bad Day For ME . . . No, I haven't had one of those since that Rocket land 25 Yards from me in Tay Ninh . . . I was going to the EM Showers, dressed in a towel & Flip Flops, hit the Ground, did what my Drill Sargent would have rated as a 99/100 for One Hundred MPH Low Crawl, but I digress,

Hit your Show BLOCKED MEMBERS , BOTTOM OF LAST POST

philip
I was in Tay Ninh and rubber tree plantations numerous times 11th ACR 68-69. Also went into Cambodia flying many times as well and shot down twice !

The Eugene Register Guard is a completely worthless rag. And people who do not have the courage or good sense to defend themselves these days, basically deserve what they get , pretty simple stuff ! Pretty obvious the police agencies cannot and do not defend anybody any longer or the courts for that matter in many cases. We are all on our own merits and demerits as the case may be going forward, and that has been true for a long while. Nut up or suffer !

I don't know why you chose to insert your reply to my post into your quote of what I said. People might get the misimpression that I made the above statement, and not you. Hopefully this was a simple mistake on your part.

Please, if you ever want to reply to any of my posts, make sure that you separate your response from my post, so that people can easily determine who the author is. I would appreciate it if you do not embed your response into my post, as you have done here.

Eugene Register Guard is a worthless rag. I do not feel sorry for anybody who does not have the courage or presence of mind to defend themselves these day given all the obvious malfeasance and bad acts so reaidly prevalent in our society. Pretty obvious the pollce agencies cannot and do not protect hardly anybody nor do the courts. so we are all on our own merits and or demerits as the case may be ! And yes it will get far worse before it gets any better so why do anything less than defend yourself and your family ? Our laws mean nothing any longer, more like political tools to be used selectively for a false purpose.

I don't know why you chose to insert your reply to my post into your quote of what I said. People might get the misimpression that I made the above statement, and not you. Hopefully this was a simple mistake on your part.

Please, if you ever want to reply to any of my posts, make sure that you separate your response from my post, so that people can easily determine who the author is. I would appreciate it if you do not embed your response into my post, as you have done here.
I simply hit reply and that is all , no intent or purpose ! Calm down and relax, all is well in USSA today !

I simply hit reply and that is all , no intent or purpose ! Calm down and relax, all is well in USSA today !

I realized that. That is why I mentioned that this was indeed probably an accident on your part.

I just wanted to make it absolutely clear that your comments were separate from mine, and not part of my viewpoint. One does not have to get excited, in order to want to have clarification. I simply want to be associated with my own statements, and not those of anyone else.

Surely you can understand that.

This has turned out to not be a Merry Christmas at all for this poor, unfortunate couple.

The tragedy has now become even worse, as the wife has now died of her gunshot wounds, 10 days after her husband was also murdered by the same man.

The county sheriff's office has announced that a blood test confirmed that the murderer was high on methamphetamine when he committed the two home invasions. They said that the killer engaged in very bizarre behavior, screaming and firing shots into the ceiling at the first home he invaded. They also revealed that while the couple in the first house initially hid in their bathroom, at some point the husband decided to come out and fought with the intruder hand to hand. He managed to somehow beat him up enough to get him out of their home. However, he did not disarm him. The killer still had his handgun.

The murderer then went next door to the Moss-Aleckson home, where he appears to have immediately shot both the husband and the wife on sight.

A friend told the press that both Moss and Aleckson were very well liked and had lots of friends. They had been married for 10 years.

This is indeed a most sad and tragic tale. Nice people, minding their own business asleep in their home, brutally murdered. I have got to believe that meth played a major role in this.

Here is a link to today's updated news report with this sad development:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...h-in-his-system-sheriffs-office-says.html.csp

Last Edited:
The druggies and alcoholics are victims right ? since it is all diseases correct ? so we should be kind and supportive of their malady and treat them so they will be nice guys no matter how many chances or horrid events they may cause for others as well as themselves ?

Complete and utter nonsense to be sure, but this has been the popular mantra for decades and it has of course only gotten far worse. wonder why ?

It is all about choices and decisions we all make, everything is. Including our health, fitness and overall well being ! no rocket science involved at all.

Well, this case has now taken a most usual turn, with the release of addition information from the Lane County Sheriff.

It turns out that the Sheriff's department has reported that they seized a significant amount of both marijuana and methamphetamine at the residence of the murdered couple. Amounts that they said were beyond what one would normally expect for just personal consumption. They also found scales and baggies that they said were consistent with engaging in drug distribution.

Police now believe that meth and/or marijuana were being illegally distributed from the home.

Here is a link to a news report with this shocking revelation:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...ooting-occurred-court-documents-show.html.csp

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top