JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Frankly, it's more common for someone that has had a few drinks to smoke pot than it is for someone smoking pot to start drinking.
Completely the opposite. More likely for someone smoking pot that has cotton mouth to start drinking also. As we all like liquids.
Not everyone likes to smoke though.
This kind of violence and drug addiction and alcoholism will never be stopped.These will alway be,and have been forever part of human life.
Nothing we do ,except be aware of who's at the door and around us and be armed,will stop it.
And all the government can do is mop up after the fact and try to put some of the bad people in jail.

Would have been a different story if he landed in my living room. Headline would have read:

"Troubled man missing, whereabouts unknown"

And the Red-Guard didn't want to talk about what a success SB 941 was in stopping this attack? Color me Shocked :eek:

350,000,000 million illegal firearms would make for one huge azz black market, so ban away Ohole. My condolences to this family and hopefully they can recover as much as possible after this assault, but as a person who owns and uses firearms for fun and safety, that piece of human garbage would've maybe made the living room, maybe. Just sayin.

Exactly right, that is something the Eugene liberals will never understand and they knew the scumbag that attacked them.

Not all that area is like that Tits, this area is more akin to a logging community than Berkeley Oregon.
Notice that the man killed was a truck driver.
Most of the truck drivers I know are more the gun owning types,, perhaps their recent acquaintance with the killer due to familiarity or the early AM time allowed this POS to get the jump on him? Who knows.
Not disagreeing with you, just saying.

one wonders if a black market for marijuana will still not exist.
At least as much as always has been - and for three primary reasons:
1. Legalization primarily benefits middle and upper classes who can now purchase legally and no longer have to resort to 'street' purchases. The lower classes will still want less expensive pot and will continue to buy off the 'street'.
2. With as slipshod and archaic as this whole 'legalization' seems to be make no mistake - legal dealers will no doubt purchase from whoever they can get product from - legal or otherwise.
3. Lastly for States where pot remains illegal the black market will continue without skipping a beat.

What's the answer then?
What makes you think there is an answer?
We are obsessed with solutions. Sometimes there just isn't one.
Everyone here will agree there is not much you can do to stop a crazy person from getting a gun and shoot a bunch of people.
We use that as an example to be used against gun control.
Why is this topic any different?
Crazy people do crazy stuff.
And let's be real here. Are you seriously comparing pot to heroine?
I'm laughing.

Yes, legalization of Marijuana was supposed to be a good thing. But now that people can grow their own marijuana, are they not also going to make themselves a possible target for thieves and robbers, who will want to take their pot?

I would think that anyone growing marijuana would want to own a firearm for protection.

With all of the government regulation and taxes that are in place, one wonders if a black market for marijuana will still not exist.
There is a black market for everything. Always has been and always will be.
Electronics, cigarettes, weapons, liquor. You name it. It's on the black market.

Here we go again blaming evil behavior on something else. Just like the pencil for misspelled words, the spoon for Rosie O'Donnell's bloated condition or guns for mass murder.
I'm not giving a pass for a person being an idiot. I know these folks needed to have a gun to kill the fool. I'm just stating that I don't like drugs and I think legalizing weed was stupid. I think all drugs that are illegal or abused is sad. But Oregon is full of them. Along with other states. Of course they will never talk about this event in the news and state the guy was on drugs. If he was. I think that if a person is growing pot, they are asking for trouble. Don't agree with me. I'd rather you didn't.

I think legalizing weed was stupid.
SO do I. All my life I have been listening to the potential ADVANTAGES of legalizing EG tax advantages, stopping the black market etc. but NOW I see the GREATER disadvantages - at least keeping it ILLEGAL was a 'line in the sand' albeit weak but it was a point of definition.

I guess we all have different levels of compassion and forgiveness. I don't give people a break for doing something horrendous because they were drunk or on drugs. I don't think people should be forgiven because someone "radicalized" them either. Sounds like others feel fine with blaming drugs, circumstance, or someone else instead of the D-bag for what they do. Sorry state of affairs if you ask me.

I was discussing this with someone in my Church, the Murder occurred in a rural area, not like "downtown" Venta . . . Those from Eugene, please stop laughing, it is interrupting my point.

I enter as evidence a satellite overlay on the roads . . . Why I bring this up, is by the Crow, I am within 10 miles of this . . .

And used to think: "Rural = safety" not anymore ! ! !

So the map . . .

image.jpeg

philip

image.jpeg

I was discussing this with someone in my Church, the Murder occurred in a rural area, not like "downtown" Venta . . . Those from Eugene, please stop laughing, it is interrupting my point.

I enter as evidence a satellite overlay on the roads . . . Why I bring this up, is by the Crow, I am within 10 miles of this . . .

And used to think: "Rural = safety" not anymore ! ! !

So the map . . .

View attachment 269303

philip

The problem that we have in much of Lane County is that other than inside the city limits of both Eugene and Springfield, a homeowner really cannot count on a fast police response time if they dial 911.

Most of the rest of the county is covered by the Lane County Sheriff's Department, whose patrol services have been cut back to ridiculously low levels in recent years. While a tax increase was past by voters to increase funding for the county jail ( which is also operated by the Sheriff ), nothing has been done so far to address the funding crisis for the Sheriff Patrols.

This is not just a problem here in Lane County either. Many County Sheriff Departments in Oregon are in the same financial boat

So in lots of places in Oregon, when you dial 911 when trouble comes to your door, you are going to have a very long time to wait before any help arrives.

You are going to be all on your own for quite awhile.

Said it before and I'll stand by it:

Make it all legal and let Darwin sort it out...

Drugs (including alcohol you boozers:p) are not the issue, poverty is the issue.

Poverty breeds ignorance and then becomes self perpetuating.

Drugs (including alcohol you boozers:p) are not the issue, poverty is the issue.

What do you mean? My bourbon doesn't get a pass?
That's racist! Right?

It doesn't take much to read between the lines on this story: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/in-missouri-fewer-gun-restrictions-and-more-gun-killings/ar-BBnMSo2.

Although I disagree that some "thing" makes people criminals, there is a connection when there is no guidance. Doesn't make the person blameless, but it does show how people can drive others to lower depths.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top