JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Earlier this week two homes in Veneta ( just west of Eugene ) were invaded by an armed intruder with a long history of alcohol and drug addiction at 5am in the morning. In the first home that was attacked, the couple living in the home managed to safely hide inside a bathroom, and thus escaped any harm. Apparently frustrated, the armed man then went to the house next door, and broke into it.

There, he confronted both the husband & wife living there, fatally shooting the husband, and inflicting serious, life-threatening gunshot wounds on his wife. The wife managed to escape and run outside while screaming for help, and collapsed on the front lawn. She was last reported to still be in serious condition at Sacred Heart Medical Center in Springfield, and is fortunately expected to survive. The exact extent of her injuries have not been reported.

For some unknown reason, the intruder gunmen apparently put his handgun to his head and committed suicide, shortly after shooting the couple.

The gunman is known to have been a long time alcoholic and drug addict. Although friends said that he was really not a bad person at all, and had only recently begun taking "bad" drugs. Previously, he had only abused alcohol and marijuana. He had not been able to hold any jobs, even being fired within a day or two of starting a job. There are claims that he made money dealing marijuana, although police could not verify that report.

The second household did have a marijuana grow in its backyard. And the gunman apparently did know the couple. Police believe that he was out to steal marijuana to sell. It is not known why he first went into the house next door, unless he perhaps was confused about the address, or confused by being drunk or high on drugs.

So the aftermath? One couple terrorized in fear of their life, and forced to hide in a bathroom. The other couple left with one dead, and the other severely injured. There is nothing in local news reports to indicate that either family owned firearms. Both families appear to have been unarmed, despite living in an area where police response is known for being very slow.

Meanwhile, our local newspaper paints the gunman as being a "troubled" man. The killer leaves behind 4 children, from a number of different women.

Here is a link to the initial reporting about the home invasions:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...-condition-following-veneta-shooting.html.csp

Here is a link to the follow-up report about the murderer:

http://registerguard.com/rg/news/lo...-with-addiction-longtime-friend-says.html.csp

Last Edited:
Where's #1?

th?id=OIP.M4fd96225ae81f5097720a0a4cce32b89o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=349&h=182.jpg

Surprisingly, the Register Guard newspaper did not use this incident to complain about gun violence, or mention any need for gun control either.

The killer had a criminal history, but they may have all just been misdemeanors. Although an addiction to marijuana would have technically made it illegal for him to purchase a firearm from a dealer.

Veneta is well outside of Eugene's city limits. The Lane County Sheriff is responsible for patrolling the area, and they have very limited resources. Calling 911 could result in a very long wait time.

If you are BLOCKING certain members, if They Post FIRST, YOU will only see #2, or in my case, #3 as #'s 1 & 2, are still on my block list . . .

And Yes, I do Edit my BLOCK LIST, if I see changes in view points, or, Gee, it may Have Been a Bad Day For ME . . . No, I haven't had one of those since that Rocket land 25 Yards from me in Tay Ninh . . . I was going to the EM Showers, dressed in a towel & Flip Flops, hit the Ground, did what my Drill Sargent would have rated as a 99/100 for One Hundred MPH Low Crawl, but I digress,

Hit your Show BLOCKED MEMBERS , BOTTOM OF LAST POST

philip

Horrible.
Very sad.
But this is what drugs gives us.
Legalize drugs and you get more and more of this.

Yes, legalization of Marijuana was supposed to be a good thing. But now that people can grow their own marijuana, are they not also going to make themselves a possible target for thieves and robbers, who will want to take their pot?

I would think that anyone growing marijuana would want to own a firearm for protection.

With all of the government regulation and taxes that are in place, one wonders if a black market for marijuana will still not exist.

If you are BLOCKING certain members, if They Post FIRST, YOU will only see #2, or in my case, #3 as #'s 1 & 2, are still on my block list . . .

And Yes, I do Edit my BLOCK LIST, if I see changes in view points, or, Gee, it may Have Been a Bad Day For ME . . . No, I haven't had one of those since that Rocket land 25 Yards from me in Tay Ninh . . . I was going to the EM Showers, dressed in a towel & Flip Flops, hit the Ground, did what my Drill Sargent would have rated as a 99/100 for One Hundred MPH Low Crawl, but I digress,

Hit your Show BLOCKED MEMBERS , BOTTOM OF LAST POST

philip
WTF?

I'm not sure why our paper has given the killer far more attention in its reporting than the victims. That seems sort of backassward to me. Here is a photo of him: he is the fellow on the left:

Probably for the same reason you posted all the information about the killer, even his picture and nothing about the victims.

All the information was there, but you didn't post it either, choosing instead to celebrate the violence.

Wesley Moss was the mans name who lost his life by the way... and his wife Debra Aleckson was also seriously injured. Perhaps they deserve a line.

For some unknown reason, the intruder gunmen apparently put his handgun to his head and committed suicide, shortly after shooting the couple.

The gunman is known to have been a long time alcoholic and drug addict.

1+1=2. Lost as usual in "leftist speak" is that there are a whole lot of unstable folks amongst us. Drug and alcohol abuse is a form of mental health disorders. More fodder for the anti's to work with... we must eliminate guns from those suffering these illnesses so they cannot hurt themselves and others.

Fast forward to Hillary's NWO, and this event reads:
After bludgeoning the couple to death the intruder unsuccessfully attempted to bash his own head in with the baseball bat. He's now stable and receiving state government health care. :rolleyes:

What's the answer then?
I don't know what the answer is, but I know for sure that answer is not to confiscate or ban guns. Nor is the answer to ban any other "thing" for that matter. In our anger, horror, and frustration over senseless murders and acts of violence we tend to look for a way to protect ourselves and others from the same circumstance. Unfortunately, the antis have jumped on that train as well and are blaming lawful gun owners, and try to restrict our rights because we can't stop people from committing evil acts. No, not having the answer does not mean that we should give up the right to self protection.

Oregon hunter, don't take this as an attack against you. The question you asked is one that all of us are asking. OK, I'll step off my soapbox now.

I question isn't about guns. It's about drugs. I know drugs will always be an issue. Does that mean we legalize heroin? Drugs caused this issue. Not guns.
We don't know that. It doesn't say that he was high or drunk, or that he was trying to steal from the couple. Frankly, it's more common for someone that has had a few drinks to smoke pot than it is for someone smoking pot to start drinking.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating for one or the other. Just saying that we don't know the motives of the murderer. And that's what this is, a murder.

Common connection- he knew the second couple.
He didn't know the first.
It's the rarer case when it is a random break in/murder.

Nothing was stolen from the first residence, AND he killed himself AFTER the second.

There are far more questions than answers at this time.
I'm sitting in a front room in Welches celebrating an early Christmas with the kids and Grandkids, my daughter and son in law live close to this crime scene and as of yet they know as much as we do.
Unless he was flat out insane or off some type of medication, chances are that he went to the first home by mistake.

The hard parts are the husband being dead (at the hand of the intruder) his wife being shot, the neighbors being terrorized, and the four kids being left without a father.

As to why? Anything else is just speculation right now.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top