JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I noticed locally here Walmart is locking up all their ammo making getting it harder, you got find some guy and have him open the case and check you out there or walk up to the counter.

I went to BiMart and took ammo right off the shelf, well they also keep heavy ammo in back like anything over shotguns and 22's are behind the counter I had to ask for my 185g 40's but that always been like that here.

I was surprised Wallyworld was making it harder to get ammo.

In reality the ammo is cheaper at Bimart.

"Show me any union member that isn't a lazy jackass? There isn't any such thing".

I would love to invite you to come work with me for the day....

IRONWORKERS LOCAL 29

He should tell that to the IBEW linemen working on restoring his power in the next snow/ice storm. I'll bet he gets his power turned back on right after they kick his a$$. I've worked 100' in the air when it was snowing sideways and 3 times the pay still wouldn't be enough to get me to do it again.

I noticed locally here Walmart is locking up all their ammo making getting it harder, you got find some guy and have him open the case and check you out there or walk up to the counter.

Locally, Wally World has the pistol and rifle ammo locked up, but shotgun shells are out on the shelf. Strange. I like Bi-mart better too.

This is a interesting thread. I don't want a under age illegal alien buying ammo anyway. So I don't understand the big deal. I wish all stores no matter how anti union would support my interest in guns. Just my two cents

Wow. That's a huge leap.

"...under age illegal alien buying ammo..." may be age-ist but cannot, by itself, be racist.

Careful with those assumptions ☺

With all this fun, I forgot to respond to the original message.

Here's an action plan for ya:
- If you don't like Wally World don't shop there
- If you want to do more, stand in the public space outside Wal-Mart with a cardboard sign that says, "Wal-Mart sucks because (insert reason here)"

Consumers vote with their feet. If they feel any store meets their needs they will come back. If they don't they won't.
I'm sure you continue to watch movies and TV shows that star and are produced by largely anti 2A people. I'm not telling you to stop watching them and you can stop telling me where to shop.

How's that for a deal? I think I can live with it.

P.S. I usually venture into a Wal-Mart at least once a year just to see if anything has changed.

People are the ultimate resource, particularly for a country like the United States.

Every time an immigrant crosses the border, the U.S. gets stronger.

Saying that the right to self defense ends at an imaginary line or only applies to people born on one side or the other of that line and then wailing about that right (in fact, even calling it a "right") is highly amusing and more than a little bit informative.

It tells me exactly where you stand on more than one issue.

where in the 2nd Admemment is that?

People are the ultimate resource, particularly for a country like the United States.

Every time an immigrant crosses the border, the U.S. gets stronger.

Saying that the right to self defense ends at an imaginary line or only applies to people born on one side or the other of that line and then wailing about that right (in fact, even calling it a "right") is highly amusing and more than a little bit informative.

It tells me exactly where you stand on more than one issue.

still waiting

LOL umm looks like some people are combining whiskey drinking with their posting !
I read like the last full page of posts and went WHAT?

I know we are gun toting people but umm can we try and make some sense and help break the stereotype LOLOL

Since union workers are reading this thread, I'm going to take the opportunity to ask a question. What is the issue with "right to work" legislation? I guess it is a large jump to think you are all democrats, but it seems that democrats are the party largely supported by unions. Democrats are currently whining to high hell (sorry, but true) about "right to work" legislation in Michigan. What is wrong with workers being able to choose whether or not they want to be represented by a union. If unions are as beneficial as their members seem to claim, then why are they worried about people having the right to "opt out"?
This is not meant to belittle union members here. I am not questioning your work ethics or anything else. I am just asking for your opinion. I have been threatened with losing my job twice in Oregon because I refused to join a union. Both times I was under 21 years old (so quite a while ago) and both times I refused to join the union, as I was working less than 25 hours a week at damn near minimum wage. The dues were not worth the benefits. I didn't get fired either time, but I did not enjoy the threat.
Thanks for your answers!

"What is the issue with "right to work" legislation?"

Supporters of right to work laws say that it's good for business when in fact states that have passed such laws have seen a decrease in average wages. It may be good for business owners and CEOs but there is very little trickle down. An employee who chooses not to join a union and pay dues still reaps the benefits of collective bargaining without contributing and is thus getting a free ride. If all employers were fair and cared about the welfare of their most important assets there would be no use for unions.

"What is the issue with "right to work" legislation?"

Supporters of right to work laws say that it's good for business when in fact states that have passed such laws have seen a decrease in average wages. It may be good for business owners and CEOs but there is very little trickle down. An employee who chooses not to join a union and pay dues still reaps the benefits of collective bargaining without contributing and is thus getting a free ride. If all employers were fair and cared about the welfare of their most important assets there would be no use for unions.

Fair enough, but shouldn't it be my right to negotiate my own compensation? If people want to band together to negotiate together, that's cool, but what if I want to negotiate for myself? If I am not a union member, what is forcing them to offer me the compensation negotiated for by the union?

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads