JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Your local FFL is tasked with the job to ensure that you have completed all requirement of Fed, State and local (if any) laws.....before turning over the firearm to you.

+++++

Inquiring minds want to know (so, don't take this personal)......

Are you asking because you've heard that there is a "loophole" when buying firearms from/through the internet?

OR

Are you one of those NEW gun owners that voted for I-1639......but didn't know what was in it?

Aloha, Mark

I'll just say a friend bought an AR 15 lower from out of state and had it shipped here. The FFL didn't check that he had the training that he can recall. He didn't know about the need for it himself so he didn't ask about it either. I'm just wondering if someone dropped the ball and who.

If it was not a rifle, then it could not possibly have been a semi automatic rifle. 1639 only applies to semi automatic rifles.

AR receivers could be used for pistol builds, or non-semi
automatic builds, and don't have a rifled bore. 1639 was written for political gain, not technical achievement. Look at the RCW definitions.

Okay. So a lower doesn't qualify as a rifle as far as the RCW 9.41.010, item 24. And then since item 27 includes the term "rifle" in it, the lower again doesn't qualify as a "Semiautomatic assault rifle" either. Sounds like an oversight or loophole, however you want to look at it. I'm not complaining though.

(24) "Rifle" means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed metallic cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger.

(27) "Semiautomatic assault rifle" means any rifle which utilizes a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and which requires a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top