JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You know, one of these oil catch thingies that screw onto the end a barrel where you can put a filter on the end and pour bore cleaner in there, etc, make sense.

But they are overbuilt for that purpose, so I am sure there are crazies out there that would use these instead as a oil filter suppressor.

NO THANKS. I'd never even think about having one of these in my possession so I could even be accused of having a non-registered suppressor, even if i wanted it as a barrel cleaning aid.

If we lived in many Euro countries it sure would be nice to just 'make' a suppressor for $15 though.

The thing is, I can't find 13x1, etc, pistons/adaptors for my Liberty Mystic anywhere, Gemtech or otherwise. Why can't a guy like this make 'real' suppressor adaptors and reap some real profits?

Places like TROS charge a fortune and make you wait forever for a $75 part. You know a guy like this could make a .5x28 to 13x1 adaptor for <$20 all day.

Solvent Trap Oil Filter Adapter M16X1 LH | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/sch/rockriver82...h=item3380e967c6&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

Man am I slow! I finally read the description and could hardly believe it - Lets see, screw an oil filter on for 'efficient' cleaning of your barrel? And Ebay buys off on this and does pull the listing?

I don't understand this comment. Can you please explain?

I fill my rifle barrels with solvent and let them sit for days so that the solvent penetrates the fouling. when I drain the solvent it is comtaminated and I often throw it away but this filter system would let me recycle the solvent

I really want to own a couple but never want to give an excuse for the Big Brother to search my house.
Why would they search your house over cleaning supplies? you have a this in your shed/work bench (where ever you clean your guns) and in your garage you have your spare oil filters that you use when you change your own oil. Where's the issue?

Yes, Big Brothers have more time and resource to twist things around. They may collect your name address from the seller and have it delivery to a judge to sign off a search warrant for owning NFA items without tax stamp.

Yes, Big Brothers have more time and resource to twist things around. They may collect your name address from the seller and have it delivery to a judge to sign off a search warrant for owning NFA items without tax stamp.

I would like to see any actual case where somebody had their house searched just because they owned NFA items, and not because they were a suspect in a crime for other reasons.

The government hasn't come raiding my house yet, and not only do I have a lot of guns, I've got a lot of NFA too.

I would like to see any actual case where somebody had their house searched just because they owned NFA items, and not because they were a suspect in a crime for other reasons.

The government hasn't come raiding my house yet, and not only do I have a lot of guns, I've got a lot of NFA too.

^^^ THANK YOU! ^^^ Everything thinks this is an NFA item, or at least has to same affect of buying one. If a simple tool to clean your gun. Anyone with a lathe could make thousands of these and BIG BROTHER isn't kicking in the doors of every metal shop in America. The guy has sold 23 of these and something tells we were not going to be reading about 20 raids across the nation turning up illegal NFA items. By all means if you want one but don't have the grapes to buy one, send me a PM and I'll order you one (I'll even include a free tinfoil hat).

I might get a couple for cleaning. I also like to let them sit plus I have nice carpet stains from being careless. Especially .22 barrels. Since I have NFA suppressors I don't see any semi-intelligent person/entity believing I would use these for any other purpose.

I just wish this guy or someone like him would make adapters for various suppressors. Those are not NFA items anyway.

Saying the guy can't sell these when he states they are for an oil catch isn't correct. Wasp spray is sold to kill bugs. Many people buy it as cheap 'mace' spray. You can't stop someone from doing something illegal if that is a risk they want to take. Anyone that would play that game with NFA-type items is an idiot though - not worth the serious penalties in any way.

I suspect all is well with owning one, heck it looks like any one of a number of 'reducing' parts/fittings I see nearly daily. And it would probably still be technically legal with the filter screwed on - until there is a hole down the middle.

Alright so they are for cleaning then. What's a good cleaner that can safely left in a bore wet for an extended length of time? I ask because I've heard of at least one where it will eat up chrome lining if left in too long (shooter's choice or sweets 762) maybe?

Places like TROS charge a fortune and make you wait forever for a $75 part. You know a guy like this could make a .5x28 to 13x1 adaptor for <$20 all day.

Seriously? What material is he using? Titanium? On a CNC lathe that might be a 6 minute part, deburred, second-op clean-up and deburred out of 5/8" 303 stainless at an inch long (~$.50 per part). Shop rate at $100/hour = $10.50 normal costs in lots of say 50-100. Hmm.... FFL required? Probably-and that is why he gets $75 a part. The BATF can shut you down, send you to jail and take all your stuff.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top