JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
TAMARA KEEL: Back From The Dead And Ready To Party. "This year at SHOT Show, you couldn't swing a Miami Classic shoulder holster without hitting a maker with a 10mm offering in their booth."

In case you are wondering - for all your Miami Vice LARP

Miami_Classic_1500_b.jpg

And pick up one of these
Bren_ten.jpg

Don't forget the pastel tees and socks.

Was it ever dead? I just went 10mm shopping today and had tons of options to choose from. Prices for ammo aren't too bad either, I was able to pick up fmj target ammo for $17.99 for a box of 50.

TAMARA KEEL: Back From The Dead And Ready To Party. "This year at SHOT Show, you couldn't swing a Miami Classic shoulder holster without hitting a maker with a 10mm offering in their booth."

In case you are wondering - for all your Miami Vice LARP

View attachment 424672

And pick up one of these
View attachment 424673

Don't forget the pastel tees and socks.
Socks? I don't remember any socks in that show. That is my favorite holster, just wish I could practice a draw from it at the range.

Was it ever dead? I just went 10mm shopping today and had tons of options to choose from. Prices for ammo aren't too bad either, I was able to pick up fmj target ammo for $17.99 for a box of 50.

It never actually died but it sure looked like it might for a while. It got to the point where for a good while it was rare to see one new. The ammo was also rare to see. For a couple years now it's seen a resurgence and it keeps getting better.

The only reason the 10mm isn't the number one selling handgun/cartridge in the US is because people are wimpy.

True story. :D

Color me intrigued. :)
The AR sells more than other rifles because people can't handle recoil.
Skinny Vietnamese women had AKs, journalist cries cause AR (this one is more of an insult to the journalist but give me some credit).
AR is to prepare children to shoot real rifles.

List can go on. I quite like the 5.56 round (and retro ARs, like M16A1 and Xm177 clones), just couldn't resist. :oops:

I do think I'm missing a 10mm in my life. Maybe when I'm done with rifles I need to get a 10mm.

The AR sells more than other rifles because people can't handle recoil.
Skinny Vietnamese women had AKs, journalist cries cause AR (this one is more of an insult to the journalist but give me some credit).
AR is to prepare children to shoot real rifles.

List can go on. I quite like the 5.56 round (and retro ARs, like M16A1 and Xm177 clones), just couldn't resist. :oops:

I do think I'm missing a 10mm in my life. Maybe when I'm done with rifles I need to get a 10mm.

Let me clear my throat......

AR's sell more than others due to price, available parts and an aftermarket that rivals no other. Let's not forget the press and anti-gunners that have made it a household name. Thank you Anti-2A's for making it the hottest selling rifle these days. :)

I think recoil has ZIPPO to do with it. The AK has barely any more recoil than the AR, is less accurate... and by today's standards reliability can be easily argued either way. This ain't 1965 afterall.

But yes, you ARE missing a 10mm in your life. And when acquired it will change that. ;)

Was it ever dead? I just went 10mm shopping today and had tons of options to choose from.
IMO yes, the 10mm was invented in 1983 and had trouble right out of the gate in guns with the Bren Ten being the only offering which didnt sell and IIRC went bankrupt. The cartridge was dead until Colt started selling them in their Delta Elite, but they also had problems with the first run frame cracking and stopped making them for a while. Then Smith & Wesson made some for a short while and discontinued them, then Glock started selling them later on, then Colt fixed their issue and made them again too, (not certain if I have that order correctly...) I don't recall exactly when that was but I do recall when I first wanted one in the mid 90s and couldn't find anything for about a year until I found the last Colt Delta Elite in town at a store and drove straight over. Ammo wasn't as popular or available and most was really watered down for a long while....
...but I slowly watched the ammo and guns availability grow to what it was today, most all major manufacturers offer a 10mm gun and ammo is widely available and the trend has moved back, kinda, to mostly "full pressure" * loads including hunting loads the way it should be.

*the original 10mm was never meant to be watered down, normal 10mm is "full pressure"

I read a gun mag a while ago that suggested that someone was going to re-introduce the Bren Ten.

Last Edited:
I digress....

AR's sell more than others due to price, available parts and an aftermarket that rivals no other. Let's not forget the press and anti-gunners that have made it a household name. Thank you Anti-2A's for making it the hottest selling rifle these days. :)

I think recoil has ZIPPO to do with it. The AK has barely any more recoil than the AR, is less accurate... and by today's standards reliability can be easily argued either way. This ain't 1965 afterall.

But yes, you ARE missing a 10mm in your life. And when acquired it will change that. ;)
Paki tape. AK is not as accurate cause silly infidels don't use green paki tape. You must use green tape, praise allah, you hit bug other side of desert.

I know its mostly cost and parts availability, just had to joke with it. While the AK does not have much more recoil (if comparing an AKM or AK47 to an AR), people still do blow the recoil out of proportion. My friend thought my mother, who is only 5' and 109 lbs, couldn't handle the wasr and she handled it quite well, especially since the warsaw stock is perfect for her. Course I think it was just his ego trying to push an AR on her, when she prefers the AK. Its the only rifle I have she thinks is cool, and the only one she figured out without my aid.
Course, FAL>Both AK and AR anyways. It is the Right Arm of the Free World after all. :D

Also, if I get a 10mm I might get a .44 mag to go with it. o_O

For some reason, a quality AR can be had for less than an AK these days. With a rail to mount optics and such.

Pmags are sold at most sporting goods stores, and let's not forget how tacticool an AR can look. :D

And the most important thing about the AR??

:s0042:

For some reason, a quality AR can be had for less than an AK these days. With a rail to mount optics and such.

Pmags are sold at most sporting goods stores, and let's not forget how tacticool an AR can look. :D

And the most important thing about the AR??

:s0042:
Yeah... I'm going with the FAL. The rest of the free world liked it. :rolleyes:

AKs do have rails available tbh, I just don't use em. Atm my AUG is the only rifle with rails (much to my annoyance). I stepped away from ARs. The only ARs I'll have in the future are retro builds. Not sure why, just don't care for the tacticool look.... He says as his AK wears a foregrip handguard. o_O

Also, I have the sidearm that won both World Wars, so I'm good on the U.S part. :D

Maybe that'll be my first 10mm?

Yeah... I'm going with the FAL. The rest of the free world liked it. :rolleyes:

AKs do have rails available tbh, I just don't use em. Atm my AUG is the only rifle with rails (much to my annoyance). I stepped away from ARs. The only ARs I'll have in the future are retro builds. Not sure why, just don't care for the tacticool look.... He says as his AK wears a foregrip handguard. o_O

Also, I have the sidearm that won both World Wars, so I'm good on the U.S part. :D

Maybe that'll be my first 10mm?

I might have a half dozen AR's somewhere that range from a CAR-15 clone to tacticool builds.

I'd love to add an FAL into the mix.

A 10mm ALWAYS fits in somewhere. :)

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews