JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
as a novice handgunner long ago, IHMSA revolver iron sight matches toppling 50# rams at 200 yards, introduced me to the notion of 'maximum power' loads.....eventually I tired of the muzzle blast, recoil and noisome barrel leading each match requiring continual remedy....

That experience made me long for the to-be-discovered pleasures of being able to shoot 2 days in a row without RotoRooter/Hoppes9 service truck on call. Driving 44 mag hot loads ever faster without suffering sudden expensive unpleasantness involving barrel fragments & hot bits of ballistic steel frames became just too edgy for my novice level skills.

The simpler yet ever-more joyful reality for my own loads now, is finding ones I can accurately place on the target often enough to please myself with 'group' identifiable, rather than my previous random collection of specs resembling rat turds in a dresser drawer.

It took years to untrain the flinch. There still lurks traces of it on certain loads.

I see an average 1360 FPS out of a 5 inch 1911 and 1410 FPS out of a 6 inch 1911! @13.4 Gr Blue Dot! Safe? In my Arms yes ( Would not recommend testing in any Glock), yours, Handle with care!!! I have found a fairly consistent 80 FPS increase with every inch of barrel increase all the way to 16 inches which seems to be the max barrel length a 10 mm benefits from!

I see an average 1360 FPS out of a 5 inch 1911 and 1410 FPS out of a 6 inch 1911! @13.4 Gr Blue Dot! Safe? In my Arms yes ( Would not recommend testing in any Glock), yours, Handle with care!!! I have found a fairly consistent 80 FPS increase with every inch of barrel increase all the way to 16 inches which seems to be the max barrel length a 10 mm benefits from!

Interesting!
You're saying no glock because of the unsupported chamber, or another reason?

Too bad it looks like Lone Wolf no longer does the 9" barrel for 10mm :(

Unfortunately Lonewolf barrels don't look any different in support than Glock's own. I might look into another brand.
G20OEMLW2010.1.jpg G20OEMLW2010.2.jpg

First Glock I ever bought was a police trade in G22 - it bulged damn near every case I ever fired from it. Not a big deal to me since I don't reload, but did make me skeptical of running hot 40s in a Glock. I actually kinda sorta miss that gun, Buuuut I learned to hate 2nd gen Glocks when I bought a 2nd gen g22 (my first was an early gen 3) - gen 2 .40s without finger grooves, the thumb shelf, or grip texture were basically bars of soap. The difference was striking. My grip probably had a lot to do with it. :rolleyes:

And @Medic! My earlier post was sarcasm of course :D Everyone loves ze German Luger round, with maybe the exception of @No_Regerts , including me. But this is 'Murica, and we still don't like that funky, easy to grasp, sensical metric system. Thats for limp wristed, pink panty wearin' yuuropeein's. :D Cooper should've called the round the .40 Cooper Magnum Automatic. And maybe worked with a better gun company to build a gun to harness its time barrier sheering power :D the S&W 1006 was / is a good gun. Maybe they shudda built Cooper's dream gun.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top